Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Brazil
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Brazil International Moving Services
Despite the thrills that come with the thought of moving abroad, the reality is that it is a rather challenging process. You have to meet some rigorous requirements set by some immigration departments and get down to the business of sorting your items, packing and shipping them. It is an emotional taxing, time-consuming process.
Moving to Brazil Cost & Time Examples
|New York to RJ||$3,300- $5,500||$6,100- $10,200||4-6 weeks|
|Jacksonville to RJ||$3,600- $5,900||$6,700- $11,000||4-6 weeks|
|Los Angeles to RJ||$3,700- $6,100||$6,900- $11,400||4-8 weeks|
|Charlotte to Salvador||$3,700- $6,100||$6,900- $11,400||4-6 weeks|
|Seattle to São Paulo||$3,700- $6,300||$7,000- $11,700||4-8 weeks|
|Dallas to São Paulo||$3,800- $6,400||$7,200- $11,800||4-6 weeks|
|Portland to São Paulo||$4,000- $6,800||$7,600- $12,500||4-8 weeks|
|Columbus to Salvador||$4,100- $6,800||$7,600- $12,400||4-6 weeks|
|Memphis to São Paulo||$4,100- $6,900||$7,700- $12,700||4-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to RJ||$4,200- $6,900||$7,800- $12,900||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Import duties when moving to Brazil
Customs permits you to import your household goods without paying any duty – and even new items are eligible for duty exemption (1). This is a nice benefit of moving to Brazil, but you will need to follow certain guidelines in order to receive it. First, your shipment should be imported no later than 180 days after you enter the country (though 90 days is better). Second, you must list all new belongings on your inventory, in order to receive duty exemption for them (2).
Import paperwork when moving to Brazil
Among the documents you must provide when your shipment is clearing customs, is a notarized employment contract. You’ll also need either a temporary Work Visa or a permanent Residence Visa. As mentioned above, you must show a comprehensive inventory of all new items – and an inventory of used items is required as well. These forms should be written in Portuguese, and you also must submit your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. Two copies of your RNE (Registro Nacional de Estrangeiros) paperwork are also needed (3).
Duties when importing your vehicle into Brazil
Whether you have a temporary or permanent visa – you’re not permitted to import your vehicle for personal use. This benefit is reserved for diplomats or employees of international organizations like UNESCO (4).
Paperwork when importing your vehicle into Brazil
If it’s possible for your company to import a vehicle on your behalf, or if some other exception is found – you’ll still need some paperwork to proceed. This includes the purchase receipt or invoice for the vehicle and a REDA-E Form. A notarized Power of Attorney, Original Bill of Lading and your passport are also required. Documents showing that you own (or the company you work for owns) the vehicle and a notarized Brazilian tax card should also be provided (5).
This coverage of the duties and documents required when shipping your goods to Brazil isn’t all-encompassing. For this reason, it’s vital that you speak to Brazilian customs, before sending your goods from your country of origin.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Start early: Without a doubt, when there is so much to be done, ample time is required. In fact, you should start preparations about 90 days to the day of moving. This will help you avoid delays and attend to everything needed.
- Visa and passport: It is important to find out what type of visa you will require. For instance, if you are moving to Brazil for work purposes you will need a work visa. Kindly find more information on how to apply for a visa by visiting the Embassy of Brazil’s website. Also, ensure that you apply for a US passport through the US Government.
- Buying real estate and a car: Before moving abroad, most people think of acquiring assets such as a house and a car. It is however, advisable to take your time before making such acquisitions. Give yourself time to learn your new home, who the best suppliers are and any such information that will keep you from being ripped off. So, before you start looking for Brazil International Moving Services, talk to an expert about future acquisitions.
- Reach out to people: Moving to a new place might be a confusing experience so talk to friends and family who have either been there or live there. You could also join local social media groups and make new friends. Ensure that you get as much information as possible about your preferred location.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Professional movers come with the required expertise and equipment for the job. Indeed, they will ensure that your valuables are handled with care and see that these get to your new destination safely.
If you decide to do it alone, you will experience mental and physical strain. It will also consume a lot of your time and there is the risk of you losing or damaging your belongings.
How to find the best international moving company
When looking for Brazil International Moving Services, begin by searching the internet. Also, ask for recommendations from friends and family members. Next, get a list of a few companies and before you settle for one, kindly consider the following:
- Ensure that you choose a company that is licensed and has insurance that covers damage on valuables during transit.
- Read customer reviews on the respective companies’ websites. A company with more negative than positive reviews is, definitely, not a good choice.
- Compare different estimates and choose a company that is offering you a good service package at the most affordable rate.
- Settle for a company that has achieved high service standards by attaining accreditations.
Our Brazil international moving services
Our offer package has the following:
- Packing/unpacking: Leave the packing and unpacking of your valuables to us.
- Corporate moving: We will help you move your office or business.
- Apartment moves: We also handle international moving between rental apartments.
- Planning and preparation: We will offer you important information regarding international moving. This includes a checklist of the things you need to be done.
- Visa and immigration services: We also offer assistance in applying for Brazil visa and immigration services.
- Housing assistance: We will help you to find a suitable housing unit.
- Family services: We will also help you to find family services such as schools and hospitals.
- Auto transport: We also handle the international shipping of vehicles.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have helped thousands of people relocate abroad and have gained valuable hands-on experience while doing so. Our vast knowledge and resources are all you need when looking for expert information on international moving. We can therefore, confidently assure you that if you have any questions regarding moving abroad, we definitely have the answers.
Make the switch!
If you have plans to move to Brazil, kindly contact our experts on our toll-free number 888-509-3213. Also, to get free estimates of our services, don’t forget to fill-in the form at the top of this page.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Brazil” page.