- Central African Republic International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost to Move to the Central African Republic?
- The Distance to the Destination
- Moving to Central African Republic Cost & Time Examples
- Duties when importing your belongings
- Additional charges when importing your belongings
- Paperwork when importing your belongings
- Duties when importing your vehicle
- Paperwork when importing your vehicle
- Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
- How to find the best international moving company
- Our Central African Republic International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Talk to us!
Central African Republic International Moving Services
Despite being landlocked and covering only 240,000 square miles of land, the Central African Republic is rich in precious minerals like gold and diamond. It also has oil and uranium deposits, making it an important mining hub.
The political challenges experienced in this region in the past have made it quite tricky for foreigners to move here. As a result, it’s very important that if you have to move here, you get the help of a moving company that knows and understands the region. This is where A-1 Auto Transport comes in.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to the Central African Republic?
The cost of moving internationally to the Central African Republic can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on a variety of factors such as the size of move, total distance, route, transportation method, and current market trends.
The Central African Republic is a landlocked country in central Africa. If you are considering moving from the United States to the Central African Republic,then know that the moving cost will vary greatly. Moving a 2-bedroom home, for example, can cost between $4,700 and $9,300.
You might be wondering how the final bill for moving your things is calculated. Well, the distance to the destination and the storage costs are part of the factors considered by the shipping company.
The Distance to the Destination
This is one of the first things an international moving company considers when calculating your bill. The basic rule is that the farther the distance, the higher the moving cost.
For example, the Central African Republic is 7362 miles away from the United States. This distance will be part of the reason why shipping to the African country will be more expensive than moving to Mexico, which is 1900 miles away.
The distance between the seaport and your precise destination has to be considered when calculating your moving costs.
Your need for storage services before, during, or at the end of the trip will affect the moving costs.
Clients who are moving long distances usually need storage for their things. It can be because you will arrive later than your things, or because you haven’t found a suitable home to stay in yet. Either way, if you need storage services, you will pay more.
Storage costs start at about $100 per month for a small home of 1-2 bedrooms. The cost can run into thousands of dollars depending on the storage facility and the size of your home.
Moving to Central African Republic Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Bangui
|Jacksonville to Bimbo
|Seattle to Bimbo
|Los Angeles to Bangui
|Charlotte to Bangui
|Dallas to Bangui
|Portland to Bangui
|Memphis to Bangui
|Columbus to Bangui
|Las Vegas to Bimbo
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties when importing your belongings
You can bring your items into the country without paying duty, as long as you’ve owned and used them for at least the last six months. You also must have lived outside the Central African Republic for a minimum of the last 12 months.
If you do receive duty exemption on your shipment, then you’re not allowed to sell, let others borrow or get rid of these goods while in the country. You also have to turn in all paperwork 2 weeks before importing your items. Finally, you’ll need to have a Certificate of Free Entry from the head customs office, if you want import duty to be waived on your shipment (1).
Additional charges when importing your belongings
It appears that even for duty-exempt shipments, you’ll still be required to pay a 1% import tax. Also, you should be aware, that certain items are not eligible for exemption, including computers, alcohol, tobacco and new appliances. See here for the specific duty rates you’ll be charged on these items (2).
Paperwork when importing your belongings
Customs will need to see a packing list, as well as a separate inventory that includes values. This inventory should be written in French, and bear your signature and the date. If your shipment contains any electrical goods that are newer than 6 months - you’ll need to include invoices or receipts for these items. Your Residence Permit, Work Permit or a valid Employment Letter are also required.
You must also include your passport, Personal Identification Number and cargo tracking note (CTN). A Non-Sale Certificate is also needed, and this states that you won’t sell your belongings inside the country. Finally, your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill should be provided (3).
Duties when importing your vehicle
Unfortunately, duty exemption for vehicles imported on a permanent basis isn’t available. You can, however, receive duty exemption for temporary vehicle imports. Keep in mind that if you import a luxury vehicle, then a separate duty of 77.5% will apply (4).
Paperwork when importing your vehicle
Before your vehicle can enter the country, you’ll need to submit some paperwork to customs. They’ll request your Social Security card, driver’s license and the vehicle’s title. An Insurance Certificate verifying coverage is in place, is also required documentation. Finally, if you’re using a third-party or moving company (like A1 Auto Transport) to deliver the vehicle after it’s processed - then you must file a Power of Attorney (5).
The above lists are not comprehensive, and other paperwork and regulatory requirements apply to your shipments. Get in touch with customs for a more complete picture - to ensure you don’t overlook any necessary steps in the process.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Whether you are moving temporarily for a few months or on a more permanent basis, international moves are never easy. Here are some things that you can do to make your work easier:
- Find out if your electronics and appliances will work in the Central African Republic. Instead of carrying your television and end up having to buy adapters and converters to make it work, you are better off selling it and buying one that works in the new region.
- Start the immigration process early. It is usually full of formalities that could result in delays as you wait to be cleared.
- Review important information for foreigners moving to the Central African Republic.
- Choose a moving company that meets your needs and your budget and find out how their process works.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Moving to a new home often brings with it some challenges, but moving abroad is a totally different animal. This is because in addition to the usual difficulties, you will also need to deal with customs, immigration, new electrical signals, new TV signals and sometimes you’ll even have to learn a new language.
Although hiring a professional moving company won’t make all the trouble go away, it will certainly make it more bearable. Here are a few reasons why you should hire one:
- Professional moving companies have been there before and done what you are trying to do now so they know how to avoid common mistakes.
- When problems occur, you can leverage the relationships that the company has built with local authorities.
- You’ll have access to safe storage facilities for your belongings before you arrive.
- The professional moving company will have specialized equipment for moving and loading your appliances on the trucks so nothing will get damaged.
How to find the best international moving company
There are many moving companies that offer Central African Republic International Moving Services. Here’s how you identify the best company for your move:
- Get recommendations from friends who have moved before. If you can’t find someone in your circles, read reviews from websites like Yelp.
- Check if they are licensed to operate a moving company in your area and don’t forget to check if they are insured.
- Get a quote for the move and compare the services offered with the prices charged.
Our Central African Republic International Moving Services
The package we have offers:
- Packing/unpacking: Our staff will handle both packing and unpacking before and after the move.
- Commercial Moving: Whether you have a big or small business, we have an efficient moving service.
- Office moves: Our number one priority is to ensure that you get the best move with minimum downtime.
- Apartment moves: We try to make your new apartment in the Central African Republic feel as comfortable as the old one as possible.
- Planning and preparation: Our guides will ensure that you do not miss a detail while planning for the move.
- Visa and immigration services: Get expert advice on the immigration process.
- Family services: If you are moving with the whole family, we have services tailored to meet the needs of each family member.
- Auto transport services: Don’t leave your precious car behind. We will transport it safely to your new home.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Here’s why you should partner with A-1 Auto Transport for your Central African Republic International Moving Services:
- You get to work with experienced professionals who love their job.
- You will get to enjoy transparency throughout the relocation process.
- Your belongings are in safe hands and insured against any loss or damage should an accident occur.
Talk to us!
You can contact us by dialing 888-241-3110 or you can fill-out the form above. We will get back to you without delay.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into the Central African Republic” page.
(4) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into the Central African Republic” page.