Australia International Moving Services
International moving is the process where a business or individual relocates to a different country. This often proves to be a daunting and long process. To make this less overwhelming, it is advisable to seek the services of professional firms who provide international moving services. If you would like to move to Australia, a reliable and experienced mover can assist you ship your car as well as any other valuables.
Moving to Australia Cost & Time Examples
|San Jose to Sydney||$4,400- $6,000||$8,200- $11,200||5-7 weeks|
|New York to Sydney||$4,800- $6,500||$9,000- $12,200||6-8 weeks|
|Miami to Brisbane||$4,800- $6,500||$9,000- $12,100||6-8 weeks|
|Philadelphia to Sydney||$4,800- $6,600||$9,100- $12,400||6-8 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Sydney||$4,900- $6,800||$9,200- $12,400||5-7 weeks|
|Phoenix to Melbourne||$5,200- $7,000||$9,600- $12,900||5-7 weeks|
|Detroit to Sydney||$5,200- $7,200||$9,900- $13,300||6-8 weeks|
|Dallas to Sydney||$5,300- $7,300||$10,000- $13,500||6-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Brisbane||$5,900- $7,900||$10,900- $14,700||6-8 weeks|
|Denver to Melbourne||$6,600- $9,100||$12,200- $16,400||5-7 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Import duties for your household goods
When bringing your household belongings into Australia, as long as you’ve owned and used them yourself for the last year or more - they can be imported without paying duty (1).
Regulations for your household goods
Australia is very strict about the plant and animal life that enters its borders, and the Australian Quarantine Inspection Service (AQIS) will closely examine your shipment. This is carried out at their special facilities, and it can take as long as 14 days to complete. You’re also required to file certain paperwork in advance and provide a full inventory (with alcohol being listed on its own special inventory) (2).
Documents for your household goods
You’ll need to show customs your passport and visa, as well as customs form B534. As already mentioned, a full inventory is required - along with a separate inventory for any alcohol included in your shipment. Customs will also request your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. Quite a bit of additional documentation is also required, so it’s best to speak with Australian customs before sending your shipment (3).
Importing your personal vehicle
Bringing your vehicle with you to Australia, means paying import duty. You’ll also be required to pay goods and services tax (GST) - both of which can add up to a substantial sum. Finally, if your particular vehicle is deemed high in value, then a Luxury Car Tax will also be assessed.
Another factor to consider is that nearly all vehicles must be modified, so they adhere to the required Australian Design Regulations. These modifications can be prohibitively expensive (4).
Many specialized regulations also apply and you’ll need to provide quite a bit of documentation. This includes a vehicle import approval (VIA) and your purchase invoice to prove ownership. You’ll also need an import declaration filled out by your destination agent or moving company - and A1 Auto can help with this paperwork (5).
Complete coverage of all the necessary regulations and paperwork isn’t possible here - so it’s best to contact Australian customs to find out more.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
The following tips can guide you to make your international move a smooth process:
- Research on the rules governing your destination country as well as search for the best moving company that will meet your needs and match your budget.
- Package your goods in a way that allows for easy storage and movement. If you have any fragile items, be sure to indicate this.
- To enjoy smooth document processing, prepare and present them as and when required. When shipping a car to Australia, it is good to know the required documents as stated by the Australian Customs as well as the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development.
- Liaise with the moving company and keep your lines of communication open in order to avoid disappointments.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
Relocating to any location may be a hard task to do alone. You need someone who can assist you in packing and unpacking, transportation and document processing. A professional moving company will provide you with services to make your moving day less overwhelming from start to finish. Be sure to find one that has experience in offering Australia International Moving Services.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
Find out if your chosen moving firm offers insurance cover for third parties. If you are shipping a highly valuable car, it is advisable to also ensure you seek insurance for it individually. It is also important to do some research and find out if the company is licensed to ship to Australia and has some experience doing so. Check the company’s ratings to get an idea of its performance. When seeking Australia International Moving Services, request for estimates of the cost of shipping and match this with the type of service they provide.
Our Australia international moving services
- Packing/unpacking: We have packing supplies that make the move easy.
- Commercial moving: It is our business to help your business move and settle down quickly in Australia.
- Office moves: We can assist you to relocate your office and facilitate an easy transition.
- Apartment moves: Settling into your new home should be stress-free and we help you achieve this.
- Planning and preparation: We know time is essential when making an international move and help you to plan and prepare for the big move.
- Visa and immigration services: When moving to Australia, there are a number of visa entry requirements and we offer guidance on how to go about this.
- Housing assistance: Moving from house-to-house need not break your back. Our team is dedicated to help you have a smooth transition.
- Family services: We know that an international move for the family is a big deal and we can handle the small and big details around this.
- Auto transport services: Moving your automobile in a safe and reliable way is what you are looking for and that is exactly what we offer. We are also familiar with the requirements to ship a car to Australia and can guide you, from start to finish.
- Australia container shipping: learn more
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
When looking for a firm that offers Australia International Moving Services, you want one that has stood the test of time and is the best compared to the rest. We at A-1 Auto Transport meet the cut. We have experience that is over a period of two decades and a reliable and professional team that does their best to ensure that your expectations will be met and exceeded. Our support team is also accessible at all hours. We offer you the most competitive prices and are ready to give you a quote for free – with no attached obligations.
Make the right move!
Please fill-out the form at the top of the page and you will be one step away from making the right move. We are also just a phone call away and are available 24/7 at 888-509-3213 to answer your queries or act on your requests. You can also get in touch using the contact details included here.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.