Burundi International Moving Services
International moving is where you ship your goods from one country to another. Individuals or businesses may need to relocate and while it may be possible to do this individually, it may prove to be overwhelming. International moving services are availed by professional moving companies in order to make the relocation process hassle-free for their clients. Such companies will assist you in shipping your car to Burundi as well as any other valuables.
Moving to Burundi Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Muyinga||$4,700- $7,900||$8,800- $14,600||4-8 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Muyinga||$5,100- $8,500||$9,300- $15,400||4-8 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Muyinga||$5,100- $8,600||$9,600- $15,900||5-9 weeks|
|Seattle to Bujumbura||$5,300- $8,800||$9,900- $16,100||5-9 weeks|
|Portland to Muyinga||$5,400- $9,000||$10,100- $16,500||5-9 weeks|
|Dallas to Bujumbura||$5,400- $9,000||$10,000- $16,400||4-8 weeks|
|Columbus to Muyinga||$5,600- $9,200||$10,200- $16,800||4-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Bujumbura||$5,800- $9,500||$10,500- $17,200||4-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Bujumbura||$6,000- $10,000||$11,100- $18,300||5-9 weeks|
|Denver to Bujumbura||$7,300- $12,200||$13,400- $22,000||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties when importing your household items
Your shipment of used household belongings, will incur an import duty of 7% (charged on the CIF value). The rate for personal effects climbs to 25% - and any new household items are charged import duty of 40% (1). An additional transactional tax of 17% and handling fee of 4% may apply - or these may be rolled into the rates listed above. Speak with customs to clarify this issue and to determine how much your particular shipment will be charged (2).
Sources do mention the possibility of duty exemption, but this only seems to be available for diplomatic shipments (3). However, it may be possible to receive this preferential treatment - so again you should consult customs to learn more.
Paperwork when importing your household items
When shipping your goods to Burundi, you’ll need to have your passport, packing list and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. Receipts for any appliances and electrical goods in your shipment are also required, and you can attach these to your comprehensive inventory.
This inventory should include monetary values, be written in French or English - and bear your signature and the date. A valid Letter of Employment and your invoice for freight charges (or Original Bill of Lading that has these listed) are also mandatory documentation (4).
Duties when importing your vehicle
You should expect to pay duties, when bringing your vehicle into Burundi. The precise rate isn’t clear, however - though you’ll again be charged a 4% handling fee and a 17% transactional tax. This appears to be on top of any duties which are assessed on your vehicle.
If the category of tourism vehicle is applicable to expats moving into the country - then the rate you’ll be charged ranges from 40 - 100% of the CIF value (5). With such uncertainty regarding this question, it’s best to simply speak with customs directly.
Paperwork when importing your vehicle
Customs will ask to see the title and registration for your vehicle, which were issued in your origin country. Take note that the title must list the engine volume, make, model, engine and chassis numbers and the year the vehicle was built. The Bill of Sale or purchase invoice is also required, along with your passport. Your Original Bill of Lading and any other shipping-related forms should also be given to customs (6).
It’s always smart to check with customs before moving, as other paperwork and regulations may apply for your shipments.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Moving overseas is often perceived to be such a hassle but it can be stress-free, especially when you choose a moving company that does its job well. Overall, preparation is important. So as to have a great experience and easy time relocating, you need to prepare your goods in a manner that will allow for easy packing and unpacking.
You also need to prepare your documents so as to enable easy processing. Liaise with the moving company and let them know the necessary details. Communicate your expectations too so as to enable them to deliver the service in a manner that will meet or exceed your expectations.
Research on all that is required to ship or migrate to Burundi and also make good use of the resources available from the Embassy of Burundi and the US Department of Transportation (USDOT).
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
When doing something that you are not entirely familiar with, it is best to seek the services of qualified professionals. The same case applies when relocating to Burundi. Hiring a professional moving company enables you to have a stress-free relocation since they will be able to provide security for your belongings and enable you to make guided steps, from start to finish.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
Online searches usually come up with a number of results of the available international moving companies, with almost all of them stating that they are the best in the industry. How do you narrow this search? Consider the following factors:
- Does the company possess the required certifications and licenses to provide Burundi International Moving Services?
- What are their ratings and reviews from their past clients?
- Are they familiar with the rules related to shipping to your new destination?
- Are they insured?
- Does the estimated cost match the expected benefits and your budget?
Our Burundi international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We assist you in making the move stress-free.
- Commercial moving: If your business is relocating to Burundi, it is our business to help you move in and start out well.
- Office moves: We ship your goods as quickly as possible and help you move in to your new office, saving you time and helping you to start making more money as soon as possible.
- Apartment moves: We assist you in moving to your new home.
- Planning and preparation: We value your time and this is why we help you to plan and prepare for an easy move.
- Visa and immigration service: We are well acquainted with the Burundi travel information and will guide you accordingly.
- Housing assistance: We offer you with great housing assistance services.
- Family services: Every family experience should be memorable, including a big move. We help you and your family to relocate in a hassle-free and enjoyable manner.
- Auto transport services: We do our best to help you ship your car to Burundi in a stress-free manner.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Are you seeking for reliable yet affordable Burundi International Moving Services? This is why you should choose us: We are one of the big, experienced players in the auto shipping industry. Our professional team works hard to deliver your goods as well as the service you deserve. Moreover, the price which we charge for our services is one that you will love! We are also strategically located and have storage facilities and offices in major cities in the US and overseas. To get an estimate, use our rate calculator or request for a quote from us. We will send a quote to you for free and without any obligations.
Go ahead and fill-out the form at the top of the page. In case you need further clarification on our Burundi International Moving Services, do not hesitate to get in touch. We will let you know everything that you require and answer any questions you may have. Give us a call on 888-509-3213 or get in touch using the contact details provided here.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Burundi” page.
Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Burundi” page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇧🇮 Burundi, (BI)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇧🇮 Burundi, (BI)
Motorcycle International Destinations
🇧🇮 Burundi, (BI)
🇧🇮 Burundi, (BI)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- 3 Tips For Moving Back To SchoolAcclimating After Moving To Another CountyAdams State University Moving ServicesAfter The Move: Painting Your HomeAlabama Agricultural and Mechanical University Moving ServicesAlabama State University Moving ServicesAlbany State University Moving ServicesAlcorn State University Moving ServicesAppalachian State University Moving ServicesApproximate Moving Cost CalculatorArizona State University Downtown Phoenix Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Polytechnic Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University Tempe Campus Moving ServicesArizona State University West Campus Moving ServicesArkansas State University Moving ServicesArkansas Tech University (ATU) Moving ServicesArmstrong State University Moving ServicesAthens State University Moving ServicesAuburn University at Montgomery Moving ServicesAuburn University Moving ServicesAugusta University Moving ServicesBall State University Moving ServicesBari, ItalyBemidji State University Moving ServicesBest Questions To Ask Local Movers
- Moving To AfghanistanMoving To AlbaniaMoving To AlgeriaMoving To AndorraMoving To AngolaMoving To Antigua and BarbudaMoving To ArgentinaMoving To ArmeniaMoving To AustraliaMoving To AustriaMoving To AzerbaijanMoving To BahamasMoving To BahrainMoving To BangladeshMoving To BarbadosMoving To BelarusMoving To BelgiumMoving To BelizeMoving To BeninMoving To BhutanMoving To BoliviaMoving To Bosnia And HerzegovinaMoving To BotswanaMoving To BrazilMoving To Brunei
- 2019 - December2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September