- Argentina International Moving Services
- How Much Does It Cost To Move To Argentina?
- Packing And Unpacking
- International Shipping
- Moving To Argentina Cost & Time Examples
- Will You Pay Duties On Your Household Goods?
- What Paperwork Will You Need?
- Clearing Your Vehicle Through Customs
- Tips On How To Make Your International Move Easier
- Why You Need A Professional Moving Company When Relocating Overseas
- How To Find The Best International Moving Company
- Our Argentina International Moving Services
- Why A-1 Auto Transport?
- Get In Touch
Argentina International Moving Services
Planning to move south and relocate to Argentina? Definitely, moving to another country has some appeal to it. However, the moving process by itself is very challenging. Not only is it mentally and physically straining, it is also time-consuming and may have frustrating outcomes if you decide to handle it alone. Then there are the numerous rules and regulations to be followed not forgetting that some countries have very rigorous immigration requirements.
How Much Does It Cost to Move to Argentina?
The cost of moving internationally to Argentina can range anywhere from $2,000 - $12,000 depending on a variety of factors such as the size of move, total distance, route, transportation method, and current market trends.
In addition to the size of the house being emptied for shipment, various factors determine the cost of transporting household possessions to Argentina. It costs between $3800 and $8800 to ship a two-bedroom house to Argentina.
The size of the house is not the only consideration. Among the considerations are packing and unpacking, hiring an immigration lawyer, and shipping overseas.
Packing and Unpacking
There are moving companies that charge for packing and unpacking, but not all of them. This may be required of you if you are migrating to a foreign country. For international shipments, clearance must be obtained. This necessitates the moving firm to ensure that no illegal items are being delivered, as well as vouching for the imported products.
Because of this, many movers insist on packing and unpacking themselves. These movers wish to avoid being penalized for shipping illegal products. Additional charges may result from this service. If the firm allows you to pack your own items because you don't want to shell out money, you will still need to purchase packing supplies.
There may be a lot of confusion and difficulty in understanding the documents required for international relocation. For this reason, many people seek legal counsel. These types of documents are handled by attorneys. They have extensive experience handling them, so the process can move much more quickly and smoothly. This service is not free, however. Realistically, depending on where you live and if the lawyer charges by the hour or by the case, a decent lawyer is rather costly.
There is a great deal of planning that goes into moving your possessions across international borders. Putting stuff into a truck is not the only step in the process. The shipping process will be successful if you work with an experienced international moving company. International shipping will be one of your most costly charges. Costs can range between $1,000 and $10,000.
Moving to Argentina Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Rosario||$3,600- $6,000||$6,800- $11,100||4-6 weeks|
|New York to Rosario||$3,600- $6,000||$6,800- $11,200||4-6 weeks|
|LA to Bs As||$3,800- $6,300||$7,000- $11,600||4-8 weeks|
|Charlotte to Bs As||$3,800- $6,300||$7,000- $11,600||4-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Bs As||$3,800- $6,400||$7,200- $11,700||4-6 weeks|
|Portland to Bs As||$3,900- $6,600||$7,400- $12,200||4-8 weeks|
|Columbus to Bs As||$4,200- $6,900||$7,700- $12,600||4-6 weeks|
|Memphis to Bs As||$4,200- $6,900||$7,700- $12,600||4-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Córdoba||$4,900- $8,100||$9,100- $14,800||4-8 weeks|
|Indianapolis to Córdoba||$4,900- $8,200||$9,100- $15,000||4-6 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
It is due to these reasons that many people seek the services of professional international movers and preferably those who also handle shipping of vehicles.
Will you pay duties on your household goods?
If you have a permanent residence visa, then you’re permitted to import used household belongings into Argentina without paying any duty. This is good news, as duty can be a significant cost during an international move. There are a few prerequisites you must follow, however, to receive duty exemption on your shipment.
First, you must have owned and used these goods for a minimum of the last 12 months. Second, you must import your shipment no later than six months after you enter the country (unless you request a special permit) (1).
What paperwork will you need?
The list of required paperwork is long, and it begins with your passport. In your passport should be a stamped statement, which alerts customs that you have a shipment of household belongings coming (called the Manifiesta Esperar Equipaje No Acompanado). You’ll also need to show customs your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill, and a special insurance policy if you just have a temporary visa (called a caution policy) (2).
Clearing your vehicle through customs
If you’re importing your personal motor vehicle into the country, you will pay import duty on it. You’re only permitted to bring in one vehicle per adult - and two vehicles total for your family. It also appears that you must become a permanent resident of Argentina, to be permitted to import a motor vehicle on a long-term basis (3).
In addition to some of the same paperwork required for your shipment of household goods, you’ll need to present documentation related to your vehicle. This includes the title and purchase invoice (which has been stamped by the Argentine consulate in your origin country). Short-term importation is possible if you just have a temporary visa, but you’ll need a temporary admission form to do so (4).
There are many more regulations and documents required, so again you should contact customs to learn more.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Early preparation: Due to the complexity of moving abroad, most professional movers advise their clients to start preparations 90 days prior to the day of moving. This helps you avoid the last minute handling of things which can cause delays, especially, with customs departments.
- Visa and passport: You need a visa and a passport when moving to Argentina. So, when looking for Argentina International Moving Services, start by finding-out if there is a mover that offers assistance in applying for these documents. You could also conduct an online research on visa requirements by visiting the Embassy of Argentina’s website. And apply for a passport through the US Government. Also, find out if you need any other documents such as a work permit.
- Find a good shipping company: To find a good mover, first, search the internet. You could also ask for recommendations from friends and family. Make sure you look at factors such as costs, and whether these companies are licensed and have insurance that covers damage on belongings.
- Save money: Obviously, you will need money during this entire process and when you do get to your new destination. It is therefore prudent to put some finances aside to cater for your moving costs and upkeep once you relocate.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-241-3110 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
As we have found out, international moving is a complex task. In fact, it is very strenuous and time-consuming. There are many rules and regulations to be followed, as well as applications that need to be made. Honestly, an individual cannot handle all these components all alone.
That is where professional movers come in. They have the required expertise and have the right tools for the job. Because they are professionals, they also ensure that your belongings are handled with care and arrive safely at your destination. As they take care of all these logistical challenges, you end up enjoying a hassle-free moving experience.
How to find the best international moving company
Definitely, there are dozens of moving companies but you need to find just one reliable one. While looking for Argentina International Moving Services, begin by searching the internet. Next, ask for recommendations from friends and family. Get a list of companies and consider the following:
- Ensure that the company that you will select is licensed and has insurance that covers for damage.
- Choose a company that has achieved high service standards by attaining accreditations.
- Compare different rates and estimates and choose the company that offers a good package at an affordable rate.
- Read customer reviews on the respective companies’ websites. The more the positive reviews than negative ones, the better the company.
Our Argentina international moving services
We offer the following:
- Packing/unpacking: Leave the packing and unpacking of your valuables to us.
- Apartment moves: We will help you move between rental apartments.
- Corporate moves: We handle the moving of offices and businesses.
- Planning and preparation: We will give you helpful information that will get you ready for the day of moving.
- Visa and immigration: We will help you to apply for Argentina visa and immigration services.
- Housing assistance: We will help you to find suitable housing.
- Family services: We will also help you to find family services such as schools and health centers.
- Auto transport: We also handle the international shipping of cars.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have been in this industry for more than 30 years and have helped thousands of people to relocate abroad. So, it does not matter what your destination is, we will get you there. With our vast knowledge and information regarding moving abroad, you can rest assured that whatever question you have will be answered.
Get in touch
If you are planning to relocate to Argentina, kindly contact our experts on our toll-free number 888-241-3110. Also, do not forget to fill-in the form at the top of this page to get free estimates of our services.
(1) Found on Moverscom “Customs Regulations - Argentina” page.
(3) Found on Atlas Int’l “Importing Personal Property Into Argentina” page.