- Austria International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Austria?
- Phone Costs
- Miscellaneous Costs
- Moving To Austria Cost & Time Examples
- Duties Required For Your Household Shipment
- Documents Required For Your Household Shipment
- Duties Required For Your Vehicle
- Documents Required For Your Vehicle
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Austria International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Move With Us!
- Other Services
Austria International Moving Services
Change is constant and at times calls for some tough decisions to be made. In some situations, change may require an individual or a business to have to move to a different country; forcing them to ship their valuables across seas. It is not a simple undertaking. Indeed, international moving is often a long and complex process which may overwhelm you if you are doing it alone. It is therefore recommended that you seek international moving services so as to have a hassle-free move.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Austria?
The cost of moving internationally to Austria can range anywhere from $2,000 - $12,000 depending on a variety of factors such as the size of move, total distance, route, transportation method, and current market trends.
Shipments to Austria are estimated by factors such as the size of the residence that must be emptied. It costs between $3500 and $7000 to move from the United States to Austria for a two-bedroom house.
Along with the size of a house, there are other factors to consider. These include storage, phone service, fees, and other costs.
Your belongings will need a place to stay until you return if you don't want to relocate permanently. Your items should be stored with a friend or relative, if not a climate-controlled, long-term storage facility is required.
It is likely that certain possessions will need to be temporarily stored even if you are planning a permanent move. International moving firms may be able to recommend temporary storage services and assist you with locating the lowest rates.
Whenever you leave one country and relocate to another, you will need a new cell phone provider and probably a new phone by the time you arrive. If you wish to use your existing mobile phone abroad, first make sure that it has been unlocked and is ready to use outside the network of the particular network in which it was purchased. It is important to remember, however, that if your phone isn't compatible, you will have to purchase a new one.
Your home will need to be furnished when you move to a new country. If you are moving abroad, you may not be able to use your own appliances there. You may not be able to find the right voltage or plugs in the country you're moving to.
A brand-new wardrobe may also be necessary. It is especially important if you will be moving to a country with a different climate or a different season from where you currently live. Keep this in mind as you make plans.
Moving to Austria Cost & Time Examples
|Houston to Vienna||$4,400- $6,100||$8,200- $11,100||3-5 weeks|
|Atlanta to Graz||$4,700- $6,500||$8,700- $11,700||3-5 weeks|
|Charlotte to Vienna||$4,900- $6,800||$9,000- $12,100||3-5 weeks|
|LA to Vienna||$5,200- $7,000||$9,600- $13,000||5-7 weeks|
|San Jose to Vienna||$5,200- $7,200||$9,800- $13,200||5-7 weeks|
|Chicago to Graz||$5,300- $7,200||$9,600- $13,000||3-5 weeks|
|Columbus to Vienna||$5,300- $7,300||$9,800- $13,200||3-5 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Graz||$5,500- $7,600||$10,200- 13,800||5-7 weeks|
|Phoenix to Vienna||$6,000- $8,200||$11,100- $15,000||5-7 weeks|
|Denver to Graz||$7,300- $9,900||$13,300- $17,800||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Duties required for your household shipment
If you’ll be bringing your household belongings with you into Austria - these can be imported without paying duty. The requirement for exemption is that you’ve owned and used these items for a minimum of six months - and that you’ve lived outside of the country for at least one year. If you receive duty exemption, then you’re not permitted to sell or transfer ownership of these items for a full year (1).
Documents required for your household shipment
Paperwork is the name of the game, when clearing your shipment through Austrian customs. You’ll need to provide your passport, Austrian customs form ZBefr2a (for those who’ve lived in the EU) or Zbefr2 (for those who haven’t lived in the EU) and your Residence Registration.
A detailed inventory is also required, along with your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. When using an international shipping company like A1 Auto Transport - you’ll need to file a Power of Attorney, so we have permission to facilitate your shipment through the clearance process (2).
Duties required for your vehicle
The traditional import duties will be waived, if you meet certain stipulations. First, you must have owned and used the vehicle outside of the country, for a minimum of the last six months. Second, the vehicle must be imported in connection with your relocation into the country. Third, you must not have lived in the European Union for at least the last year (3). Finally, you aren’t allowed to sell or transfer ownership of the vehicle for two years after importing it (4).
Even if you’re granted import duty exemption, you’ll still need to pay the NOVA tax (also called standard consumption tax) for your vehicle. This varies depending upon the fuel consumption numbers for your specific vehicle - and it can be anywhere from 8% to 14% (5). Another additional cost can be the expense to modify your vehicle, so it adheres to Austria’s technical requirements (6).
Documents required for your vehicle
Austrian customs will request your passport, and the purchase invoice or receipt for your vehicle. You’ll also need to provide the title and registration issued in the origin country. Form T1 may also be required, if this document applies to your specific situation (7). Your international driver’s permit should also be submitted to customs (8).
Many other documents and regulations apply to both your shipment of household goods and vehicle. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you speak to Austrian customs prior to shipping these goods - to learn all the information you’ll need to know before moving.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
The following are some of the tips that may help you to make your international move easier:
- Research on movers that are licensed to provide Austria International Moving Services and only work with such firms.
- Properly package and label your products so as to ensure ease of handling, storage and movement.
- Familiarize yourself with the laws governing importing cars from the US to Austria and migrating to Austria. You can get information online from useful sites such as that of the US Department of Transportation (USDOT).
- Prepare your documents well and way in advance so as to have an easier time at the processing stage.
- Liaise with the moving company and maintain good communication with them. By doing this, information will be passed clearly and the required action to be taken executed in good time.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
The process of relocation may be a daunting one, especially if you are taking up this task alone. There are many items to be moved and many documents to be prepared. You can miss-out on handling a single task that may disrupt the entire process.
It is best to seek moving services from a professional company so as to enjoy a hassle-free process. Doing so also gets you to enjoy Austria International Moving Services such as packing and unpacking, storage and transportation of your goods and document processing. You will then be able to focus on other essential tasks related to your move and have peace of mind knowing that the moving company will handle your move, from start to finish.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
Here are some questions that you need to pose when searching for the best international moving company:
- Does the company offer timely transportation of household goods, automobiles and other goods?
- Does the company have a professional support and delivery team?
- Is the company licensed to provide Austria International Moving Services and is it familiar with rules governing shipping to Austria?
- What is the company’s rank compared to other companies based on its performance and rating?
- Does the estimated cost of shipping match your budget?
- Does the company have an insurance cover and is it one that caters for properties belonging to third parties?
Our Austria international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: Leave the task of packing and unpacking your goods to us.
- Commercial moving: We help big and small businesses move to Austria.
- Office moves: We get your inventory to your new office in good time and in good condition.
- Apartment moves: When you move with us, you can be sure settling into your new apartment in Austria will be stress-free!
- Planning and preparation: Moving to Austria is a big move that needs you to be well prepared and your plans well laid-out. We help you achieve this.
- Visa and immigration services: We guide you through your visa application process.
- Housing assistance: We offer exemplary but affordable housing assistance.
- Family services: We cater to each family’s unique needs and make the move just what you and your family expect.
- Auto transport services: Ship your car to Austria using our safe and reasonably priced services.
- Container shipping to Austria
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We know you want to enjoy your relocation and not have to worry about each and every single detail. We have an experienced, reliable and forthright team which is able to not only deliver your goods but also deliver quality services. We at A-1 Auto Transport offer you competitive shipping rates and a guarantee that your valuables are in safe hands.
Move with us!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page. Do not hesitate to give us a call on 888-509-3213 or write to us via the contact details provided here. We will get back to you in real time. Make the right move! Move with us!
Popular Moving Destinations
(1) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Austria” page.
(4) Found on Moverscom “Customs Regulations - Austria” page.
(6) Found on Moverscom “Customs Regulations - Austria” page.
(8) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Austria” page.