- Bangladesh International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Bangladesh?
- Packing And Unpacking Costs
- Custom Duties/Taxes
- Moving To Bangladesh Cost & Time Examples
- Does Bangladesh Charge Import Duties?
- Does Bangladesh Require Paperwork?
- Does Bangladesh Charge Duties On Your Vehicle?
- Does Bangladesh Require Paperwork For Your Vehicle?
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Bangladesh International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get In Touch!
Bangladesh International Moving Services
Changes or circumstances may bring about the need for a business or an individual to make an international move. An international move entails a lot of tasks and procedures. This brings about the need to outsource international moving services. A professional moving company will assist in making your move easier, from start to finish. A good moving company will make shipping your car to Bangladesh or any other belongings a less complex process.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Bangladesh?
The cost of moving internationally to Bangladesh can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on various factors such as the size of the move, total distance, route, transportation method, and current market trends.
Bangladesh is a country in South Asia, located east of India and on the Bay of Bengal. The cost of moving household goods to Bangladesh isn’t a single figure. It ranges from $5,100 to $23,400 to ship a 2–4-bedroom home to Bangladesh.
Several factors affect moving costs, including packing, unpacking, customs duties, and taxes.
Packing and Unpacking Costs
If you need packing and unpacking services, your moving cost will be slightly higher. Some moving companies include packing services in the costs, but many don’t.
There are situations where a customer cannot opt-out of added packing costs. This is because there are countries where customs demand that the shipped items be unpacked and inspected.
This means the moving company will have no option but to charge for unpacking your things at the destination seaport and packing them back. Packing and unpacking services can add more than $100 to your moving bill.
Depending on the country you are moving to, there may be additional customs duties or taxes to pay upon arrival at the destination port.
Some countries, like the United States, allow the movement of household goods duty-free, which means you won’t be charged extra for duty fees.
Alternatively, some nations charge for household goods, with fees based on the items' value.
In other countries, you might not pay customs duties or taxes depending on where you are moving from. If you are moving to any location in the EU from another EU country, you aren’t meant to pay duty fees for household goods.
Moving to Bangladesh Cost & Time Examples
|New York to Dhaka||$5,100- $8,300||$9,400- $15,400||5-8 weeks|
|Boston to Chittagong||$5,300- $8,700||$9,800- $16,000||5-8 weeks|
|Charlotte to Dhaka||$5,500- $9,000||$10,000- $16,500||5-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Dhaka||$5,500- $9,100||$10,300- $16,800||6-10 weeks|
|Dallas to Chittagong||$5,700- $9,500||$10,700- $17,400||5-8 weeks|
|LA to Chittagong||$5,700- $9,500||$10,700- $17,400||6-10 weeks|
|Memphis to Dhaka||$5,900- $9,600||$10,700- $17,600||5-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Dhaka||$6,000- $10,000||$11,100- $18,100||5-8 weeks|
|Phoenix to Chittagong||$6,500- $10,700||$12,000- $19,500||6-10 weeks|
|Denver to Chittagong||$7,800- $12,900||$14,300- $23,400||6-10 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Does Bangladesh charge import duties?
Customs does levy duties on imports, though exemption from these fees is possible. However, this status is reserved for diplomatic personnel, high commission, international donor agencies and the U.N. If you don’t fall into one of these categories (as most foreign nationals don’t) - you’ll be required to pay import duty on your shipment of household goods (1).
Does Bangladesh require paperwork?
Customs will need to see your passport, a Letter of Employment and a Work Permit. A packing list or comprehensive inventory is also required, along with a customs passbook. You’ll receive this from the NBR (National Board of Revenue). You’ll also need to show your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill, and a Baggage Declaration form (2).
Does Bangladesh charge duties on your vehicle?
You’re only eligible for duty exemption on your vehicle, if you fall into one of the preferred categories discussed above. Otherwise, you’ll have to pay the standard import duty that’s levied on vehicle imports. Value-added tax (VAT) will be assessed on your vehicle as well - and you’re only permitted to bring one vehicle into the country (3).
Does Bangladesh require paperwork for your vehicle?
You’ll need all the right forms, when customs is processing your vehicle for entry. This includes proof that you’re the owner of the vehicle, and your Residence Permit. You’ll also need to provide the vehicle’s title and registration, which were issued in the origin country. Both your passport and the purchase invoice or receipt for the vehicle are also required (4).
This discussion is far from complete, and a significant number of other documents are required. Many additional regulations must be followed as well - so you should discuss your move with customs before embarking.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
To make your international move easier, make use of the following handy tips:
- Package your goods in a manner that makes transportation, handling and storage easier.
- Prepare your documents well in advance and present them as and when required to enable easy processing.
- Get up-to-date policies that affect shipping so as to make an informed move. The Bangladesh embassy will be able to advise you accordingly.
- Liaise with the moving company and maintain a good relationship with them. Provide the details required to make your move effortless and to enable the company execute your order soonest possible. Paying your bill at the earliest time possible will enable the moving company to proceed with your request quickly.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
A big move requires all the necessary support and guidance. A moving company which has the requisite knowledge and experience in Bangladesh International Moving Services will be beneficial to you. Not only will your relocation be stress-free you will also have peace of mind knowing your valuables are in safe hands. A moving company will go the extra mile and deliver great services beyond simply delivering your goods.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
You may be considering a number of international moving companies after looking them up online or getting recommendations from family and friends. However, you need to narrow down to that one company that will offer you with the best Bangladesh International Moving Services. The factors that you need to look into while narrowing down this search include the company’s level of experience related to shipping to Bangladesh, its ratings, testimonials and reviews given by previous clients. It is also important to find out if the insurance cover, that the company has, caters for third parties too. Do not hesitate to request for shipping quotes.
Our Bangladesh International Moving Services
- Packing/unpacking: We not only provide you with packing supplies, we also assist you in packing and unpacking.
- Commercial moving: We help businesses make their big move to Bangladesh.
- Office moves: Move to your new location and get back to business as soon as you need to.
- Apartment moves: Our aim is to make the move to your new home as hassle-free as possible.
- Planning and preparation: We know how planning and preparing goes a long way in making the move easier; we help you from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: We guide you through the visa application and also inform you about the immigration rules.
- Housing assistance: We offer exemplary, affordable housing services.
- Family services: Depending on the services you would like, we can offer tailor-made family services.
- Auto transport services: We help you plan all details of shipping your car to Bangladesh. We will advice you on the most suitable time to ship your car so as to avoid delays caused by the weather conditions.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
While searching for a moving company, are your top priorities to have reliable, affordable and top-notch services at an affordable fee? You’ve found us! We at A-1 Auto Transport not only offer you great delivery services but also deliver great service to make your international move stress-free, from start to finish. We have over 20 years experience in the industry. During this time we have become the trusted choice of many clients; we hope that will include you too! We also offer you competitive rates and you can get a quote from us so as to have the estimated cost of shipping your goods. We also offer great service and have a dedicated team working round the clock to offer you with the assistance you require.
Get in touch!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. You may also give us a call on 888-241-3110 to get more information or clarification on our services, including the Bangladesh International Moving Services. You can also use our contact details to reach out to us. We offer real-time support and will get back to you as soon as possible.
Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Bangladesh” page.