Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Colombia
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Colombia International Moving Services
Relocation to a different country is perceived as a daunting task. A lot of goods need to be transported and a lot of documents have to be processed. It is therefore advisable to seek international moving services from professionals. If you need assistance shipping a car to Colombia or transporting your household items or office inventory, a qualified moving company should be up to the task.
Moving to Colombia Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Medellín||$3,700- $6,100||$6,900- $11,400||4-7 weeks|
|New York to Bogotá||$3,700- $6,300||$6,900- $11,500||4-7 weeks|
|Dallas to Barranquilla||$3,800- $6,500||$7,200- $11,900||4-6 weeks|
|Seattle to Medellín||$4,100- $6,800||$7,700- $12,600||4-8 weeks|
|LA to Bogotá||$4,100- $6,900||$7,700- $12,700||4-8 weeks|
|Portland to Medellín||$4,400- $7,200||$8,100- $13,300||4-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Barranquilla||$4,500- $7,400||$8,300- $13,700||4-8 weeks|
|Columbus to Bogotá||$4,500- $7,600||$8,300- $13,700||4-7 weeks|
|Memphis to Bogotá||$4,500- $7,600||$8,300- $13,700||4-7 weeks|
|Denver to Bogotá||$6,100- $10,200||$11,300- $18,400||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Duties charged for importation of household items
Though some countries waive import duty for used household belongings – Colombia isn’t among them. When bringing your items into the country, you’ll pay the standard duty rate of 20%. A value-added tax (VAT) of 16% is also assessed, and storage fees while your shipment awaits processing are also charged.
Regulations enforced on household items
Importing your household goods is only permitted, if your primary residence has been abroad for a minimum of the last 2 years. You’re also restricted to a single shipment from your origin country. Customs also enforces a time limit, which is 120 days after or 30 days before you enter the country (1).
Paperwork needed for household items
The documentation requirements for importation are rather extensive, starting with your passport (or a notarized copy of all the pages). You also must provide Form 530 (Declaracion de Viajeros O De Equipajes No Acompanados), which you’ll fill out during your entry into Colombia. Be sure to get it stamped by customs the day you arrive – as failure to do so can cause problems when clearing your shipment.
You’ll also need a typed packing list and you shouldn’t include the monetary values of your goods on this document. It should, however, list the make, model and serial number of all electronic goods. Finally, a Work Visa good for a minimum of one year, must be turned over to customs (2).
Duties charged for importation of vehicles
Colombia only permits the import of new vehicles by foreigners (except for diplomats). This means the vehicle must have been manufactured in the year of import, and have no miles on the odometer. You’ll pay import duty ranging from 15% to 85%, and the exact rate will depend upon your specific vehicle (3).
Paperwork needed for vehicles
In order to bring your vehicle into the country, you’ll need a verified Import Permit. The purchase invoice or receipt for the vehicle is also necessary documentation. Customs will also request your Bill of Lading, and the vehicle’s title and registration from the origin country (4).
Colombian customs has more paperwork requirements and many additional regulations apply, to both your vehicle and household belongings. It’s imperative that you speak to customs and an experienced international moving company like A1 Auto Transport – so you don’t overlook any necessary arrangements before relocating.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
As earlier mentioned, a lot of tasks are undertaken when making an international move. Relocation may be too much for someone who is not experienced with all that is required. The following are tips on how to make your international move easier:
- Research on the best international moving company that will be able to deliver the service you seek. It is also advisable to be familiar with custom rules that govern your destination country; the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website has helpful resources.
- Ensure your goods are contained in proper packaging that will keep them well protected.
- Know which documents are required and prepare them well.
- Establish a good relationship with the shipping company to ensure that the move will be smooth. Clear communication will enable them take action on your requests.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
When making a move to a new country, you will require someone who is familiar with the rules that govern the country. It is also better to have a stress-free move and leave the packing and unpacking to a trusted and qualified team. You will be making a big move and may risk forgetting details- big and small.
By hiring Colombia International Moving Services from a professional moving company, you are guaranteed of a move that has all the details being looked into or acted upon by an experienced team.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
There are a good number of international moving companies around but you need to find the best. To do this, consider your top priorities while making the move. You do want a company that is forthright, experienced, and licensed to ship internationally. In this case, you want a company that is licensed to provide Colombia International Moving Services.
The things you have to look into include the company certifications and credentials from organizations such as BBB Certification and the America Moving and Storage Association. You can also get an estimate of their costs by requesting for quotes. For convenience, consider if the company has offices or a warehouse at your destination country. Find out if the company has insurance and if they cover third parties.
Our Colombia international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: Leave this work to us and you will just move from one home or office to another without a hitch.
- Commercial moving: Relocating big or small businesses is our business.
- Office moves: We know it is essential that you open your office in time and we will get your inventory to your new office in good time and in good condition.
- Apartment moves: Moving to a new home in Colombia is stress-free, when you settle on us as your moving partner of choice.
- Planning and preparation: It is a big move so you have to be well prepared and we are here to help you factor in all the details
- Visa and immigration services: We are experienced and will guide you on all details related to your move
- Housing assistance: With us, moving from one house to another is no big feat.
- Family services: We offer tailor-made services to match the needs of your family.
- Auto transport services: Your new or antique automobile will be in safe hands with us.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We at A-1 Auto Transport are set to meet and exceed your expectations. We have experience in shipping globally and are more than willing to offer you with the much needed guidance. International moving should not overwhelm you or break your bank. That is why we offer you with the most competitive pricing and top notch Colombia International Moving Services. Reliability and professionalism is a guarantee when you choose us.
Get in Touch!
We would love to hear from you! Please fill out the form at the top of the page. You can also give us a call on 888-509-3213. Our very able team is available 24/7 and is ready to answer any question you may have. You can also drop a message here and we will get back to you.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Colombia” page.