- Barbados International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Barbados?
- Legal Fees
- Storage Costs
- Moving To Barbados Cost & Time Examples
- Duties When Moving To Barbados
- Documents When Moving To Barbados
- Duties For Your Vehicle
- Documents For Your Vehicle
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Dominican Republic International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Talk To Us
Barbados International Moving Services
Thinking of relocating to Barbados? International moving is such a complex task that it is almost unachievable if you handle it alone. Indeed, so many factors come into play. For instance, some immigration departments in some countries impose very strict requirements. Also, clearing with various customs departments is no easy. Not forgetting that the actual moving process is very strenuous and time-consuming.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Barbados?
The cost of moving internationally to Barbados can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on various factors such as the size of move, total distance, route, transportation method, and current market trends.
The Caribbean island country of Barbados is located in the West Indies. Costs for moving household items to Barbados range from $3,000 to $16,000. This applies to homes with two to four bedrooms.
The distance and the size of the home aren’t the only factors that affect the moving cost. Things like legal fees and the cost of storage will affect it.
A customer can fill out the necessary documents without the help of a lawyer. A little research on the internet might answer a couple of questions.
However, when the items being moved come with complications or are on a restricted list, getting a lawyer becomes the best thing to do.
The lawyer will review your documents and help you understand what signing them implies. A lawyer will also help determine if you’re breaking any local or international laws by going through the process.
Storage is a vital part of moving to another country. The date you move might not coincide with the date your items arrive. In general, your timeline hardly aligns with the shipping timeline.
Don’t expect your things to arrive at the same time you do. When planning your relocation, keep this in mind and plan for variables.
Your things can arrive around when you do, but you might not have a permanent place to put them. So, while searching for a suitable home, you will need storage services.
The storage cost starts at $100 per month for a 2-bedroom volume of items and can go up to thousands of dollars depending on the volume.
Moving to Barbados Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Speightstown||$3,000- $4,900||$5,500- $9,100||3-5 weeks|
|Houston to Bridgetown||$3,000- $4,900||$5,500- $9,100||3-5 weeks|
|Seattle to Bridgetown||$3,300- $5,500||$6,100- $10,200||3-6 weeks|
|Detroit to Bridgetown||$3,400- $5,600||$6,100- $10,200||3-5 weeks|
|Atlanta to Speightstown||$3,400- $5,700||$6,400- $10,500||3-5 weeks|
|San Diego to Bridgetown||$3,500- $5,900||$6,500- $10,800||3-6 weeks|
|Portland to Bridgetown||$3,500- $6,000||$6,600- $10,900||3-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Speightstown||$3,900- $6,400||$7,200- $11,800||3-6 weeks|
|Chicago to Bridgetown||$3,900- $6,500||$7,200- $11,800||3-5 weeks|
|Denver to Bridgetown||$5,300- $9,000||$9,800- $16,100||3-6 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties when moving to Barbados
Barbados extends import duty exemption under certain easy-to-follow conditions. All they require is that you’ve owned and used your household belongings for a minimum of 12 months. New items aren’t eligible for this duty exemption and will incur duties anywhere from 5 - 60%. Valued-added tax of 15% and an Environmental Levy of 1% also apply to new goods (1).
Documents when moving to Barbados
Not much paperwork is needed, when importing a shipment of personal goods into the country. You’ll need your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill, as well as your passport. A detailed inventory is also required, and you must show proof of residence to customs officials (2).
Duties for your vehicle
The generous exemption that may cover your household belongings, doesn’t apply to your vehicle. You’ll be charged the full import duty rate, which is currently 45%. This does not include the additional excise tax, which ranges from as low as 10% to as high as 120%. An Environmental Levy of either $300 for new vehicles or $4,000 for used vehicles is also charged. Finally, value-added tax of 17.5% (some sources say 15%) and a Port FAS charge will be assessed on your vehicle (3).
Documents for your vehicle
In order to bring your vehicle into Barbados, you’ll need to give customs proof of insurance coverage, and the vehicle’s purchase invoice (if it’s brand new). Your Original Bill of Lading and log book containing maintenance and other records, should also be provided.
You’ll also need an Import Permit (or Import License), which is required before you’re even allowed to ship the vehicle from the origin country. Fortunately, as an experienced international vehicle shipping company - A1 Auto Transport can take care of this critical piece of documentation on your behalf (4).
A great deal of other regulations are enforced for shipments of household goods and vehicles. Other paperwork will also be required. For these reasons, it’s highly encouraged that you contact customs before sending your shipments.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Plan early: When planning to move abroad, it is advised to start early. About 90 days before the day of moving is a good time to start. This will give you enough time to attend to everything. There will be no last minute rush and delays with customs departments.
- Find a good shipping company: Start by searching the internet to find moving companies near you. You can also ask for recommendations from family and friends. Ensure that you analyze factors such as whether those companies are licensed or have insurance that caters for damage on household goods on transit.
- Visa and passport: When searching for Barbados international moving services, ask if there is any professional mover that offers assistance in applying for these documents. You can also visit the Barbados immigration department’s website for further information. For your passport application, get information the government’s online portal.
- Research: Before moving, try to get as much information about your destination as possible. Certainly, this will make your transition hassle-free. First, you can search for information online. Also, you can connect with friends and family who either live there or have been there before.
To add, you can make a visit to the place prior to the day of moving. Once you are there, engage with the locals, and visit different places just to familiarize yourself with the location.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Professional moving services are necessary if you want to make your move stress-free. They have the required equipment and trained personnel to execute the task. They also ensure that your belongings are handled with care, and will arrive at your destination safe. Working with such professionals saves you a lot of time and resources which gives you peace of mind.
If you decide to handle everything on your own, you might damage or lose your items. You will also experience a lot of mental and physical strain and might not succeed.
How to find the best international moving company
When looking for Barbados international moving services, start by searching the internet and get a list of movers. You can also seek recommendations from friends and family. Ensure that you list at least three companies while considering the following:
- Make sure you are dealing with companies that are licensed.
- Choose a company that has insurance that caters for damage to your belongings while on transit.
- Settle for a company that has achieved high standards of service preferably those who have received accreditations.
- Compare estimates and rates and choose the company that offers you a good package at the most affordable rate.
Our Dominican Republic international moving services
We offer the following:
- Packing/unpacking: We load and offload belongings to and from our transport facilities.
- Apartment moves: We handle international moving between rental apartments.
- Corporate moving: We also move businesses and offices. This also includes their relevant equipment and other assets.
- Visa and immigration services: We assist our clients in applying for visa and immigration services.
- Planning and preparation: We offer useful information such as how to package belongings ready for moving.
- Housing assistance: We help our clients to find suitable housing.
- Family services: We also assist our clients to find important family services such as schools and health centers.
- Auto transport services: We are a company that offers international vehicle moving services.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have over 30 years experience in international moving. Indeed, we have helped thousands to move abroad. Our vast knowledge and resources are all you need when looking for expert information on international moving. We assure you that if you have any questions, we definitely have the answers.
Talk to us
If you are planning to relocate to the Barbados, kindly contact our experts on our toll-free number 888-241-3110. Also, don’t forget to fill in the form at the top of this page to get free estimates of our services.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Barbados” page.
-15% VAT according to:
Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Barbados” page.