Curaçao International Moving Services
Do you have plans to relocate to Curacao? International moving is such a complex undertaking that it is almost impossible to execute it on your own. Indeed, a lot of conditions have to be met for it to be successful. For instance, in some countries, you have to meet rigorous immigration requirements. Also, there are occasional delays with customs departments in some nations. For this reason, many people seek the help of professional moving companies.
Moving to Curaçao Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Curaçao||$3,600- $6,000||$6,700- $11,000||4-6 weeks|
|Miami to Willemstad||$3,600- $6,000||$6,700- $11,000||4-6 weeks|
|San Jose to Curaçao||$4,000- $6,700||$7,600- $12,300||4-8 weeks|
|Detroit to Curaçao||$4,000- $6,700||$7,400- $12,200||4-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Willemstad||$4,100- $6,800||$7,600- $12,500||4-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Curaçao||$4,500- $7,400||$8,300- $13,700||4-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Curaçao||$4,600- $7,600||$8,500- $13,900||4-6 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Curaçao||$4,600- $7,600||$8,300- $13,900||4-6 weeks|
|Phoenix to Curaçao||$4,800- $7,800||$8,700- $14,400||4-8 weeks|
|Denver to Willemstad||$6,000- $10,000||$11,000- $18,100||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties when importing household items into Curaçao
It may be possible to receive duty exemption, when bringing your shipment of household goods through customs. In order to be eligible, you must have been living outside Curaçao for at least the last six months - though this doesn’t guarantee that import duties will be waived (1). To determine if exemption will be granted in your specific case, you should speak with customs.
Documents when importing household items into Curaçao
Customs will request your Certificate of Residence and a comprehensive inventory listing all the goods you’re importing. You also must provide your passport and either the Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for your shipment (2).
Duties when importing your vehicle into Curaçao
Duty-free importation is also available when importing your vehicle. The prerequisites are having lived outside of Curaçao for a minimum of the last year. You also must have purchased the vehicle at least 12 months ago, and have been using it personally during this time (3).
Documents when importing your vehicle into Curaçao
During the clearance process, customs will need to see the purchase invoice (the original) for your vehicle. The vehicle’s title is also required, though a certificate of ownership will also suffice. A tax receipt and the vehicle’s registration must be provided, along with proof of valid insurance coverage. Finally, you must give customs your passport and the Original Bill of Lading (4).
Other paperwork may be needed and additional regulations may apply - so you should talk with customs before proceeding with your move.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Plan in advance: Planning early is crucial when it comes to moving abroad. This is because there is so much involved. In fact, most international moving companies advise their clients to start preparations about 90 days before the day of moving. Undeniably, this gives you enough time to attend to everything you need.
- Visa and passport: Moving overseas requires a visa and a passport. When looking for Curacao international moving services, find out if there is a moving company that assists its clients in applying for these documents. To get your visa, you could also visit the Netherlands Embassy in Washington DC or apply for one via their website. Also, ensure that you apply for your passport through the US Government.
- Research: Try to get as much information about your destination as possible. Start by searching the internet; find out about the local cultures and practices. Also familiarize yourself with the rules and regulations, cities, regions and other vital information.
- Budget: Undeniably, you will have spent so much to get to your destination. It is also likely that you will take some time either to get a job or to set-up a business. You therefore, need to cut-down on costs to ensure that you have money to handle your expenses. Indeed, having a written-down budget will go a long way.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need an international moving company when relocating overseas
Clearly, international moving is an arduous task. It is very complex, mentally straining, and strenuous. This is the reason why most people hire professional international movers who are often well-trained and have the right equipment for the job. They will ensure that your belongings are handled carefully and arrive at your destination safely. Indeed, they provide hassle-free services.
How to find the best international moving company
Obviously, there are many shipping companies. So, when looking for Curacao international moving services, kindly take note of the following:
- Ensure that the company you will choose is licensed.
- Make sure that the company that you settle for has insurance that caters for damage on items during transportation.
- Compare different costs and estimates from different companies. Select the one that gives you the package you want at the most affordable rate.
- Ask if there is a company that provides extra services such as offering help in applying for a passport and a visa.
Our Curacao international moving services
We offer the following:
- Packing/unpacking: We load and offload belongings for you.
- Corporate moves: We handle moving offices and businesses.
- Apartment moves: We help you with moving between rental apartments.
- Visa and immigration services: We help with processing documents for visa and immigration services application.
- Planning and preparation: We provide useful information about international moving. This includes how to package your belongings ready for the day of moving.
- Housing and family services: We help you locate and find a suitable home. Additionally, we help in locating family services such as schools and hospitals.
- Auto transport services: We offer international moving of vehicles.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
Undeniably, our experience speaks for itself. Indeed we have been in operation for more than 30 years. During this time, we have helped thousands of clients to successfully move and settle abroad. Whether, you want to retire and move to a foreign country, or just want to change locations, we have you covered. We have vast knowledge and information regarding international moving. Rest assured that you are in the right hands. We also assure you that if you have any questions, we have the answers you need.
Make the switch!
If you want to relocate from the US to Curacao, we are the perfect international moving company for you. Talk to us by contacting our experts on our toll-free number 888-509-3213. Also, to receive free estimates of our services, kindly do not forget to fill in the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.