Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Cyprus
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Cyprus International Moving Services
International moving involves the transportation of goods from one country to another. It can come about following changes in an industry, the operations of a business or an individual’s life. There are professionals who provide international moving services such as transportation, storage, packing and unpacking and in general assist their clients to move with ease.
Import duties charged by customs
If you’ll be moving to Cyprus and bringing the bulk of your household goods with you – it’s possible to import these without paying duty. To be eligible, you’ll need to have owned these items for a minimum of one year. In addition, you and your family must have been personally using these goods during this time. You also are required to have lived abroad for more than the last 12 months, and to import reasonable quantities of these goods. Finally, you’re not permitted to sell them once you enter Cyprus.
Even if you receive duty exemption on your shipment, if you’ll be relocating to Cyprus for a long duration – then a Temporary Refugee Levy (or TRL) will be assessed on your goods. Also, it is possible that specific items may not fall under duty exemption, so speak with customs to learn what fees your shipment will incur (1).
Import documents prescribed by customs
Certain paperwork is required to process your shipment, including a packing list and your passport. A completed Form 1002 should also be presented, which has been stamped and signed by the embassy in your origin country. Your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill must also be shown. If you’re moving from an EU country, you’ll also need a T2L form (which bears the signature of customs in your origin country).
If you’re coming from a non-EU nation instead, then you’ll need a Letter of Employment. A bank statement verifying that you have money deposited within Cyprus is also required. You should also include copies of your utility bills and your past lease or sales contract, for your previous residence in your origin country. Proof of school registration and an exemption from the embassy in your origin country, round out the list of required paperwork (2).
Import duties charged on your vehicle
There are conflicting accounts from reputable sources, on the topic of how duties are handled by customs. One source states that duty exemption is available, provided you meet the necessary conditions. These include coming from a non-EU country, having owned the vehicle for longer than the last six months – and having an odometer reading of higher than 6,000 kilometers.
You also must have lived outside of Cyprus for at least 12 months in a row, and import the vehicle no later than six months after moving. Exempt status also requires that you prove permanent relocation to the country, and that you pay the necessary value-added tax (VAT). This VAT is separate from import duties, and currently stands at around 18% (3).
Import documents for your vehicle
Before your vehicle will be authorized to enter Cyprus, you must provide proof of insurance. The purchase invoice or receipt and the vehicle’s registration are also needed. Your passport will also be requested, along with quite a few additional forms (4).
This discussion isn’t exhaustive, and other paperwork requirements and regulations apply to your household items and vehicle. Be sure to get in touch with customs before moving, to verify that you’re in full compliance.
You also benefit from having ease of mind by having a shipping company ship your car to Cyprus since they will handle all logistical issues.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Relocation involves a number of tasks and details to be attended to. Make your international move easier by acting on the following handy tips:
- Prepare and package your belongings in a way that eases their handling and storage. Label them well and be sure to indicate if there is anything fragile.
- Prepare your travel documents and proof of ownership well in advance so as to enable easy processing.
- Liaise with the moving company. Establish a good relationship and communicate with them to ease the moving process. Make your expectations known and provide all information related to your international move or the handling of your valuables.
- Research on rules and regulations that govern shipping to Cyprus. There is information available online on the websites of agencies and authorities such as the US Department of Transport (USDOT).
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Whether or not you are new to relocating, you stand to benefit from the guidance and support provided by a professional moving company. Relocating brings about a lot of anxiety primarily due to the goods that need to be moved from one point to the next. A good moving company will provide you with the best Cyprus International Moving Services. They will have the required experience to walk you through your journey from start to finish. It will also give you peace of mind to have your belongings stored, handled, packed and unpacked by a trusted team.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
Many movers provide international moving services but you need to find the best one for you. Your search may include seeking referrals from friends or conducting online searches. There are also a number of factors that you need to consider when settling on the company that will provide you with the best Cyprus International Moving Services. This includes the cost of transportation and other services provided. You also need to consider the company’s performance and success story as indicated in their testimonials and client rating. It is also important to find out if they are licensed to ship to Cyprus and if their insurance cover caters for third parties.
Our Cyprus International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: We make the move easy for you by putting your items together ready for the move then unpacking once we get to your destination.
- Commercial moving: Moving big or small businesses is our specialty. We will not only move you but also help you set up your office in your new location
- Apartment moves: You have found a new home in Cyprus? We will help to make your move as hassle-free as possible!
- Planning and preparation: Our success story is mainly due to the careful planning, preparation and execution we undertake.
- Visa and immigration services: We guide you on how to make your visa application and immigration process to Cyprus stress-free.
- Housing assistance: We understand you need to move with ease and that is why we offer you housing services.
- Family services: We customize our services so they can cater for each family’s unique demands.
- Auto transport services: Safe, reliable and affordable transportation of your vehicle or motorbike is available.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
When you want to embark on a journey that you are unfamiliar with, you need a trusted guide. You will find a trusted, forthright and reliable partner in us. Our experience in the moving industry, spanning over 20 years, has made us the preferred choice for people who are relocating. Most of our clients refer us to others which show that we have provided exemplary services to them. We want to partner with you and will provide you with an obligation free quotation. We will provide you with the guidance you seek and the support you need.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We look forward to hear from you! Give us a call at 888-509-3213 or get in-touch using the contact details included here. We will respond in real-time.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Cyprus” page.
-In contrast, VAT is 15% and import duty is 6% to 8% if you aren’t eligible for exemption – according to:
Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Cyprus” page.