Comoros International Moving Services
International moving, just like domestic moving, requires a lot or preparation. Understandably, there is a lot of paperwork to be done when you are moving abroad. To move through this unfamiliar path, it would be advisable to seek the services of professional moving companies which offer international moving services. Doing so will make shipping of your belongings, or shipping a car to Comoros a hassle-free experience for you.
Moving to Comoros Cost & Time Examples
|Boston to Moroni||$4,600- $7,700||$8,600- $14,100||4-8 weeks|
|Houston to Comoros||$4,600- $7,700||$8,600- $14,200||4-8 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Comoros||$4,900- $8,200||$9,100- $14,900||4-8 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Moroni||$5,000- $8,300||$9,400- $15,400||5-9 weeks|
|Seattle to Comoros||$5,000- $8,300||$9,400- $15,400||5-9 weeks|
|Detroit to Comoros||$5,000- $8,300||$9,400- $15,300||4-8 weeks|
|Portland to Comoros||$5,300- $8,700||$9,800- $16,000||5-9 weeks|
|Chicago to Moroni||$5,600- $9,200||$10,300- $16,900||4-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Comoros||$5,800- $9,500||$10,700- $17,500||5-9 weeks|
|Denver to Comoros||$7,100- $11,700||$13,000- $21,200||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
What import duties are charged by Comoros?
Unfortunately, there’s not much information available about the current duties charged by customs. That said, it is possible to obtain duty exemption - though this appears to only apply to non-profit organizations (and not private individuals) (1). However, this isn’t abundantly clear, so you’re urged to consult customs directly.
What documentation is required?
If duty exemption is offered for private individuals, then you must submit some documentation to obtain it. You must send an exemption request to the Finance Ministry. Customs will also need to see a Conformity Certificate for your shipment, and a full packing list. The Original Bill of Lading and an invoice are required as well. A Non-Commercial Certificate is also needed, presumably to verify that your goods are just for personal use (2).
Separate from the paperwork required to receive exemption, you may also need to provide a Certificate of Origin. A customs Import Declaration, fiscal ID card and Import License could also be required. Proof of insurance coverage for the shipment and an inspection report from the origin country could be mandated as well (3). However, these additional documentation requirements may only apply to commercial shipments.
What import duties are charged on your vehicle?
Again, the information regarding specific duty rates isn’t available - so you’re advised to speak with customs to learn more.
What documentation is required for your vehicle?
If vehicle importation is permitted by customs, then certain paperwork must be provided. This includes the vehicle’s title and registration, along with proof of insurance and your driver’s license. You also must present your passport and proof that you’ve established residency within Comoros.
A valid receipt showing you’ve paid any applicable import taxes and duties is also mandatory documentation. Finally, proof that you’re the owner of the vehicle in question must be given to customs (4).
The information regarding importation of your household goods and vehicle into Comoros is spotty at best. For this reason, it’s vital that you consult with customs directly before shipping your goods. This will ensure that you have all the required paperwork, and are prepared for any import regulations and fees.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
As mentioned above, international moving is a detailed process which involves a lot of paperwork and preparation. These are some tips on how to make your international move easier:
- Research on the companies that offer international moving services to your destination country.
- Familiarize yourself with the customs regulations and get in touch with the Comoros Embassy to get up-to-date policies.
- Package your goods properly. Use packaging options such as boxing or crating depending on the nature of your belongings.
- Properly prepare your documents and be ready to present them as and when required.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Making a move is exciting and also overwhelming at the same time. There are also many uncertainties that you may encounter or processes that you may not entirely be familiar with. Therefore, you will need guidance from someone who is experienced with shipping to the Union of the Comoros. There are also many tasks to be handled and hiring the very able mover who provides Comoros International Moving Services will free you up so that you can handle other details.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
In case you are stuck at narrowing down to the international mover that will offer you with the best services, here are some factors that you might consider:
- The forthrightness of the company (telling you what can and cannot be shipped to a specific country and their ability to ship there).
- The availability of an insurance cover for goods while in-transit and in the possession of the mover.
- Whether the company is licensed to provide Comoros International Moving Services.
- Whether the company is recognized by the America Moving and Storage Association and if it possesses accreditations such as the BBB Certification.
- The availability of good support services. It gives you peace of mind to have any clarifications offered in a timely manner and to receive updates of the shipment.
Our Comoros international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We do the hard tasks, making your relocation a smooth process.
- Commercial moving: Moving your industrial properties is our specialty.
- Office moves: We safely handle and transport your office inventory.
- Apartment moves: We are experienced in making apartment moves hassle-free.
- Planning and preparation: To start and finish well, you need to be well prepared. We assist you to plan for all details on your move.
- Visa and immigration services: We assist you through the process of gaining entry into the Comoros.
- Housing assistance: We are the trusted hand you need if you need housing assistance.
- Family services: Your family will feel at ease when they know that a reliable mover is attending to their needs.
- Auto transport services: Exploring the beautiful island of the Comoros is convenient when you have your car. We will handle all the processes related to shipping your car and you will simply have to be present at the port when it arrives.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We at A-1 Auto Transport do our best to meet and exceed your expectations. We go beyond the usual main business of delivering your goods and also deliver our promises. We are also genuine in our operations and pricing, and can help you determine the cost of shipping your car to the Comoros. We also issue free quotes upon request and we tie no obligations to them. You will find that we offer you with the most competitive prices. Our experience in providing Comoros International Moving Services gives you the assurance that your property is in safe hands. We also deliver your goods in a timely manner and keep you updated on the progress of the shipment, giving you peace of mind.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page and do not hesitate to get in touch with us. You can call us via the number 888-509-3213 at whatever hour and we will answer your call. If you would prefer to write to us or visit us at our offices, you can get the details here.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇰🇲 Comoros, (KM)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇰🇲 Comoros, (KM)
🇰🇲 Comoros, (KM)