Cape Verde International Moving Services
Owing to its strategic location in the Atlantic Ocean, Cape Verde is an important stop over for shipping routes. Whether you are moving here permanently or for a short stay, you need to make sure that you move with a company that you can trust.
A-1 Auto Transport has been in this industry for a very long time hence we can confidently assure you that you are in safe hands. Our Cape Verde International Moving Services are tailored to give you unparalleled peace of mind and convenience.
Moving to Cape Verde Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Mindelo||$3,200 - $5,300||$6,000 - $9,900||4-6 weeks|
|New York to Praia||$3,200 - $5,300||$6,000 - $9,900||4-6 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Praia||$3,200 - $5,400||$6,200 - $10,100||4-6 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Praia||$3,600 - $6,000||$6,900 - $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Praia||$3,600 - $6,000||$6,900 - $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Charlotte to Praia||$3,600 - $6,000||$6,700 - $11,000||4-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Mindelo||$3,700 - $6,200||$6,800 - $11,300||4-6 weeks|
|Portland to Praia||$3,900 - $6,400||$7,300 - $12,100||4-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Praia||$4,000 - $6,500||$7,300 - $12,100||4-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Praia||$4,100 - $6,900||$7,800 - $13,000||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Import duties for your household items
Though import duty relief is listed as being available for returning citizens - there’s no mention of expats or immigrants. Thus, whether duty exemption is available when relocating to Cape Verde isn’t clear - so contact customs to find out how your shipments will be handled (1).
Paperwork for your household items
Customs will need to see some documentation, before they’ll let your goods into the country. Your Residence Permit, passport and a full packing list must be included in your paperwork. You’ll also need two copies of either your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. An Entry Permit should be inside your passport, and you’ll need to show customs this as well (2).
Import duties for your vehicle
If you’ll be moving to Cape Verde in the near future, and are planning to ship your vehicle along for the ride - then you’re likely curious about import duties. If you are a technician, diplomat or cooperant - then duty-free importation of your personal vehicle is allowed. Otherwise, you’ll be required to pay the standard import taxes and duties. The precise rate is based upon the specifics of your vehicle - and you can contact your destination agent (or even customs) to learn more beforehand (3).
Paperwork for your vehicle
Before customs will clear your shipment, you’ll need to provide some paperwork. This includes your passport, Social Security card and a Power of Attorney. This last document gives your agent or shipping company (such as A1 Auto Transport), permission to help your shipment move through the clearance process. The title for the vehicle and proof of insurance coverage are also required. Finally, you’ll need to show customs a valid driver’s license (4).
It’s always prudent to speak both with customs and your destination agent, prior to shipping off your belongings to a faraway country. This ensures that you know all the applicable regulations and filing requirements - so you don’t miss any important steps along the way.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Even with a good moving company, international moves are not easy. Here are some tips to make your life easier during the moving process:
- Only ship the things you can’t do without and do not fill up your bags with things you can purchase in Cape Verde.
- Plan your move early so that you can have ample time to say goodbye to loved ones and to address any problems that might occur during the move.
- A move to a new country will require you to produce some documents. Apply for these documents early and make sure that you have them within reach.
- Read about all the entry requirements for moving to Cape Verde and check to ensure you are compliant with all of them.
- Pick a moving company and make sure that it offers Cape Verde International Moving Services.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Although they are possible, DIY moves are extremely difficult to pull off when you are moving to a new country. You will need to be conversant with all sorts of rules that sometimes are given to you in a different language. To be safe, you should work with a professional moving company. Here are reasons why you should take this approach:
- A professional moving company has managed moves to Cape Verde before and they know any pitfalls that you might find along the way.
- They have built relationships with local authorities over the years and are therefore best placed to address any problems that might arise.
- They have storage facilities to safely store your belongings before you arrive.
- They come with their own specialized equipment to ensure that your move to Cape Verde does not leave any of your appliances damaged.
How to find the best international moving company
When choosing a moving company to move you to Cape Verde, it is easy to find yourself confused and unable to pick a company to work with because of the wide range of options available online. Here are some pointers on how to identify a good one:
- Check their certifications and make sure that your cargo is insured against any loss or damage during the move.
- Visit Yelp and read some of the reviews left there by past customers. You’ll be able to gauge what to expect once you hire them.
- Get a quote to make sure that the prices they charge are reasonable for the services you will get.
Our Cape Verde International Moving Services
When you come to A-1 Auto Transport, here are the services that you will get:
- Packing/unpacking: We will pack and unpack before and after the move.
- Commercial Moving: Come to us for the most efficient business moving services.
- Office moves: Your office will be moved with minimum downtime.
- Apartment moves: You can trust us to get everything you need from your old apartment to your new apartment.
- Planning and preparation: Our guides will hold your hand from start to finish of this process.
- Visa and immigration services: We have experts in Cape Verde immigration requirements to advice you.
- Family services: You also get family friendly services to make sure that even the young ones are comfortable.
- Auto transport services: Your car will be transported safely to arrive at Cape Verde scratch free.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport is one of the leading moving companies that offer international moving services to Cape Verde. This is why we are the best:
- We have stood the test of time having been in this industry for decades.
- You will be kept in the loop every step of the way.
- You are fully insured against any loss or damage while your cargo is in our hands.
- We are licensed to offer Cape Verde International Moving Services.
Talk to us!
Fill the form at the top of this page or call us on 888-509-3213 and let us help you get moving!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.