Cuba International Moving Services
Change is something that is constant and ever present in the business industry or in an individual’s life. At times, changes will require a company or an individual to move to new territories. This is called relocation. International moving can prove to be a long and tedious process. It is therefore advisable to look for a company that offers international moving services so that you benefit from a hassle-free move. It is also a good idea to settle for a company that offers shipping services for vehicles.
Moving to Cuba Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Havana||$3,100 - $5,100||$5,700 - $9,400||3-5 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Cuba||$3,300 - $5,500||$6,200 - $10,100||3-5 weeks|
|LA to Havana||$3,500 - $5,800||$6,400 - $10,500||3-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Cuba||$3,500 - $5,800||$6,400 - $10,500||3-6 weeks|
|Charlotte to Cuba||$3,500 - $5,800||$6,400 - $10,500||3-5 weeks|
|Dallas to Cuba||$3,600 - $5,900||$6,500 - $10,800||3-5 weeks|
|Columbus to Cuba||$3,900 - $6,400||$7,100 - $11,600||3-5 weeks|
|Memphis to Cuba||$3,900 - $6,400||$7,100 - $11,600||3-5 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Havana||$4,000 - $6,500||$7,300 - $12,100||3-6 weeks|
|Portland to Cuba||$4,000 - $6,700||$7,300 - $12,100||3-5 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Import duties charged by Cuban customs
You’ll be relieved to discover, that both new and used household belongings can be imported without pay duty. The only requirement to receive this exemption, is that you’ve lived outside of Cuba for a minimum of the last 12 months. You also must list all non-personal items on your customs declaration form, as well as cash (if it’s more than $5,000 USD) (1).
Restrictions for U.S. Citizens
The changing travel restrictions for Americans have been in the news often in recent years, with President Obama changing the regulations (in order to make travel to Cuba easier). President Trump has rescinded many of these measures - so you shouldn’t consider traveling or relocating to Cuba without first checking the latest regulations (2).
Paperwork required by Cuban customs
You’ll need to give customs a comprehensive inventory, and this can be written in English or Spanish. Your housing lease or purchase contract is also needed, to demonstrate residency in Cuba. A valid visa is required as well, and you must request this from the Cuban Director of Immigration and Foreign Affairs in the Ministry of the Interior.
The Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill for your shipment should also be shown. Finally, your passport must be presented - though if you’re American, having it stamped by Cuban customs could lead to problems (including legal ones, if you’re not entering the country under any currently permissioned types of travel) (3).
Import duties levied on your vehicle by Cuban customs
The reputable sources consulted, make no mention of the import duty requirements when shipping your vehicle to Cuba. They do, however, make it clear that you must obtain prior permission. Cuban customs only permits certain vehicle types into its borders, and it’s recommended that you speak with your destination agent before shipping any vehicle (4).
Paperwork required for your vehicle by Cuban customs
You must have your title and registration (the originals), as well as the purchase receipt or invoice. A purchase or rental contract may also need to be shown, if this applies to your vehicle shipment (5).
With the often-changing laws regarding travel to Cuba (at least for Americans), you should not embark on a move without consulting the U.S. State Department. They’ll be able to advise you about the legality of relocating, along with all of the most current restrictions and regulations.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Do plenty of research on licensed companies that provide Cuba International Moving Services. To settle on your final pick, determine which one will match your budget and still meet your needs.
- To ensure ease of handling, storage and movement of your goods; package and label them properly.
- Familiarize yourself with the rules related to migrating to Cuba. The US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website contains useful information that you can peruse through.
- Prepare your travel documents well-in-advance and present them when they will be required for processing.
- Liaise with the moving company and maintain good contact. This ensures that the process will be easy, with the information being passed clearly and action taken as required.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Moving abroad may be challenging, especially if you attempt to do it by yourself. To make your relocation less overwhelming, it is best to seek the services of a professional moving company. Hiring Cuba International Moving Services such as storage and transportation of your goods, document processing, packing and unpacking will give you ease of mind. A good moving company will go the extra mile and offer you with all the support you require for your big move, from start to finish.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
There are many international moving companies but you need one that will meet your needs. Some factors need to be considered when searching for the best international moving company. Here are questions you need to pose when doing your search:
- Does the company offer secure, reliable and timely transportation?
- Does the company have a professional team that will offer you with the support you seek?
- Does the company possess the required credentials, certifications and license to provide Cuba International Moving Services?
- What is the company’s success story, performance and rating compared to other moving companies?
- What is the estimated cost of hiring their services? Does this estimate match your budget?
- Does the company have an insurance cover and does it cater for third parties?
Our Cuba international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: Leave the hassle of packing and unpacking your goods to us.
- Commercial moving: We are here to help big and small businesses make the move.
- Office moves: We know you need to get back to business soon and that is why we make this process as quick and easy as can be.
- Apartment moves: Moving to your new apartment need not be hard; with our expertise, we will make it a stress-free experience!
- Planning and preparation: We offer you much needed guidance as you plan and prepare for your move to Cuba.
- Visa and immigration services: Immigrating to Cuba requires a number of visa requirements and we can advise you as you make your application.
- Housing assistance: We offer affordable housing assistance to help you settle into your destination with ease.
- Family services: We can cater to each family’s unique demands and make the move more enjoyable.
- Auto transport services: Due to existing restrictions, we are unable to ship cars to Cuba at the moment. However, we do offer reliable, safe and affordable auto transport services.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We know you want to enjoy services from a team that is forthright, experienced and reliable. We know that you need an affordable and secure means of transporting your valuables. We at A-1 Auto Transport are up to the task. We will even go the extra mile to ensure that your journey is hassle-free, from start to finish. You will get to enjoy our top-notch services at a competitive price.
Move with us!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We look forward to hear from you and to help you relocate. Give us a call at 888-509-3213. You can also get in touch via the contact details provided. Make the right move! Move with us!
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Cuba” page.
Found on Moverscom “Customs Regulations - Cuba” page.
Moverscom “Customs Regulations - Cuba” page
Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Cuba” page
Found on Moverscom “Customs Regulations - Cuba” page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇨🇺 Cuba, (CU)
Our Services and Information
Car Classic FAQ
Car International FAQ
🇨🇺 Cuba, (CU)
🇨🇺 Cuba, (CU)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- 3 Tips For Moving Back To SchoolAcclimating After Moving To Another CountyAdams State University Moving ServicesAfter The Move: Painting Your HomeAlabama Agricultural and Mechanical University Moving ServicesAlabama State University Moving ServicesAlbany State University Moving ServicesAlcorn State University Moving ServicesAppalachian State University Moving ServicesApproximate Moving Cost CalculatorArizona State University Downtown Phoenix Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Polytechnic Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Tempe Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University West Campus Moving ServicesArkansas State University Moving ServicesArkansas Tech University (ATU) Moving ServicesArmstrong State University Moving ServicesAthens State University Moving ServicesAuburn University at Montgomery Moving ServicesAuburn University Moving ServicesAugusta University Moving ServicesBall State University Moving ServicesBari, ItalyBemidji State University Moving ServicesBest Questions To Ask Local Movers
- Moving To AfghanistanMoving To AlbaniaMoving To AlgeriaMoving To AndorraMoving To AngolaMoving To Antigua and BarbudaMoving To ArgentinaMoving To ArmeniaMoving To AustraliaMoving To AustriaMoving To AzerbaijanMoving To BahamasMoving To BahrainMoving To BangladeshMoving To BarbadosMoving To BelarusMoving To BelgiumMoving To BelizeMoving To BeninMoving To BhutanMoving To BoliviaMoving To Bosnia And HerzegovinaMoving To BotswanaMoving To BrazilMoving To Brunei
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September