Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Bolivia
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Bolivia International Moving Services
While the thought of moving abroad can be very appealing and exciting, the actual process comes with its load of challenges. To begin with, it is mentally and physically straining and requires a lot of preparation. Then there are the many rules and regulations to be followed. Not forgetting the strict immigration regulations plus occasional delays with customs departments in some countries. It is no wonder people seek the services of a professional international moving company to handle not just the movement of their goods but to also ship their vehicle.
Duties when importing your goods into Bolivia
Bolivian customs makes it straightforward to bring your belongings into the country. If your shipment of goods is worth $35,000 USD or less (as determined by customs) – it will be exempted from any import duties.
Regulations when importing your goods into Bolivia
Before your shipment arrives at the point or port of entry into the country – all of your paperwork must already be submitted. Customs also requires that all wood packaging and any items made out of wood, be fumigated in accordance with ISPM-15 regulations (and this fact be clearly marked on the item) (1).
Paperwork when importing your goods into Bolivia
It’s likely no surprise that you’ll need to provide your passport to customs. They’ll also want to see proof of insurance coverage for your shipment, and a comprehensive inventory written in Spanish. Your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill must also be submitted (2).
Duties when importing your vehicle into Bolivia
Sadly, you won’t benefit from the same easy exemption, when shipping your vehicle into the country. Duty-free importation is reserved for diplomats only – and all others must pay the typical 55% duty (charged on the CIF value) (3). Another source has this rate at 51% – but either way, the added cost is significant.
Also, you should be aware that only vehicles made 3 years ago or less, can be imported. Right-hand drive vehicles are also prohibited (4).
Paperwork when importing your vehicle into Bolivia
Before your vehicle can be authorized to enter the country, you must provide the necessary paperwork. This includes a technical report regarding your vehicle, and proof that it’s insured. The purchase receipt or invoice is also required, along with a Certificate of Origin. A description of your vehicle and the registration from your origin country are also needed (5).
This is not a complete list of all the documentation and regulatory requirements for your household belongings and vehicle. Therefore, it’s best that you discuss the details with customs, before sending your shipments to Bolivia.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Research: Before you start searching for Bolivia International Moving Services, make sure you get as much information as possible about the place to which you are moving. You could search online about Bolivia’s rules and regulations, dialects, regions, cities, culture, among others.
- Reach out to people: You will have a stress-free transition if you talk to people. These include friends and family members who either live there or have been there. Also, you can join groups on social media and engage with their members.
- Visa and passport: Begin by finding out what type of visa you need. For instance, in Bolivia, you might be required to start with a multiple entry visa. For more information, kindly visit the Embassy of Bolivia’s website. Also be sure to make an application for a passport through the US Government.
- Working and doing business: After relocating, many people find out that it is not as easy as anticipated. Certainly, getting a new job overseas or setting up a business might be challenging. Do therefore, ensure that you have enough money or apply for a job prior to moving.
Also, consider keeping your business back home operational. Doing so might ensure you have an income to sustain you before you get a job or set up another income-generating activity.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Moving abroad, as we have found out, involves a lot of factors coming into play. Undeniably, the various tasks involved might be very daunting if handled by a single person. In fact, you will be at the risk of losing or damaging your valuables.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
However, if you hire a professional mover, then you will be leaving all the work to the experts. Because, they have the required equipment and trained personnel for the job, they will handle your belongings with care and will ensure that they get to your destination undamaged.
How to find the best international moving company
As you begin to look for Bolivia International Moving Services, you will get a list of many movers. To get the best company, start by searching the internet then seek recommendations from friends and family members. Once you get a list of a few companies, compare them considering the following:
- Determine if the mover is licensed and has insurance that covers damage of valuables on transit.
- Compare different rates and choose the mover that has a good package at an affordable rate.
- Read customer reviews on the companies’ websites. The more the positive reviews than negative ones, the better the company.
- Choose a mover that offers packing services. This helps to save time while moving.
Our Bolivia International Moving Services
Included in this package are the following:
- Packing/unpacking: This is no longer your headache while we are on-board. We will ensure everything is packed and ready to go and will also unpack once we get to your destination.
- Apartment moves: We will help you to move between rental apartments.
- Corporate moves: We handle the moving of offices and businesses ensuring you settle-in within the shortest time possible.
- Planning and preparation: We give helpful information regarding international moving. This includes a checklist of the things you need to do before the moving day.
- Visa and immigration: We will help you apply for Bolivia visa and immigration services.
- Housing and family services: We will help you find suitable housing and family services such as schools and hospitals.
- Auto transport: We also handle the international shipping of cars.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have been in operation for more than 30 years and during which time, thousands of people have benefited from our services. Whether you want to retire or just want to relocate abroad, we have you covered. We have the resources and knowledge to make sure you have all the information you need.
Make the switch!
Do talk to us by contacting our experts on our toll-free number 888-509-3213. Also, to get free estimates of our services, kindly fill-in the form at the top of this page.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Bolivia” page.