Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Croatia
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Croatia International Moving Services
International moving is the process in which a company or an individual transports their goods from one country to another. The need for such international moving services is met by qualified service providers with specific experience in this area; they make it possible for their clients to have a hassle-free move. International moving services include, but are not limited to: Transportation, packing and unpacking, moving and storage of the goods. Auto transport services are also available to enable you ship your car safely and in a timely manner.
Will you be charged import duties?
Croatia allows you to be exempted from import duties, as long as you meet the required criteria. First, you must have a bond on deposit. Second, you must have been living outside of Croatia for a minimum of the last 12 months. Third, you are required to have owned and used these items for at least the last six months. Finally, you may not transfer them to anyone else (or even let other people borrow them) for a full two years after entering the country (1).
What paperwork will you need?
Customs will ask for a comprehensive inventory that includes values, and this should be signed by you and written in both English and Croatian. You also must show your lease or purchase contract, proving you have a residence in the country. Your visa, Work Permit or Extended Stay Permit are also required. If you’ll be using a third-party shipping company like A1 Auto Transport, then you must submit a Power of Attorney. Finally, your passport and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill should be included in your paperwork (2).
Will you be charged duties on your vehicle?
For long-term importation of your vehicle into Croatia, you’ll be required to pay the typical import duties. Though no exemption is allowed, duty is waived if you import your vehicle on a temporary basis. In fact, temporary vehicle imports don’t even require customs clearance – though you’re only permitted to keep the vehicle in Croatia for under six months. Once that time limit expires, you must either export the vehicle or pay the duties required to import it permanently (3).
What paperwork will you need for your vehicle?
If you’re opting to go the long-term importation route, then you’ll need to have it cleared for entry by customs. They require a Bill of Sale and the vehicle title to be submitted. You’ll also need a notarized sales contract (or perhaps a purchase invoice) and the Original Bill of Lading. If you don’t own the vehicle outright, but are still paying on the loan – then written authorization from the loan owner is necessary (4).
This brief overview is far from comprehensive, and many additional regulations and filing requirements apply. Therefore, when shipping your household goods and vehicle from your origin country, you should always talk with Croatian customs before proceeding.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Make your international move easier by acting upon the following tips:
- Your goods will be handled frequently and you therefore need to package them well. Packaging options such as boxing or crating are suitable for different types of goods.
- Prepare your documents well in advance so as to enable easy processing.
- Liaise with the moving company. Establish a good relationship with them and maintain constant communication throughout the process. You will be able to clearly communicate your expectations and they will also be forthright and update you of your move and any changes.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
International moving requires you to undertake many tasks such as visa applications, packing and unpacking, document preparation and transportation of your goods, just to mention a few. Hiring the services of a professional moving company will help you lessen this burden. Your relocation will be made much easier since you will be provided with the much needed support and your anxiety will ease knowing that the moving company will attend to all details.
How to find the best international moving company
The number of movers providing international moving services is steadily increasing. This may make you, and many other clients, get stuck when you reach the point where you need to settle on a company that you can make the move with.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
To help you select a company that provides the best Croatia International Moving Services, you need to take some factors into consideration. Some of these factors include the moving company’s expertise and its ratings. This will give you an idea as to whether they can meet your expectations. Find out if the company is legally licensed to ship to Croatia. There is also the cost factor so request for a quote to get the shipping cost estimate.
Our Croatia International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: We ease the burden of moving and help you pack and unpack.
- Commercial moving: Our specialty is moving commercial entities to Croatia.
- Office moves: We move with you and enable you set-up shop in a hassle-free manner.
- Apartment moves: We transport your valuables safely to your new apartment.
- Planning and preparation: We know that proper preparation is important for you to make a well planned move and are here to guide you every step of the way.
- Visa and immigration services: We are well acquainted with Croatia’s visa requirements and will advise you accordingly.
- Housing assistance: We have a reliable and professional team that delivers great housing assistance.
- Family services: Families feel at home with us and enjoy our personalized family services.
- Auto transport services: We are the trusted hand that can transport your valued automobile safely and reliably; at an affordable price.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
While relocating, is your main priority to benefit from services provided by an experienced, reliable and affordable mover? Look no further! We at A-1 Auto Transport have served clients for over 20 years and offer various services, including Croatia International Moving Services. We also guarantee you peace of mind since we will deliver your goods and our promises too!
Our customers have also given us the thumbs-up that we are a better company compared to the rest. This is because majority of them are repeat customers. Also, a large percentage of them (97% to be exact) refer us to other clients seeking moving services. We also understand that you would like to make the move without necessarily exceeding your budget. We provide free quotes upon request.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. We will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible. You are welcome to give us a call at 888-509-3213 or write to us using the contact details included here. We will be able to provide more guidance, information, clarification on our Croatia International Moving Services.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Croatia” page.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Croatia” page.