Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Ivory Coast
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Ivory Coast International Moving Services
Changes may come about and make a business or an individual decide to relocate to a different country. International moving involves a lot of processes and can be a long and tedious process, especially when doing a self-move. Moving companies who provide international moving services take off the load from movers and meet the growing need for relocation services.
Moving to Ivory Coast Cost & Time Examples
|Philadelphia to Abobo||$3,200- $5,400||$6,200- $10,100||4-6 weeks|
|Boston to Bouaké||$3,300- $5,700||$6,400- $10,500||4-6 weeks|
|New York to Bouaké||$3,300- $5,700||$6,400- $10,500||4-6 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Abidjan||$3,600- $6,000||$6,900- $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Abidjan||$3,600- $6,000||$6,900- $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Abidjan||$3,700- $6,200||$6,800- $11,300||4-6 weeks|
|Memphis to Abidjan||$4,000- $6,500||$7,300- $12,100||4-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Abidjan||$4,100- $6,900||$7,700- $12,700||4-6 weeks|
|Phoenix to Abobo||$4,400- $7,300||$8,200- $13,500||4-8 weeks|
|Denver to Abobo||$5,700- $9,400||$10,500- $17,200||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Import duties when moving to Côte d’Ivoire
Duty exemption isn’t offered by customs, when bringing your household goods into the country. You’ll be required to pay the standard rate, which isn’t specified by reputable sources. In addition, your shipment can’t be valued at more than $4 USD per pound of gross weight (and your paperwork must have accurate weights included) (1).
A note about sanctions and travel advisories
The EU had leveled sanctions against Côte d’Ivoire, and the U.S. State Department had counseled U.S. citizens to leave the country back in 2010 (2). It appears these sanctions have been removed – but it’s still recommended that you exercise caution when traveling in the country (3).
Paperwork when moving to Côte d’Ivoire
Customs will request some documentation, when processing your shipment of household belongings. This includes your Residence Permit and Work Permit. A Letter of Transfer from your employer is also required, though a Certificate of Change of Residence is an acceptable substitute. You’ll need to provide your tax payer number, which you must apply for to receive. A Letter of Financial Responsibility and International Health Certificate should be provided as well (4).
Import duties assessed on your vehicle
When bringing your vehicle into Côte d’Ivoire, you should expect to pay the standard duty of around 44%. No exemptions are offered, and the specific duty rate will vary based upon the year, model, engine volume and value of your vehicle. Also keep in mind, that you’re not allowed to import vehicles manufactured more than 5 years ago (5).
Paperwork to import your vehicle
You must give customs the Bill of Sale and the appraisal value for the vehicle. The title and registration (issued in the origin country) are also required. You must show your driver’s license or other photo ID and your passport as well. Proof of insurance coverage is mandatory documentation, and you’ll also need paperwork showing your residency in the country. A Non-Sale Certificate, Import Declaration and Import License must also be submitted (6).
This overview of the forms and procedures involved in clearing customs isn’t exhaustive – and additional paperwork and rules will apply. When bringing your household goods and vehicle into Côte d’Ivoire, it’s highly recommended that you speak with customs about all the requirements you’ll need to follow.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
These tips can help you make your international move a smooth process:
- Conduct plenty of research on your move, and determine which mover will offer you with the best Côte d’Ivoire International Moving Services.
- Know the shipping rules and regulations that may dictate what you can ship to your destination country. Such information will be available upon request when you visit the respective embassy or on the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website.
- Prepare, package and label your belongings properly. Ask the mover if they can provide you with packing supplies or purchase them individually.
- Work on the required documents and whenever you are required to present them for processing, do so as soon as possible.
- Establish a good relationship with the mover and pay your bill in good time.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocating to Côte d’Ivoire (Ivory Coast) may be exciting and daunting at the same time. There are many challenges you may encounter, including the language barrier since French is the national language. There is also a lot of activities that need to be done like packing and unpacking and processing of documents. This may weigh you down. You therefore need to seek Côte d’Ivoire International Moving Services from a professional moving company. This will make your relocation less overwhelming, as you will get assistance from start to finish.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
The following are some questions you may use to guide you in finding the best international moving company:
- Does the mover offer reliable and secure transportation of goods?
- Do they have a professional team that will attend to your request?
- Is the mover licensed to provide Côte d’Ivoire International Moving Services?
- What is the moving company’s rating and general performance compared to other movers in the industry?
Our Côte d’Ivoire international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We offer you with packing supplies and also assist you to do the packing and unpacking.
- Commercial moving: Start your commercial operations in your new location as soon as possible when you choose us.
- Office moves: Our business is to help your business move quickly and effortlessly.
- Apartment moves: We help you feel at home in Côte d’Ivoire in no time.
- Planning and preparation: We help you to plan and prepare for a successful move.
- Visa and immigration services: When moving to Côte d’Ivoire, there are many documents to prepare and we are here to guide you.
- Housing assistance: Reliable housing assistance services are available to ensure you and your family settles into your new home in a seamless manner.
- Family services: We provide tailored family services that are right just for you and your family.
- Auto transport services: We offer transportation of your vehicle via roll-on, roll-off method or container shipping. We attend to all the details and you will simply have to be at the port upon arrival of your car.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We handle various requests from many clients and we are capable of meeting and exceeding their expectations. We are reliable, forthright and experienced and that is the type of mover you would want to help you in making your big move. We value your time and promise to deliver within the expected timelines. We do our best to ensure that there are no shipping delays. We also give you value for your money, offering you with the most competitive prices. An international moving experience with A-1 Auto Transport will be enjoyable, stress-free and far from complex.
Move with us!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. Feel free to give us a call on 888-509-3213. We are ready to answer your questions, to clarify on the services provided and to offer you with a free quote! Moreover, we offer support round the clock, so you can reach out to us at any time. Move with ease, move with us.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Côte d’Ivoire” page.
-All EU and U.S. sanctions were lifted in 2016, according to:
-However, U.S. citizens are still urged by the State Department to exercise caution when traveling to Côte d’Ivoire:
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Côte d’Ivoire” page.