Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Benin
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Benin International Moving Services
People move to different countries for various reasons such as career advancement, for travel or for studies. Companies may also shift their operations to a different country which will offer them with a better business environment. Such movements may involve shifting along with belongings or office inventory. Such activities are what international moving entails. To make it easier, it is better to hire companies offering international moving services.
Moving to Benin Cost & Time Examples
|Jacksonville to Cotonou||$3,500- $5,900||$6,500- $10,800||4-6 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Cotonou||$3,600- $6,100||$7,000- $11,600||4-8 weeks|
|Charlotte to Cotonou||$3,600- $6,100||$6,800- $11,200||4-6 weeks|
|San Jose to Cotonou||$3,800- $6,300||$7,000- $11,700||4-8 weeks|
|Columbus to Cotonou||$4,000- $6,600||$7,400- $12,400||4-6 weeks|
|Atlanta to Djougou||$4,000- $6,800||$7,600- $12,400||4-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Cotonou||$4,200- $7,000||$7,800- $12,900||4-6 weeks|
|Phoenix to Cotonou||$4,400- $7,400||$8,300- $13,700||4-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Djougou||$4,600- $7,600||$8,500- $14,100||4-8 weeks|
|Denver to Djougou||$6,100- $10,000||$11,200- $18,400||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Duties on your belongings
When shipping your household items to Benin, you may be wondering if you’ll pay import duty. As long as you’ve both owned and used these goods for a minimum of six months (and you can prove ownership of them), you’ll be exempted from the typical import duty (1). However, at least according to one reputable source, you’ll still have to pay a small 3.15% import tax – though this could be the regular duty that’s waived when you meet the requirements (2).
Due to the confusion, it’s best to contact customs for yourself, to learn what fees will be assessed on your shipment.
Paperwork for your belongings
It’s important that you prepare the required paperwork beforehand, so you’re prepared to clear your goods through customs. They’ll ask to see your passport, packing list and Certificate for Change of Residence. You’ll also need to submit a Bordereau de Suivi de Cargaisons (Cargo Tracking Note), along with your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. An inventory with monetary values included is also required – and this must be written in French and bear your signature and the date (3)
Duties for your vehicle
Though you will pay duty when importing a new vehicle, it appears that duty exemption may be possible for used ones. Reputable sources don’t specify the requirements to receive such exemption – so consult customs to find out how your particular vehicle will be treated.
If no exemption is possible in your case, then you’ll pay about 50% in duties (on the CIF value). The exact amount is based upon the engine size, year of manufacture and more (4).
Paperwork for your vehicle
Whether your vehicle is exempted from import duties or not, you’ll need to give customs the required paperwork. This includes the vehicle’s title and registration from your origin country. You’ll also need to show the Bill of Sale, Certificate of Origin and your freight invoice. A signed Non-Sale Certificate is also needed – which verifies that you won’t sell or transfer ownership of the vehicle after bringing it into Benin (5).
A great deal more regulations must be followed when importing your household goods and vehicle into the country. Additional documentation is also required, so it’s recommended that you contact customs for more detailed information.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Making an international move can be a complex and tedious task. The following are some tips, which when applied, will make your move easier:
- Research on all the paperwork required to make your relocation successful. If you are shipping a car, familiarize yourself with the motor vehicle regulations. The Benin Embassy and the US Customs Department are good sources of such information.
- Start preparing for your move way in advance so that you may attend to all the details properly and avoid the last minute rush.
- Search for a reputable company which will offer you with the best Benin International Moving Services.
- Have your documents ready and file them properly. This makes it easy when it comes to processing them.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
- The following are some benefits you may get when you hire a professional moving company to assist you in your relocation:
- The mover is experienced in shipping to Benin and will be able to guide you, from start to finish.
- You will save on time and money on activities that may prove to be more expensive or time-consuming of you were to do them alone. An example of such an activity is packing and unpacking.
- Professional movers offer insurance that covers their clients’ goods against the perils that may occur while they are in their possession.
- When moving overseas, you may want to store your belongings somewhere temporarily should you encounter delays arriving at the country or for any other reason. Hiring a professional mover has the advantage of getting you storage services. Although it may come at an additional cost, this will give you some much-needed peace of mind.
How to find the best international moving company
The best international moving company will have the following qualities:
- Sufficient experience in providing Benin International Moving.
- Possession of the industry-related credentials and certificates.
- Availability of insurance.
- Professional staff who are well-trained to handle clients’ requests.
- Possession of the required facilities and equipment to handle and store clients’ goods properly.
Our Morocco international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We take away the strains of moving from you.
- Commercial moving: We make it possible for you to transport your commercial equipment with the utmost ease and safety, enabling you to start operations in Benin.
- Office moves: Our business is to help your business grow and move to Benin in record time.
- Apartment moves: We make the move from apartment to apartment as easy as can be.
- Planning and preparation: We help you to plan and prepare for a successful move.
- Visa and immigration services: Visa applications are well explained and guided by our team.
- Housing assistance: If you need housing for some duration we are here to assist you.
- Family services: Family moves are not meant to be hectic- try us!
- Auto transport services: To experience and see the beautiful country of Benin, it is best to travel with your car. We are able to ship your car safely and affordably. Information on shipping your car to Benin is here.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
We understand that moving overseas can be a daunting process and that is why we make it hassle-free for you. We also have the sufficient experience and thus you know you will be with a trusted hand. We are also reachable at all hours should you need to seek clarification or information on your shipment. A-1 Auto Transport Inc has a good client base, which has been satisfied by our delivery services as seen by their testimonials.
Move with us!
You are the right place if you are seeking Benin International Moving Services. Contact us and move with us in the most affordable and reliable way. You can dial us at 888-509-3213. In the meantime, we would appreciate it if you could fill in the form at the top of the page.
-Used and owned goods for six months or more:
-Also must show proof of ownership:
Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Benin” page.