Bhutan International Moving Services
Changes and circumstances may cause businesses or individuals to relocate. With this constantly changing landscape, international moving has now become even more common as the world becomes an ever expanding global village. Professional moving companies which offer international moving services provide those making such moves a hassle-free experience. You can benefit from such services and ship your car to Bhutan or other goods with the much needed guidance.
Moving to Bhutan Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Thimphu||$5,600- $9,200||$10,300- $16,900||5-8 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Punakha||$5,700- $9,500||$10,500- $17,300||5-8 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Thimphu||$6,000- $10,000||$11,200- $18,400||6-10 weeks|
|Dallas to Thimphu||$6,100- $10,000||$11,200- $18,400||5-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Punakha||$6,100- $10,200||$11,300- $18,600||6-10 weeks|
|Portland to Thimphu||$6,300- $10,400||$11,600- $19,000||6-10 weeks|
|Columbus to Thimphu||$6,400- $10,500||$11,700- $19,100||5-8 weeks|
|Memphis to Thimphu||$6,400- $10,500||$11,700- $19,100||5-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Punakha||$6,900- $11,300||$12,600- $20,700||6-10 weeks|
|Denver to Thimphu||$8,100- $13,400||$14,800- $24,200||6-10 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties when moving to Bhutan
Customs only permits you to bring limited amounts into the country, when it comes to your household belongings. Though duty exemption is possible, it can be hard to qualify for this privilege. According to one trusted source, you’ll need to be employed by the U.N., an embassy or NGO to receive duty exemption.
Regulations when moving to Bhutan
You should expect your shipment to be examined by customs, as they have the legal authority to do so. You also must be at the point or port of entry in person, when customs agents are processing your goods. An Import License is also mandatory, if you’ll be bringing your belongings in through the Kolkata Port (1).
Paperwork when moving to Bhutan
Customs will ask to see a comprehensive inventory, and either your Resident Visa or Work Visa. You’ll also need to give them your Letter of Employment, and an Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. Your passport is also required, and you may need an Import Permit from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (2).
Duties for your vehicle
To receive duty exemption on your vehicle, the same requirements imposed on your household goods apply. You’ll need to be employed by an embassy, the United Nations or a non-governmental organization to be eligible (3).
If you don’t fall within these rigid categories, then duty will be assessed on your vehicle. It also appears that if you don’t meet these requirements, you’re only permitted to import a new vehicle (not used) (4). For more specific information regarding the import duties for your particular vehicle, speak to A1 Auto Transport or customs to learn more.
Paperwork for your vehicle
You’ll need to hand in the title and registration for your vehicle, which were issued in your origin country. A valid driver’s license and passport are also required, and an additional photo ID could be needed as well. Documents that show ownership of the vehicle and insurance coverage, must also be provided. You may need an Import License too, which you can obtain directly from the Royal Government of Bhutan (5).
More regulations and documents pertain to your shipment of household items and your vehicle. For this reason, you should speak with customs to get a better picture of all the requirements involved during your move.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Relocating to any country in the world, Bhutan included, is not an easy process. You can however, use the following tips to make your international move easier:
- Conduct research on all that relates to your move so that you may make well informed decisions. You may seek clarification from the Embassy of Bhutan and the US Department of Transportation (USDOT) website.
- Prepare, package and label your valuables properly. This makes them more secure and also makes it easier for the team that will be handling them.
- Prepare the required documents well in advance and be ready to present them as and when required for processing.
- Liaise with the moving company. Maintain a good working relationship so as to ensure that your move is executed easily.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Bhutan is a landlocked country and thus you will need an extra hand while making your move. Hiring Bhutan International Moving Services in this case will make the move far from complex for you. Since international movers are more familiar with the regulations related to shipping to your chosen destination, you will also be advised accordingly.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
The best moving company is one that will meet your needs and still charge shipping costs that match your budget. There are many adverts that create the impression that a shipping company is the best. How then can you determine beforehand that they are indeed the best?
You may consider their experience in offering Bhutan International Moving Services and the testimonials given by their previous clients. Looking at their performance and rating in the industry will also guide you to have an idea how they rank against the other moving companies.
Our Bhutan international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: No matter the size of your luggage, we can pack and unpack them for you, assuring you that they will get to you in good condition.
- Commercial moving: Setting up base at Bhutan? We will get you there in good time and see to it that you are ready to set-up shop as soon as possible.
- Office moves: Let us handle your office inventory as you focus on expanding your business.
- Apartment moves: We help you get settled into your new apartment soonest possible.
- Planning and preparation: We know the benefit that comes from being well prepared. We help you prepare your documents so that you may benefit from the existing exemption.
- Visa and immigration services: We offer the much needed guidance and support through your Bhutan visa application.
- Housing assistance: Moving from house-to-house need not break your back. Our team is dedicated to help you have a smooth move.
- Family services: From your home to your home away from home, we are here to help relocating families.
- Auto transport services: For ease of movement and due to the limited public transport, you will benefit from having your car or motorcycle with you. Although Bhutan is a landlocked country, we are still able to deliver your car there.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport is the go-to company when it comes to international moving. Our experience in this industry spans over 20 years. This assures you that you will be making your big move with one of the big players in the moving industry. We offer great delivery service as well as support. Our support team is there to respond to any of your questions at any given hour. We are also willing to send a quote to you on our Bhutan International Moving Services for free and without any obligations attached.
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. Also, do not hesitate to call us on 888-509-3213 and get started on your move. We have a professional support team that is ready to offer you advice and to answer any questions you may have. Alternatively, you may leave a message using the contact details included here. We look forward to hear or read from you!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
🇧🇹 Bhutan, (BT)
Our Services and Information
Car International Destinations
Car International FAQ
🇧🇹 Bhutan, (BT)
🇧🇹 Bhutan, (BT)
Motorcycle International Destinations
🇧🇹 Bhutan, (BT)
A-1 Auto Transport Worldwide Locations
We Strive to Serve Countries around the World.
- ATV FAQAuto ShowsAuto Transport BrokersAuto Transport CarriersBlogBoat FAQCar BrandsCar Classic FAQCar Domestic DestinationsCar Domestic FAQCar International DestinationsCar International FAQCar ModelsDomestic MovingDoor to Door FAQEnclosed FAQFreight InformationHeavy Equipment InformationInternational Moving FAQMilitary FAQMotorcycle BrandsMotorcycle Domestic DestinationsMotorcycle FAQMotorcycle International DestinationsMotorcycle International FAQMotorcycle US StatesMoving CompaniesMoving GuidePressRV FAQTowing FAQ
Moving To AfghanistanMoving To AlbaniaMoving To AlgeriaMoving To AndorraMoving To AngolaMoving To Antigua and BarbudaMoving To ArgentinaMoving To ArmeniaMoving To AustraliaMoving To AustriaMoving To AzerbaijanMoving To BahamasMoving To BahrainMoving To BangladeshMoving To BarbadosMoving To BelarusMoving To BelgiumMoving To BelizeMoving To BeninMoving To BhutanMoving To BoliviaMoving To Bosnia And HerzegovinaMoving To BotswanaMoving To BrazilMoving To Brunei
- Moving To AfghanistanMoving To AlbaniaMoving To AlgeriaMoving To AndorraMoving To AngolaMoving To Antigua and BarbudaMoving To ArgentinaMoving To ArmeniaMoving To AustraliaMoving To AustriaMoving To AzerbaijanMoving To BahamasMoving To BahrainMoving To BangladeshMoving To BarbadosMoving To BelarusMoving To BelgiumMoving To BelizeMoving To BeninMoving To BhutanMoving To BoliviaMoving To Bosnia And HerzegovinaMoving To BotswanaMoving To BrazilMoving To Brunei
- 2019 - October2019 - September2019 - August2019 - July2019 - April2019 - March2019 - February2019 - January2018 - December2018 - November2018 - October2018 - September2018 - August2018 - July2018 - June2018 - May2018 - April2018 - March2018 - February2018 - January2017 - December2017 - November2017 - October2017 - September2017 - August