- Belarus International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Belarus?
- The Transport Method
- Shipping A Car
- Moving To Belarus Cost & Time Examples
- Does Belarus Charge Import Duty?
- Paperwork Required By Customs
- Does Belarus Charge Import Duty On Vehicles?
- Paperwork Required For Your Vehicle
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Belarus International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Make The Switch!
Belarus International Moving Services
International moving is not as easy as it may seem. It is a complex process because various factors have to come into play. For instance, there are the strict immigration requirements found in various countries. The process itself is strenuous and time-consuming and you have to go through the thorough rigors of ensuring all your travel documents are in order. As a result, most people seek the help of international moving companies. We are a professional international moving company that also handles shipping of vehicles.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Belarus?
The cost of moving internationally to Belarus can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on various factors such as the size of the move, total distance, route, transportation method, and current market trends.
Belarus is a landlocked country in the eastern part of Europe. The cost of moving household items to the destination country will depend on many factors, including the size of the home you are moving. On average, it takes between $4,000 and $8,000 to move a 2-bedroom home to Belarus.
Apart from the size of the home, other factors affect the moving cost, like the transportation method and car shipping.
The Transport Method
Moving your things to most countries will involve using a ship. However, there are many different ways to transport items by ship. If your items are enough to fill a 20 or 40-foot container, you will want the full container load.
If you send a smaller volume of items, a less than full container load might be enough. These methods come with varying costs.
Apart from container types, the speed at which you want your container shipped will affect the moving cost. Opting for high-priority shipping will get your things quickly, but this service will cost more.
Shipping a Car
You might want to move in your car. This will increase the moving cost because it is not a household item and will take up a lot of space and weight.
Not all moving companies offer auto transport services. You will need to hire a separate company for vehicle transport if the company you are hiring doesn't offer auto transport services.
Remember that you must register your car upon arrival, which will add to your overall moving costs.
Shipping a car by sea to another country can cost anywhere between $1000 and $5000. This depends on the size of the vehicle and the distance traveled.
Moving to Belarus Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Gomel||$4,000- $6,800||$7,600- $12,400||3-6 weeks|
|Charlotte to Minsk||$4,200- $7,000||$7,800- $12,800||3-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Minsk||$4,300- $7,200||$7,900- $13,000||3-6 weeks|
|Jacksonville to Gomel||$4,300- $7,300||$8,100- $13,200||3-6 weeks|
|Los Angeles to Minsk||$4,400- $7,400||$8,500- $13,800||5-8 weeks|
|Columbus to Minsk||$4,600- $7,700||$8,500- $13,900||3-6 weeks|
|Memphis to Minsk||$4,600- $7,700||$8,500- $13,900||3-6 weeks|
|Portland to Minsk||$4,700- $7,800||$8,900- $14,500||5-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Gomel||$4,700- $7,900||$8,900- $14,600||5-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Minsk||$5,100- $8,300||$9,400- $15,400||5-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Does Belarus charge import duty?
A single answer isn’t forthcoming, regarding the question of import duty for your household goods. If importing on a temporary basis, then exemption is allowed (though you must meet the guidelines to be eligible). If you’re a foreigner with either a Resident Permit or accreditation card issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs - then it appears that permanent duty-free importation is available.
You can also receive permission from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or another government department, for duty-free importation of your belongings. Finally, if the total value of your shipment is less than 1,000 Euros, then it will also be duty-free.
If you don’t meet any of the above requirements, then the import duty rate you’ll pay, will be based upon the total value and weight of your shipment (1).
Paperwork required by customs
You’ll need to have your passport and Residence Permit on hand, when clearing your goods through customs. They’ll also request your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill, and your Letter of Employment. A valid lease or purchase contract for a residence within Belarus is also required, along with Import Declaration TD-4. A detailed inventory should also be presented to customs, covering all the items included in your shipment (2).
Does Belarus charge import duty on vehicles?
Though not stated definitively, one source indicates that import duty can be levied on your vehicle. The exact rate is based upon the size of its engine, model, year of manufacturer and total value (3).
Paperwork required for your vehicle
You must provide customs with proof of insurance coverage and documentation of your residency in Belarus. If the vehicle has been involved in any accidents, paperwork disclosing this must be included. You’ll also need to submit the title and registration, which were issued in the origin country. Your passport and documents outlining the vehicle’s current mechanical condition are also required (4).
For both your household belongings and vehicle, numerous other regulations must be followed and additional paperwork filed. Contact customs to get the complete details.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Start early: Due to the complexity of moving abroad, time is of paramount importance. Fact is, there is so much to do and you need to allocate enough time for preparations. About 90 days to the day of moving is a good time-frame. Without enough time, you may find yourself doing things in a rush, and may experience delays with customs.
- Real estate and acar: Before moving, most people think that acquiring assets such as a house or a car is a good idea. In fact, they think that such acquisitions will enhance a smooth transition. However, in most cases, it is as a result of misinformation, and you may end up being ripped off. Therefore, before you relocate make sure you have researched about the customs, business climate, and local culture of the location to which you are moving.
- Visa and passport: While looking for Belarus International Moving Services, find out if there is a mover that offers assistance in applying for a visa and a passport. Alternatively, you can apply for a visa through the Embassy of Belarus’ website. Make sure that you know what type of visa you require. For your passport, you apply through the US Government website.
- Reach out to people: If you have friends and family members residing in Belarus, contact them. Get as much information as you can about the locality you are moving to. Also, you can join groups on social media and engage with their members for more details.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
As we have established, moving abroad is not an easy task. Indeed, it will mentally and physically strain you. It will also consume so much of your time that you might not end up moving at all. You also face the risk of losing or damaging your valuables.
However, if you hire a professional mover, the task will be stress-free. Certainly, professional movers have the expertise and tools needed for the job. Indeed, they will deliver your household goods safely.
How to find the best international moving company
When looking for Belarus International Moving Services, start by searching the internet and asking friends and family for recommendations. Before sealing the deal, kindly look out for the following:
- Make certain the company you choose is licensed and has insurance that covers goods in transit.
- Compare two or three companies and find out which one will deliver the service you want at an affordable rate.
- Choose a company that has gotten the highest service standards by attaining accreditations.
- Read customer reviews on their websites. More negative reviews than positive ones mean that the company is not a good choice.
Our Belarus international moving services
Included in our Belarus International Moving Services are the following:
- Packing/unpacking: Leave the packing and unpacking to us.
- Corporate moves: We will help you to move your office or business.
- Apartment moves: We will help you to switch from one rental apartment to the next.
- Visa and immigration services: We will help you apply for Belarus visa and immigration services.
- Planning and preparation: We will give you important planning and preparation information.
- Housing assistance: We will help you to find a suitable house.
- Family services: We will find family services such as schools and hospitals for you.
- Auto transport: We also handle international shipping of cars.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have decades’ long international moving experience. Indeed, we have helped thousands of people to move overseas. Our vast knowledge and resources are all that you need when looking for expert information on international moving. We assure you that if you have any questions regarding moving abroad, we definitely have the answers.
Make the switch!
Do you think it is time to relocate to Belarus? Kindly reach us by contacting our experts on our toll-free number 888-241-3110. Also, you can get free estimates of our moving services by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Belarus” page.
(As found on: https://www.a1autotransport.com/ship-car-to-belarus/):
This is the required documentation needed according to the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations: