- Ivory Coast International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Côte D'ivoire?
- Custom Fees
- Moving Insurance
- Moving To Ivory Coast Cost & Time Examples
- Import Duties When Moving To Côte D'ivoire
- A Note About Sanctions And Travel Advisories
- Paperwork When Moving To Côte D'ivoire
- Import Duties Assessed On Your Vehicle
- Paperwork To Import Your Vehicle
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Côte D’ivoire International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Move With Us!
Ivory Coast International Moving Services
Changes may come about and make a business or an individual decide to relocate to a different country. International moving involves a lot of processes and can be a long and tedious process, especially when doing a self-move. Moving companies who provide international moving services take off the load from movers and meet the growing need for relocation services.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Côte d'Ivoire?
The first paragraph (bolded):
The cost of moving internationally to Côte d'Ivoire can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on various factors such as the size of move, total distance, route, transportation method, and current market trends.
As the cities change, so does the cost change. To cite an example, a 1–2-bedroom apartment in Abidjan costs about $3,600- $6,000, and a 3-4 bedroom apartment ranges from $7,700- $12,700. Other factors like custom and tax fees, moving insurance, Visa fees, and international storage costs:
When you move to a new nation, you may be subject to customs and import taxes (also known as duties). Even if the fee is factored into the total cost of your move, a professional moving company might not itemize it on your estimate, even if it is part of the total cost. The fees typically amount to around 2 percent of the total cost of the transportation.
You could also calculate the fees on your own by adding the value of your shipment to the costs of transportation and insurance and then multiplying the resulting sum by the duty rate of the country in which the load is going to be delivered.
Adding moving insurance (also known as "transit protection") to your total moving cost is an extra cost calculated based on the total valuation and volume of your cargo. If your shipment is worth a few thousand dollars, you should expect to pay a few hundred to a few thousand dollars for insurance.
Storage options start at roughly $100 per month if you don't want to ship your possessions back to the United States (depending on the size of your shipment).
The cheapest alternative is public storage, but you won't know how well your belongings are stored until you return. Also, having someone to keep an eye on your possessions while you're away is a good idea.
For the most expensive alternative, you may want to choose international warehouse storage, which involves paying to move items to a warehouse in the destination country, from where the destination agency can decide the monthly storage rate.
Storage at a professional warehouse in the United States is often more expensive than standard storage, and, like storage in an international warehouse, you can't get to it until delivery without paying additional fees.
Moving to Ivory Coast Cost & Time Examples
|Philadelphia to Abobo||$3,200- $5,400||$6,200- $10,100||4-6 weeks|
|Boston to Bouaké||$3,300- $5,700||$6,400- $10,500||4-6 weeks|
|New York to Bouaké||$3,300- $5,700||$6,400- $10,500||4-6 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Abidjan||$3,600- $6,000||$6,900- $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Abidjan||$3,600- $6,000||$6,900- $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Abidjan||$3,700- $6,200||$6,800- $11,300||4-6 weeks|
|Memphis to Abidjan||$4,000- $6,500||$7,300- $12,100||4-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Abidjan||$4,100- $6,900||$7,700- $12,700||4-6 weeks|
|Phoenix to Abobo||$4,400- $7,300||$8,200- $13,500||4-8 weeks|
|Denver to Abobo||$5,700- $9,400||$10,500- $17,200||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Import duties when moving to Côte d'Ivoire
Duty exemption isn’t offered by customs, when bringing your household goods into the country. You’ll be required to pay the standard rate, which isn’t specified by reputable sources. In addition, your shipment can’t be valued at more than $4 USD per pound of gross weight (and your paperwork must have accurate weights included) (1).
A note about sanctions and travel advisories
The EU had leveled sanctions against Côte d'Ivoire, and the U.S. State Department had counseled U.S. citizens to leave the country back in 2010 (2). It appears these sanctions have been removed - but it’s still recommended that you exercise caution when traveling in the country (3).
Paperwork when moving to Côte d'Ivoire
Customs will request some documentation, when processing your shipment of household belongings. This includes your Residence Permit and Work Permit. A Letter of Transfer from your employer is also required, though a Certificate of Change of Residence is an acceptable substitute. You’ll need to provide your tax payer number, which you must apply for to receive. A Letter of Financial Responsibility and International Health Certificate should be provided as well (4).
Import duties assessed on your vehicle
When bringing your vehicle into Côte d'Ivoire, you should expect to pay the standard duty of around 44%. No exemptions are offered, and the specific duty rate will vary based upon the year, model, engine volume and value of your vehicle. Also keep in mind, that you’re not allowed to import vehicles manufactured more than 5 years ago (5).
Paperwork to import your vehicle
You must give customs the Bill of Sale and the appraisal value for the vehicle. The title and registration (issued in the origin country) are also required. You must show your driver’s license or other photo ID and your passport as well. Proof of insurance coverage is mandatory documentation, and you’ll also need paperwork showing your residency in the country. A Non-Sale Certificate, Import Declaration and Import License must also be submitted (6).
This overview of the forms and procedures involved in clearing customs isn’t exhaustive - and additional paperwork and rules will apply. When bringing your household goods and vehicle into Côte d'Ivoire, it’s highly recommended that you speak with customs about all the requirements you’ll need to follow.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
These tips can help you make your international move a smooth process:
- Conduct plenty of research on your move, and determine which mover will offer you with the best Côte d’Ivoire International Moving Services.
- Know the shipping rules and regulations that may dictate what you can ship to your destination country. Such information will be available upon request when you visit the respective embassy or on the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website.
- Prepare, package and label your belongings properly. Ask the mover if they can provide you with packing supplies or purchase them individually.
- Work on the required documents and whenever you are required to present them for processing, do so as soon as possible.
- Establish a good relationship with the mover and pay your bill in good time.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocating to Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast) may be exciting and daunting at the same time. There are many challenges you may encounter, including the language barrier since French is the national language. There is also a lot of activities that need to be done like packing and unpacking and processing of documents. This may weigh you down. You therefore need to seek Côte d’Ivoire International Moving Services from a professional moving company. This will make your relocation less overwhelming, as you will get assistance from start to finish.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
The following are some questions you may use to guide you in finding the best international moving company:
- Does the mover offer reliable and secure transportation of goods?
- Do they have a professional team that will attend to your request?
- Is the mover licensed to provide Côte d’Ivoire International Moving Services?
- What is the moving company’s rating and general performance compared to other movers in the industry?
Our Côte d’Ivoire international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We offer you with packing supplies and also assist you to do the packing and unpacking.
- Commercial moving: Start your commercial operations in your new location as soon as possible when you choose us.
- Office moves: Our business is to help your business move quickly and effortlessly.
- Apartment moves: We help you feel at home in Côte d’Ivoire in no time.
- Planning and preparation: We help you to plan and prepare for a successful move.
- Visa and immigration services: When moving to Côte d’Ivoire, there are many documents to prepare and we are here to guide you.
- Housing assistance: Reliable housing assistance services are available to ensure you and your family settles into your new home in a seamless manner.
- Family services: We provide tailored family services that are right just for you and your family.
- Auto transport services: We offer transportation of your vehicle via roll-on, roll-off method or container shipping. We attend to all the details and you will simply have to be at the port upon arrival of your car.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We handle various requests from many clients and we are capable of meeting and exceeding their expectations. We are reliable, forthright and experienced and that is the type of mover you would want to help you in making your big move. We value your time and promise to deliver within the expected timelines. We do our best to ensure that there are no shipping delays. We also give you value for your money, offering you with the most competitive prices. An international moving experience with A-1 Auto Transport will be enjoyable, stress-free and far from complex.
Move with us!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. Feel free to give us a call on 888-241-3110. We are ready to answer your questions, to clarify on the services provided and to offer you with a free quote! Moreover, we offer support round the clock, so you can reach out to us at any time. Move with ease, move with us.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Côte d'Ivoire” page.
-All EU and U.S. sanctions were lifted in 2016, according to:
-However, U.S. citizens are still urged by the State Department to exercise caution when traveling to Côte d'Ivoire:
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Côte d'Ivoire” page.