- Bahrain International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Bahrain?
- Time Of The Year
- Moving To Bahrain Cost & Time Examples
- Does Bahrain Charge Import Duties?
- What Paperwork Will You Need?
- Does Bahrain Charge Import Duties For Your Vehicle?
- What Paperwork Will You Need For Your Vehicle?
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Bahrain International Moving Services Offers
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get Moving!
Bahrain International Moving Services
International moving is the process in which companies or individuals transfer their goods from one country to another. If you are planning to relocate to Bahrain, you may consider hiring professionals who offer international moving services. Whether you would like to ship your car to Bahrain, make a commercial move, a business move or to move your household goods, we at A-1 Auto Transport are up to the task.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Bahrain?
The cost of moving internationally to Bahrain can range anywhere from $2,000-$12,000 depending on various factors such as the size of the move, total distance, route, transportation method, and current market trends.
The kingdom of Bahrain is located in the Persian Gulf, east of Saudi Arabia. Moving costs to Bahrain can be in the range of $3800 for a two-bedroom apartment but can go as high as $14,700 for a four-bedroom apartment.
The amount a customer will pay for moving a set of household goods depends on factors like the distance and the time of the year.
The distance the transport vessel will travel will be a major factor in determining the moving cost. The farther the destination is from the origin, the higher the shipping cost.
Moving household items from the USA to Mexico, for instance, will be less expensive than doing so from the USA to Bahrain.
Even your current location in the United States will influence the shipping cost because of the distance to the designated seaport. It would cost less to move from Miami than from Chicago.
Time of the Year
The time of the year affects the moving costs to various places, including Bahrain, because the cost fluctuates all year round.
There are times of the year when most people move from one country to another. These are called peak moving periods and come with increased moving costs. At this time of the year, there is a high demand for international movers.
Most years, the periods between May and September are popular for moving and shipping. Because of this, getting a mover can be difficult during this period, and the moving rates are usually higher.
Moving to Bahrain Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Manama||$3,800- $6,400||$7,200- $11,800||4-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Manama||$4,000- $6,800||$7,800- $12,900||5-9 weeks|
|San Jose to Manama||$4,200- $6,900||$7,800- $12,900||5-9 weeks|
|Detroit to Manama||$4,200- $7,000||$7,900- $13,000||4-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Manama||$4,300- $7,200||$8,100- $13,300||4-8 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Manama||$4,800- $7,900||$8,900- $14,600||4-8 weeks|
|Portland to Manama||$4,300- $7,300||$8,200- $13,500||5-9 weeks|
|Columbus to Manama||$4,600- $7,700||$8,600- $14,200||4-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Manama||$4,700- $7,700||$8,700- $14,300||5-9 weeks|
|Chicago to Manama||$4,800- $7,900||$9,000- $14,700||4-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Does Bahrain charge import duties?
You’ll be happy to learn, that you can become eligible for import duty exemption in one of two ways. First, if you’re able to get a Residence Permit that’s good for at least two years - then your shipment can be brought into Bahrain without paying duty. Second, if the first option isn’t possible, then you can pay a customs deposit (which should be refunded once you take your goods back out of the country).
No matter which method you choose - duty exemption is only offered on used household items, which are more than one year old (1).
What paperwork will you need?
There’s a long list of documentation required by customs, starting with your passport, packing list and Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. You also need to submit a letter of authorization, so your destination agent (like A1 Auto Transport) can help clear your goods through customs. Other specialized forms may be required, if your container is classified as a commodities shipment (2).
Does Bahrain charge import duties for your vehicle?
The short answer is that no duty exemption is available, and you will pay the going rate of about 5%. Be aware that you must comply with a good deal of regulations when shipping your vehicle - such as the requirement that it not have a full tank of gas during transit. Bahrain also only allows left-hand drive vehicles into the country, and these must meet GCC specifications (3).
What paperwork will you need for your vehicle?
You must present the right documents for your vehicle to be successfully processed through customs. This includes a Clearance Certificate, Traffic Technical Inspection, paperwork showing insurance coverage and your Bill of Lading (4). A more complete list can be found here - though this still may not be exhaustive.
Numerous additional regulations and paperwork requirements apply, to shipments of your household goods and vehicle. For a detailed and thorough accounting of everything that you’ll need - speak to customs for the latest information.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
Moving overseas is a big task that involves a lot of preparation, packing and unpacking as well as document preparation and processing. There are big and small details, which need to be considered top priority.
To make your international move easier, it is wise to prepare well; plan for your move even up to 6 months in advance. Since the goods will be handled frequently throughout the journey, package them in a secure way that eases their movement and storage. Liaise with the moving company you hire and make your order details known so they can work to meet your expectations.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
When moving to unfamiliar territory, having a trusted guide offers you the much needed confidence and peace of mind. While you can make the move solo, it may overwhelm you since there are many details to be remembered and acted upon. Having an experienced team handle your move will give you a stress-free relocation experience.
How to find the best international moving company
While conducting your search, you may have come across many moving companies that market themselves as the best in the industry. So, how do you narrow down to select the company which will offer you the best Bahrain International Moving Services?
Consider the following factors to guide your selection:
- Does the company possess the required credentials, legal requirements and certifications to ship to Bahrain?
- What is the company’s rating and what do their previous clients have to say about the quality of services offered?
- Are the personnel familiar with the rules governing shipping and able to advise you accordingly?
- Does the insurance cover cater for third parties?
- Is the shipping cost reasonable and will you get benefits from the package availed?
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Bahrain International Moving Services offers:
- Packing/unpacking: We understand that you need enough energy for your journey and that is why we do the hard work.
- Commercial moving: No business is too big or too small for us to move to Bahrain.
- Office moves: Ship with us and open shop real soon in Bahrain.
- Apartment moves: Moving to your new apartment does not have to be hard. We will safely transport your household goods.
- Planning and preparation: We know that such a move requires good planning and preparation and we assist you, from start to finish.
- Visa and immigration services: We are familiar with the steps of applying for the Kingdom of Bahrain e-visa and can assist you through this process.
- Housing assistance: We are here to offer you with the best housing assistance to make your move stress free.
- Family services: Families feel at home with us and enjoy our tailor-made family services.
- Auto transport services: Shipping your automobile to Bahrain is made easier due to the frequent shipments from the US to the Manama Port. The legal process has also been made easier by the government, to the extent of waiving customs duty
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
Why should you select on us over the many moving companies available? We are one of the biggest and most experienced moving companies around. We not only deliver your goods but also deliver exemplary service and support to our clients. We also understand that you need to have great services at a great price and that’s why we offer the most competitive prices. You can request for a quote from us after indicating the Bahrain International Moving Services you seek. We have a great success story and a good client base that is satisfied with our services and also refers us to more clients. We hope that you will also choose to partner with us.
Please fill-in the form at the top of this page. We look forward to help you get moving. In case you have questions about our Bahrain International Moving Services or if you would like to request for a quote, do not hesitate to give us a call on 888-241-3110. You can also use our contact details to reach out to us.