Cambodia International Moving Services
Changes in the industry or in a company may cause a business to shift base to a different country. An individual may also decide to relocate to a different country for various reasons. Such circumstances call for international moving. This may be a long process which includes details, big and small, which are of equal importance. To make this process hassle-free, it is advisable to seek international moving services from a moving company.
Moving to Cambodia Cost & Time Examples
|San Jose to Nom Pen||$4,700- $6,400||$8,700- $11,800||5-7 weeks|
|Seattle to Takeo||$4,700- $6,400||$8,800- $11,900||5-7 weeks|
|Portland to Nom Pen||$4,900- $6,700||$9,100- $12,300||5-7 weeks|
|Miami to Nom Pen||$5,000- $6,800||$9,300- $12,600||6-8 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Takeo||$5,100- $7,000||$9,600- $12,900||6-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Nom Pen||$5,300- $7,200||$9,700- $13,100||5-7 weeks|
|Detroit to Nom Pen||$5,400- $7,400||$10,100- $13,700||6-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Nom Pen||$5,500- $7,600||$10,200- $13,800||6-8 weeks|
|Columbus to Takeo||$5,900- $8,100||$11,000- $14,900||6-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Takeo||$6,100- $8,300||$11,400- $15,400||6-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties when relocating to Cambodia
Though duty exemption is available, the qualifications for eligibility are quite narrow. You must be employed by an NGO or have diplomatic status - otherwise you’ll have to pay the standard import duty (1). Another source differs somewhat, stating that just working for a registered private company is sufficient, to obtain duty exemption on your shipment of household belongings. Since conflicting information is available - it’s best to talk with Cambodian customs directly.
If duty exemption is possible in your case, you still are required to apply for this status. Also, your belongings must be owned and used by you for a minimum of the last six months. If you’re not eligible for duty-free importation, then the standard rate is 35% (though this figure is apparently up for negotiation with customs) (2).
Documents when relocating to Cambodia
Customs will ask for your passport, Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill and a full packing list. This list should have the monetary value of each item - and a separate inventory is also required. You’ll also need a Letter of Employment from the company you’ll be working for within Cambodia. An additional Letter from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, is also necessary to confirm your employment status. If you’ll be applying for duty exemption, then your company will also need to write a letter asking for this on your behalf (3).
Duties on your vehicle when relocating
Unless you work for an NGO or have diplomatic status - you will again be subject to import duties when bringing your vehicle into Cambodia. The exact rate will depend upon certain factors, such as the year it was made, the engine volume and the vehicle type. Right-hand drive vehicles also cannot be imported (4).
Documents for your vehicle when relocating
You’ll need to give customs your Original Bill of Lading, passport and vehicle registration. Documents showing that you own the vehicle are also required, along with your purchase receipt or invoice (5). Letters from both the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs must also be shown (6).
This treatment of the paperwork, regulations and duties required when moving to Cambodia isn’t comprehensive in scope. In order to learn all of the information you’ll need when relocating, it’s important that you contact Cambodian customs directly.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Relocation can be made easier by applying the following tips:
- Hire the services of an experienced, forthright and reliable moving company.
- Establish a good working relationship with the moving company. Avail the required information related to your move and pay your bill on time.
- Know the required documents and prepare them in advance so as to ease processing.
- Package your goods well. Box or crate them so as to enable ease of handling.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Moving to Cambodia may be overwhelming for you to handle alone. So as to have a smooth move, you may find it necessary to hire the services of a mover that provides Cambodia International Moving Services. A moving company that is familiar with the rules governing importing and migrating to Cambodia will be able to guide you accordingly. You will be able to make a confident and well-informed move by having a trusted guide. You will also have an easier time since they will take up the work of attending to all details related to your move.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
There are a good number of movers offering relocation services. However, you simply need to find the best international moving company that will help you relocate or ship your valuables in the safest way possible. The following factors can help you narrow your search:
- Does the mover meet the legal requirements to provide Cambodia International Moving Services?
- Is the company well-versed with all matters related to shipping to Cambodia?
- What is the company’s ratings and performance?
- Does the moving company’s insurance cover third parties?
- Do you stand to gain benefits from the company’s services that match the estimated shipping cost?
Our Cambodia International Moving Services offers:
- Packing/unpacking: We go the extra mile to make your move stress-free.
- Commercial moving: Our business is to see to it that you set-up shop in Cambodia.
- Office moves: We help you get back to business at your new location soonest possible.
- Apartment moves: Move to your new home at Cambodia in an effortless way with us.
- Planning and preparation: We know that you want your relocation to be as smooth as can be and that is why we offer you all the support you need as you plan and prepare for the big move.
- Visa and immigration services: You need not get stuck yet we are here to help you get moving. It is an easy process and you can apply for the e-visa.
- Housing assistance: We offer you with the best housing assistance services.
- Family services: We cater to families’ unique needs and provide custom-made family services.
- Auto transport services: Ship your automobile in the most reliable and secure way available.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
If you are still stuck and asking yourself why you should move with us, here are some things about us that may convince you that you have made the right choice:
- We are an experienced mover with good knowledge of the industry and emerging trends.
- We have a professional team that is dedicated to offer you with great delivery service and support, from start to finish.
- We have served many clients and they have been satisfied with our services. In fact, 97% of them have rated us highly and also refer us to new clients seeking moving services.
- We offer affordable services to cater for your relocation needs. You can get an estimate of the shipping cost by getting a quote from us.
Get in touch, get moving!
We encourage you to fill the form at the top of the page. If you need any clarification on our Cambodia International Moving Services, do not hesitate to contact us. Give us a call on 888-509-3213 and our very able team will attend to you. You can also get in touch using the contact details included here. Get in touch soon and get moving even sooner!
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Cambodia” page.
Found on Moverscom “Customs Regulations - Cambodia” page.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Cambodia” page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.