China International Moving Services
Change is constant and at times calls for some tough actions to be taken. In some situations, change may cause an individual or a business to move to different countries, along with their valuables. Such a move may be referred to as international moving or relocation. International moving is often a long and complex process which may overwhelm you if you are doing it alone. It is therefore recommended that you seek international moving services so as to have a hassle-free move.
Moving to China Cost & Time Examples
|LA to Shanghai||$4,100 - $5,600||$7,700 - $10,400||4-6 weeks|
|San Jose to Shanghai||$4,200 - $5,800||$7,800 - $10,500||4-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Beijing||$4,900 - $6,700||$9,000 - $12,000||4-6 weeks|
|Houston to Shanghai||$4,900 - $6,700||$9,100 - $12,300||5-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Shanghai||$5,000 - $6,800||$9,100 - $12,300||4-6 weeks|
|Charlotte to Shanghai||$5,300 - $7,200||$9,900 - $13,300||5-8 weeks|
|Atlanta to Tianjin||$5,400 - $7,300||$10,000 - $13,400||5-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Tianjin||$5,900 - $7,900||$10,900 - $14,600||5-8 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Beijing||$6,000 - $8,200||$11,100 - $15,000||5-8 weeks|
|Denver to Beijing||$6,500 - $8,800||$11,900 - $16,000||4-6 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Import duties when relocating to China
To receive import duty exemption, you’ll need to have a valid Work and Residence Permit which cover more than one year. Keep in mind that even if your shipment of household goods is granted exemption - certain items will still be charged duty. The list includes large electronic items like washing machines, computers, tv’s, stereo systems and refrigerators. Furniture also has duty levied upon it (1).
While the reputable sources consulted don’t specify the duty rate, shipments via air are usually charged 30% more than shipments over the water. Also, you can only receive duty exemption on a single shipment of each type (one air and one ocean) (2).
Documents required when relocating to China
During customs clearance, you must provide a baggage declaration form and your Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. Your passport and a Residence Permit good for a minimum of one year is also needed. A valid Work Permit is also required, and this too must cover the space of one year or more. A detailed inventory that’s been written in either Chinese or English also must be provided. This inventory should list any electronic goods separately and an additional list of all the alcohol in your shipment is also required (3).
Import duties for your vehicle
You must be employed by a joint venture or a business that’s fully owned by foreign interests, in order to import a vehicle. The vehicle must adhere to Euro IV technical standards and thorough mechanical and emission examinations are required. Though a duty rate isn’t listed, sources advise that importation of a vehicle into China isn’t recommended (4).
Documents required for your vehicle
Customs will ask for your Import Permit, along with the vehicle’s title and registration. A purchase invoice is also required. A log book that lists the engine and chassis numbers, VIN number and provides a full vehicle description must be shown as well (5).
This summary is far from comprehensive, and many other documentation guidelines, fee requirements and regulations are applicable. When shipping either your household goods or vehicle to China, it is essential that you talk with customs before moving forward.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
The following are some of the tips that may help you to make your international move easier:
- Research on movers that are licensed to provide China International Moving Services.
- Properly package and label your products so as to ensure ease of handling, storage and movement.
- Familiarize yourself with the laws governing importing cars from the US to China and migrating to China. You can get information online from the Embassy of the People’s Republic of China and useful sites such as that of the US Department of Transportation (USDOT).
- Prepare your documents well and way in advance so as to have an easier time at the processing stage.
- Liaise with the moving company and maintain good communication with them. By doing this, the information will be passed clearly and the required action to be taken executed in good time.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocation may be a daunting task, especially if you are taking up this task alone. There are many items to be moved and many documents to be prepared. You can miss out on handling a single task that may disrupt the entire process. It is best to seek moving services from a professional firm so as to enjoy a hassle-free move. You get to enjoy China International Moving Services such as packing and unpacking, storage and transportation of your goods and document processing. You will then be able to focus on other essential tasks related to your move and have peace of mind knowing that the moving company will handle your move, from start to finish.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
Here are some questions that you need to pose when searching for the best international moving company:
- Does the company offer timely transportation of household goods, automobiles and other good?
- Does the company have a professional support and delivery team?
- Is the company licensed to provide China International Moving Services and is it familiar with rules governing shipping to China?
- What is the company’s rank compared to other companies based on its performance and rating?
- Does the estimate cost of shipping match your budget?
- Does the company have an insurance cover and does it cater for properties belonging to third parties?
Our China international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: Leave the task of packing and unpacking your goods to us.
- Commercial moving: We help big and small businesses move to China.
- Office moves: We get your inventory to your new office in good time and in good condition.
- Apartment moves: With us, you can be sure moving to your new apartment in China will be stress-free!
- Planning and preparation: Moving to China is a big move that needs you to be well prepared and your plans well laid-out; we help you achieve this.
- Visa and immigration services: In case you are not entirely familiar on how to apply for your visa, we will guide you through this.
- Housing assistance: We offer exemplary but affordable housing assistance.
- Family services: We cater to each family’s unique needs and make the move just what you and your family expect.
- Auto transport services: We offer you exemplary services to ship your car to China all reasonably priced.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We know you want to enjoy your relocation and not have to worry about each and every single detail. We have an experienced, reliable and forthright team which is able to not only deliver your goods but also quality services. We also get back to you in real time, making the move less anxious for you. We at A-1 Auto Transport offer you competitive shipping rates and a guarantee that your valuables are in safe hands.
Move with us!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. Do not hesitate to give us a call on 888-509-3213 or write to us using the contact details provided here. Make the right move! Move with us!
Found on Cimovercom “China customs information for inbound household goods shipments” page.
Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into China” page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.