Belize International Moving Services
While international moving is an exciting experience, it is not an easy one. In fact, most people seek the services of professional international moving companies to achieve this task. This is because it is such a complex undertaking. To begin with, it is very strenuous and time-consuming; then there are the strict immigration regulations and other rules in some countries.
Moving to Belize Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Belize||$2,900 - $4,900||$5,500 - $9,000||3-5 weeks|
|Miami to Belize||$2,900 - $4,900||$5,500 - $9,000||3-5 weeks|
|San Jose to Belize||$3,400 - $5,700||$6,300 - $10,300||3-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Belize||$3,400 - $5,700||$6,400 - $10,400||3-5 weeks|
|Memphis to Belize||$3,800 - $6,300||$6,800 - $11,200||3-5 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Belize||$3,800 - $6,400||$7,200 - $11,700||3-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Belize||$3,900 - $6,500||$7,200 - $11,800||3-5 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Belize||$3,900 - $6,500||$7,200 - $11,800||3-5 weeks|
|Phoenix to Belize||$4,000 - $6,800||$7,400 - $12,400||3-6 weeks|
|Denver to Belize||$5,300 - $9,000||$9,800 - $16,100||3-6 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Importing your household items
You’ll be pleased to discover, that you can import your shipment of used household items without paying any duty. This is provided that your goods have been owned and used by you for at least 12 months. You also must bring them into Belize, no later than six months after you enter the country.
Paperwork for your household goods
You’ll need to present your passport and either your Work Visa or a valid Residence Visa. Customs will also ask for your detailed inventory, which should cover all the items included in your shipment. You Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill are also required documentation (1).
Importing your vehicle
You should be prepared to pay import duty on your vehicle, though the rate (and perhaps even if duty is levied at all) will be based upon the specifics of your particular vehicle. For example, customs will take into account what shape it’s in and when it was made, especially when calculating the vehicle’s value (2).
Paperwork for your vehicle
You must provide some documentation when bringing your vehicle into Belize. This includes your Original Bill of Lading, the vehicle’s title and the purchase invoice or receipt. You’ll also need to show your passport (and it seems that an additional photo ID is also required). Paperwork listing the vehicle’s VIN number should also be submitted to customs (3)
A number of other documents, regulations and possible fees will apply to your shipment of household goods and your vehicle. Therefore, it’s best to speak with customs about the requirements for your specific move.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Visa, passport and preparation: It is important to start preparations early. In fact, it is advisable to begin about 90 days before the day of moving. Certainly, this will give you enough time to put everything in place. By doing this, there will be no delays or major challenges encountered when it is moving day. You will also need a visa and passport. Since you are looking for Belize International Moving Services, ask if there is a mover who helps their clients process these documents. Alternatively, you can opt to apply for a visa by visiting the Embassy of Belize’s website. Be sure to also take care of your passport application.
- Visit: If you have never been to Belize, it’s a good idea to visit the place weeks or months before move day. Doing so will help you familiarize yourself with the place. Also ensure you engage with locals to get as much information as possible.
- Budget: Moving abroad is a costly affair. Indeed, you will need to cut down costs before you get a job or set up a business. Having a budget that is written-down will help you take care of your expenses.
- Apply for jobs: Besides having a budget, it is advisable to apply for jobs before you move. Doing so early helps you find out if you need a work permit so that you can apply for one.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need an international moving company when relocating overseas
As we have determined, international moving is a difficult task. Indeed, there is so much time, energy, and resources required for it to succeed. If you decide to handle it by yourself you might terribly fail.
For these reasons, it is advisable to seek the services of a professional international moving company. Undoubtedly, a professional mover has the expertise and tools needed for the job. Also, your belongings will be handled with care and will arrive at your destination safely. Certainly most, if not all, the work is done for you making your move hassle-free.
How to find the best international moving company
When looking for Belize International Moving services, you will find many moving companies. You will need to narrow-down on one reliable one so start by searching the internet and asking friends and family for recommendations. However, before settling for a mover, consider the following:
- Find out if the company is licensed.
- Ask if the company has insurance and caters for damage on belongings that may occur during transportation.
- Choose a company that gives you a good service package at the most affordable rate.
- Read customer reviews on the respective companies’ websites and settle for the one that has more positive than negative reviews.
Our Belize international moving services
We offer the following:
- Packing/unpacking: We offer packing services to and from our transport facilities.
- Corporate moves: We move offices and businesses; ensuring they set-up shop as quickly as possible.
- Apartment moves: We handle all your moving requirements to help you settle from one apartment to the next.
- Visa and immigration services: We help with visa and immigration applications.
- Planning and preparation: We provide useful information about international moving; this includes keeping a checklist of the things you will need done.
- Housing assistance: We help in locating and finding suitable housing.
- Family services: We also help our clients locate important family services such as schools and health centers.
- Auto transport services: We will move your vehicle across the seas to your new destination.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have been in operation for more than 30 years. During this time, we have helped thousands of clients successfully move and settle abroad. We have vast knowledge and information regarding international moving. We assure you that if you have any questions, we have the answers that you need.
Make the switch!
If you want to relocate to Belize, kindly talk to us by contacting our experts on our toll-free number 888-509-3213. To receive free estimates of our services, kindly fill-in the form at the top of this page.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Belize” page.