Botswana International Moving Services
Changes are encountered both at a personal level and also by companies. The change may also include change of location, with the individual or company having to move to another country, along with their equipment, office inventory, or household goods. Doing a self-move is not recommended when moving overseas. For this reason, you can hire reliable international moving services.
Moving to Botswana Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Gaborone||$4,400- $7,300||$8,200- $13,500||4-7 weeks|
|Houston to Gaborone||$4,400- $7,400||$8,200- $13,500||4-7 weeks|
|Detroit to Gaborone||$4,800- $8,100||$9,000- $14,700||4-7 weeks|
|Seattle to Francistown||$4,900- $8,200||$9,200- $15,100||5-9 weeks|
|San Diego to Gaborone||$4,900- $8,300||$9,400- $15,400||5-9 weeks|
|Portland to Gaborone||$5,100- $8,300||$9,400- $15,500||5-9 weeks|
|Atlanta to Francistown||$5,100- $8,300||$9,400- $15,400||4-7 weeks|
|Chicago to Gaborone||$5,300- $9,000||$9,900- $16,300||4-7 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Gaborone||$5,300- $8,900||$9,900- $16,300||5-9 weeks|
|Denver to Gaborone||$6,900- $11,300||$12,600- $20,700||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Import duty for Botswana
When moving into the country, you’ll likely want to bring more than your vehicle. Importing your household goods would typically incur duties - but Botswana allows you to be exempted from these fees. In order to qualify, you must bring your goods in no later than six months after obtaining your Work Permit. Also, even if you’re granted duty exemption - it appears that value-added tax (VAT) of 10% will still be charged. However, this may only apply to certain items or new goods (1).
Import paperwork for Botswana
In order to process your shipment of household belongings, customs will need two copies of Form CE 101 and your passport. You’ll also need to submit a comprehensive inventory (with values included) and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. A Letter of Employment is also required, and it should state that you’ll be working for your company for more than two years. You also must show a Residence Permit, Permanent Work Permit or Long-Term Permit. Receipts for certain items is also mandatory (2).
Import duties for your vehicle
Botswana is kind enough to grant duty exemption, when importing your personal vehicle into the country. You must import it no later than six months after being issued your Work Permit, otherwise you’ll have to pay 10% VAT. Other stipulations also apply - including the requirement that you not sell, transfer or get rid of your vehicle for at least 2 years (3).
Import paperwork for your vehicle
You’ll need to turn in a completed Form CE101 (2 copies) and your passport, along with a purchase invoice or Bill of Sale. Either a Residence Permit or Import Permit are also required by customs. Application form IC.2 should also be submitted, and A1 Auto Transport can provide this. A valid registration from your origin country must be presented, which proves your ownership of the vehicle for a minimum of 12 months. Other required documentation includes a Certificate of Clearance issued by the police (4).
This list of paperwork and duty requirements isn’t comprehensive - so it’s important that you consult customs before shipping your items.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Start making preparations as soon as you know that you are going to relocate.
- Contact the Botswana Embassy in the US so that you may know the required paperwork and to familiarize yourself with the various regulations.
- Understand the country that you will be relocating to so as to grasp the culture, modes of transport and policies regarding the import of various items.
- Look for a reliable mover who offers BotswanaInternational Moving Services.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Botswana is located in Southern Africa. Although it is a landlocked country, it is possible to get shipping options that are affordable and reliable. The point of entry will be South Africa and from there, you can transport your belongings to Botswana. This process can be lengthy and even more costly for you to handle alone. For this reason, you will need the services of a professional mover who provides Botswana International Moving Services. This will make the move hassle-free for you and since the mover is experienced in shipping to Botswana, you can have peace of mind that your belongings are in safe hands and will reach safely.
How to find the best international moving company
The following are some factors that you should consider when searching for the best international mover:
- Experience: Is the company familiar with the regulations and do they have sufficient experience in providing Botswana International Moving Services?
- Reliability: Can the mover deliver the goods in the time stated and ensure that the goods are not harmed or that they do not lose their value while in their possession?
- Facilities: Does the moving company have the necessary facilities to store and handle your belongings in the proper way?
- Ratings: What is the company’s performance? What do previous clients or survey reports reveal about them?
- Compliance: Is the mover compliant with the shipping rules and does it possess the relevant certificates and licenses?
Our Botswana international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We have a team that is trained on how to pack efficiently and to handle your goods with care.
- Commercial moving: We help you to move your equipment with ease.
- Office moves: Your office inventory is in safe hands with us.
- Apartment moves: We help you to settle in your apartment in Botswana in a hassle-free way.
- Planning and preparation: We help you to plan and prepare for every single detail related to your move.
- Visa and immigration services: We take you through the steps of making the Botswana visa application successful.
- Housing assistance: We understand that due to some circumstances, you may need housing assistance. We are ready to offer you with reliable services.
- Family services: We make the move to Botswana an easy one for you and your family.
- Auto transport services: Botswana has a rugged terrain and having your car to move around will be of great benefit. Although it is a landlocked country, we are able to transport your vehicle to South Africa and should you want it delivered at a specific location, just name it and we shall bring it there.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
We offer international moving services to countries across the world, Botswana included, and that is why we go out of our way and not only deliver your goods, but cars and other personal effects as well. We also know that relocation can be a costly affair but you still need services that are within your budget and offer you with value for your money. You can get a quote from us- for free and without any attached obligations. Our experience, professional staff and excellent delivery services make us the best choice for many. You can check out the reviews from past clients to get an idea of what you should expect from us.
Move with us!
Kindly fill the form at the top of the page if you would like us to help you with your move to Botswana, Africa. We would like to hear from you. Simply dial us at 888-509-3213. Move with us and enjoy the most reliable and affordable services available.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - firstname.lastname@example.org