- Bulgaria International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Bulgaria?
- Phone Costs
- Miscellaneous Costs
- Moving To Bulgaria Cost & Time Examples
- Does Bulgaria Charge Duties On Household Goods?
- Does Bulgaria Require Paperwork For Household Goods?
- Does Bulgaria Charge Duties On Vehicles?
- Does Bulgaria Require Paperwork For Vehicles?
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Make The Switch!
Bulgaria International Moving Services
Most people prefer to hire professional international movers to enable them have a stress-free relocation experience. Taking this step is a really smart move since international moving is not something you should attempt on your own. It will drain you physically, mentally and probably drain your bank account.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Bulgaria?
The cost of moving internationally to Bulgaria can range anywhere from $2,000 - $12,000 depending on a variety of factors such as the size of move, total distance, route, transportation method, and current market trends.
The volume of shipments to Bulgaria is estimated based on factors such as the size of the residence that must be emptied. For a two-bedroom house, moving from the United States to Bulgaria costs between $3900 and $8200.
Other factors must also be considered, in addition to the size of a house. Storage, phone service, and other costs must be considered.
You will need a new cell phone provider and probably a new phone when you relocate from one country to another. Make sure that your existing mobile phone has been unlocked and is ready for use outside the network of the network you purchased it from. You will need to buy a new phone if yours is not compatible.
If you don't want to relocate permanently, your belongings will need a place to stay until you return. In the absence of a climate-controlled, long-term storage facility, your items should be stored with a friend or relative.
Even if you are planning a permanent move, certain possessions will likely need to be temporarily stored. Your international moving firm may be able to recommend temporary storage services and help you find the lowest rates.
Moving to a new country will require you to furnish your home. Some appliances may not be usable abroad if you are moving abroad. If you move to another country, you may not find the right voltage or plugs.
You may also need a new wardrobe. Moving to a country with a different climate or a different season than where you live now is particularly important. Be aware of this when planning your move.
Moving to Bulgaria Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Sofia||$3,600 - $6,000||$6,700 - $10,900||3-6 weeks|
|New York to Plovdiv||$3,700 - $6,100||$6,900 - $11,400||3-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Sofia||$4,100 - $6,800||$7,400 - $12,300||3-6 weeks|
|San Jose to Sofia||$4,200 - $7,000||$7,900 - $13,200||5-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Sofia||$4,400 - $7,200||$7,900 - $13,200||3-6 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Sofia||$4,500 - $7,600||$8,300 - $13,700||3-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Plovdiv||$4,700 - $7,800||$8,600 - $14,100||3-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Sofia||$4,700 - $7,900||$8,800 - $14,600||5-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Sofia||$5,000 - $8,200||$9,200 - $15,100||5-8 weeks|
|Denver to Plovdiv||$6,400 - $10,600||$11,800 - $19,200||5-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Does Bulgaria charge duties on household goods?
As long as you’re importing household items that are at least six months old and fulfill the paperwork requirements - you won’t be charged duty. You’ll need to bring these goods into Bulgaria, no later than 3 months after moving to the country. A Bank Guarantee (or Customs Guarantee) also applies, if you haven’t been issued a Residence Permit and are clearing your goods through the capital city of Sofia. Upon successfully establishing your residency in the country, this money will be refunded to you (1).
Does Bulgaria require paperwork for household goods?
You’ll need to give customs your passport and Residence Permit, as well as a full packing list. A separate list of all the electronic goods in your shipment should be provided, and it should list the model and serial numbers of each item. To prove your residency in the country, you’ll need your lease contract (which should run a year or more). A declaration of value and Letter of Employment good for at least one year are also required (2).
Does Bulgaria charge duties on vehicles?
Bulgarian customs seems to handle vehicle importation differently than many other countries - with one source only mentioning temporary importation for foreigners. To proceed, you’ll need to deposit a Bank Guarantee. This is usually intended to cover the full import duties which would fall due, should you fail to export the vehicle out of Bulgaria when your permission expires. Your temporary import permission must be renewed, each year that you keep the vehicle in Bulgaria (3).
Other sources disagree, stating that you can import a vehicle on a permanent basis. In this case, vehicles coming from the EU will be free of any duty. Vehicles being imported from non-EU countries, will incur duty of 17% or higher. It seems that value-added tax (VAT) will be assessed on your vehicle as well, and there’s a possibility that excise taxes will also be levied (4).
Does Bulgaria require paperwork for vehicles?
You’ll need to have your vehicle’s registration (from the origin country), your visa and insurance that’s valid internationally. Documents showing that you’re the owner of the vehicle are also required. Finally, you’ll need to show customs your Bulgarian driver’s license (5).
The above discussion of shipments of household goods and vehicles isn’t comprehensive. Other documents and regulations will apply - so you should call Bulgarian customs, to get the complete list of requirements you’ll need to follow.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Start early: Moving abroad involves a lot of processes that must be attended to without delay. Some of these could include applying for your travel documents. You should start taking care of these as early as 90 days to the day of moving.
- sVisa, passport, and residency: In Bulgaria, like in many other European countries, you do not need a visa for the first 90 days. Nonetheless, you will need a valid US passport that you can apply for through the US Government. You can get more information about residency by visiting the Embassy of Bulgaria’s website.
- Find the right shipping company: To find a reputable moving company start by searching the internet. Also, ask for recommendations from friends and family members. As you do so, consider factors such as cost, customer reviews, and accreditations received by the companies. These will help you to make a more informed choice.
- Research: Search for information about the place to which you will be moving. Find out about the local cultures, languages, rules and regulations, among other information essential for your settling into your new home as soon as possible. You can also reach out to friends and family who either reside there or have been there before. Join groups on social media and engage with the members.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
We have established that international moving is a tiring, time-consuming and complex process. Besides, you can also damage or lose your belongings if you decide to do a self-move. But, if you hire a professional mover, the process will be easier and hassle-free for you.
Indeed, professional movers have the experience, as well as the right equipment. They will ensure that your belongings are handled with care and will arrive at your destination safely. They also execute the task in a fast and efficient way which save you time.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
Start by getting a list of Bulgaria International Moving Services on the internet. You can also ask for recommendations from friends and family members. Before choosing a company, kindly consider these factors:
- The standard rule is that all international movers should be licensed.
- Choose a company that has insurance that covers belongings in transit.
- Read customer reviews online. If a company has more negative than positive reviews, it is definitely not a good choice.
- Compare the estimates of at least two to three movers. Settle for the one offering you a good service package at an affordable rate.
- Find out if there is a company that offers packing services. This saves time.
Our international moving services
Our Bulgaria International Moving Services comes with the following:
- Packing/unpacking: We load and offload your belongings to and from our transport facilities.
- Corporate moves: We handle the moving of offices and businesses.
- Apartment moves: We will help you to switch between apartments.
- Planning and preparation: We offer you important insights regarding moving. This may include how to package your belongings ready for the day of moving.
- Visa and immigration services: We will assist you in applying for Bulgaria visa and immigration services.
- Housing assistance: We will help you to find suitable housing.
- Family services: We will also assist you in finding important family service providers such as schools and hospitals.
- Auto transport: We are an international vehicle shipping company.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Our decades’ long experience speaks for itself as does the fact that we have helped thousands of our clients to move and settle abroad. Many of our new clients say they heard about us from relatives and friends who had a great moving experience with us. This word-of-mouth advertising is testament to the quality of service we offer.
Make the switch!
Planning to relocate to Bulgaria? Kindly reach us by dialing our toll-free line 888-241-3110. Remember to fill-out the form at the top of this page to get free estimates of our international moving services.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Bulgaria” page.
(3) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Bulgaria” page.