- Bahamas International Moving Services
- Moving To Bahamas Cost & Time Examples
- Will You Pay Import Duty?
- What Documentation Is Required?
- Will You Pay Import Duty For Your Vehicle?
- What Documentation For Your Vehicle Is Required?
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need An International Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Bahamas International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Make The Switch!
Bahamas International Moving Services
Are you thinking of moving abroad and relocating to the Bahamas? International moving is a very daunting task. If you decide to execute it alone, it is very strenuous, complex, and time-consuming. Due to this, most people opt for the services of professional international moving companies to bridge the gap. We are an international moving company that will help you achieve this. We are also an international auto transport company.
Moving to Bahamas Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Lucaya||$3,100- $5,100||$5,600- $9,400||3-5 weeks|
|Houston to Nassau||$3,100- $5,100||$5,600- $9,400||3-5 weeks|
|Seattle to Lucaya||$3,500- $5,800||$6,400- $10,500||3-6 weeks|
|Detroit to Nassau||$3,500- $5,800||$6,400- $10,500||3-5 weeks|
|Atlanta to Nassau||$3,600- $5,900||$6,500- $10,800||3-5 weeks|
|San Diego to Nassau||$3,600- $6,000||$6,700- $11,000||3-6 weeks|
|Portland to Nassau||$3,700- $6,200||$6,800- $11,300||3-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Nassau||$4,000- $6,500||$7,300- $12,100||3-6 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Nassau||$4,000- $6,700||$7,300- $12,100||3-5 weeks|
|Denver to Nassau||$5,500- $9,100||$10,000- $16,300||3-6 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Will you pay import duty?
The answer to this question isn’t clear, as reputable sources disagree regarding this point. One says that all personal effects and household belongings (even used items), incur import duty of 35% and an additional 7% stamp tax. These are levied on the combined amount of the value of your goods, the cost to ship them and insurance (1).
Another source differs, stating that you can receive import duty exemption, provided these goods aren’t new, are just for your personal use and if you’ll only be importing reasonable amounts of each item (2). Since some confusion remains on this point, it’s best that you speak with Bahamian customs for the most up-to-date answer.
What documentation is required?
You’ll need to submit the correct documentation, when clearing your goods through customs. This includes your passport and visa, and a full packing list. A separate inventory is also required. You also must provide an authorization letter, giving your destination agent or moving company (like A1 Auto Transport) permission to act on your behalf (3).
Will you pay import duty for your vehicle?
Duty exemption isn’t mentioned by reputable sources, and you should expect to pay the going rate at this time. Currently, the exact amount varies - as it is based upon the monetary value of your specific vehicle. In addition, you’ll have to pay the extra 7% stamp tax as well (4).
What documentation for your vehicle is required?
When bringing your vehicle into the Bahamas, you’ll need to show customs your valid Import Permit. Both the title and registration (which were issued in the origin country), are required as well (5). This is not a full list, which you can access here.
Quite a few additional regulations and filing requirements apply - so it’s necessary to speak to Bahamian customs before shipping your goods.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Plan early: When it comes to international moving, planning is critical. Indeed, it helps you to make sure that everything is in place. Also, it ensures that your transit is smooth. Thus, making sure that you have all the requirements early in advance helps to avoid the last minute rush. It also helps to avoid delays with customs.
- Find the right shipping company: First, you should do a search on the web to find reputable moving companies near you. Do a thorough analysis of factors such as cost, customer reviews on their websites, and whether the companies are licensed.
- Visa and passport: Find out if there is a company offering Bahamas international moving services that assists with applying for a visa and passport. If there is none, ensure that you apply for a visa by visiting the Embassy of The Bahamas in Washington DC. Also, you can visit their consulate offices throughout other locations in the US. Make sure that you have applied for a passport through the US Government.
- Do research: It is always a noble idea to find out more about your destination. Besides finding the best international moving company, do a search on the web on various aspects such as the local languages, regions, cities, laws and regulations.
You can also reach out to friends who reside there and ask for more information. If you don’t have such contacts, join forums on the web and interact with people who either live there or have been there before.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need an international moving company when relocating overseas
As we have found out, international moving is such an arduous task. In fact, it is mentally and time-consuming besides being very strenuous. Also, if you decide to do it alone, you run the risk of damaging and losing your belongings if you do not handle them well.
Professional moving companies help to deal with these complexities. Their services provide a hassle-free way of moving abroad. Additionally, due to their experience, they will pack and handle your belongings with care; they help you save a lot of time.
How to find the best international moving company
When looking for Bahamas international moving services, it is advisable to do a web search. Also, you can ask friends and family for recommendations. Settle for at least three movers who you can compare. While doing so, kindly consider the following factors:
- Check the respective company websites for customer reviews.
- Ensure that the company you select is licensed.
- Ensure that the company you select has insurance to cover for damaged property during transportation.
- Compare the prices and find out which company provides the service that you want at the most affordable rate.
Our Bahamas international moving services
We offer the following:
- Packing/unpacking: We help with loading your belongings on to our transportation facilities. We also help in offloading them at your destination.
- Commercial moving: We help with moving business and office equipment.
- Apartment moves: We help with moving between rental apartments.
- Planning and preparation: We provide important information to get you prepared which includes a checklist of the things you need to take care of.
- Visa and immigration services: We assist is registering for visa and immigration services to the Bahamas.
- Housing assistance: We offer help in finding and locating suitable housing.
- Family services: We also assist in finding and locating essential services such as laundry.
- Auto transport services: We offer international moving of vehicles.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have been in operation for more than 30 years. This means that we have the required expertise for your international moving needs. Indeed, we have helped thousands of people to relocate abroad. We have the resources and the knowledge you need when it comes to international moving.
Make the switch!
If you want to relocate from the US to The Bahamas, we are the perfect international moving company for you. Talk to us by contacting our experts on our toll-free number 888-509-3213. Also, to receive free estimates of our services, kindly do not forget to fill the form at the top of this page.
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into the Bahamas” page.
(4) Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into the Bahamas” page.