Deliver Your House Stress Free and Have Peace of Mind
- Compare rates for shipping to or from Antigua and Barbuda
- Licensed, bonded and insured carriers near you
- Award winning service, always on time
- Get instant quotes using our form, or call now 1-888-509-3213
Antigua and Barbuda International Moving Services
Planning to move to Antigua and Barbuda? Moving abroad has never been an easy task. Especially, if you are left to do it on your own, you might just have to forget the whole affair. As a result, most people have opted for professional moving services. Indeed, professional movers provide the much-needed expertise making moving hassle-free. We are an international moving company that will help you with just that and we also handle international auto transport.
Moving to Antigua and Barbuda Cost & Time Examples
|Boston to St John’s||$2,800- $4,900||$5,400- $8,900||3-5 weeks|
|New York to St John’s||$2,800- $4,900||$5,400- $8,900||3-5 weeks|
|Jacksonville to St John’s||$3,200- $5,300||$5,900- $9,600||3-5 weeks|
|Seattle to St John’s||$3,200- $5,400||$6,000- $10,000||3-6 weeks|
|Los Angeles to St John’s||$3,200- $5,500||$6,200- $10,100||3-6 weeks|
|Dallas to St John’s||$3,300- $5,600||$6,300- $10,300||3-5 weeks|
|Memphis to St John’s||$3,700- $6,200||$6,700- $11,000||3-5 weeks|
|Chicago to St John’s||$3,900- $6,400||$7,100- $11,700||3-5 weeks|
|Phoenix to St John’s||$4,000- $6,700||$7,300- $12,200||3-6 weeks|
|Denver to St John’s||$5,300- $8,900||$9,600- $15,900||3-6 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs – 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs – 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs – 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs – 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs – 19500 lbs
Import duties on household items
Unfortunately, there’s no mention of import duty exemption being offered by Antigua and Barbuda at this time. That means you should expect to pay the full rate, which stands at 78.25%. This is levied against the combined amount of your shipment’s value (as determined by customs), the cost for shipping and insurance.
Import regulations on household items
Permission is required before shipping any goods to Antigua and Barbuda. You can obtain this from the consulate in your country of origin, prior to sending your shipment. More regulations apply – so you should contact customs to learn what rules you’ll need to abide by, when importing your goods to the islands.
Import paperwork for household items
Clearance of your shipment through customs can’t be authorized without the appropriate documentation. You’ll need to show your passport, Bill of Lading or Air Waybill and a valued inventory for your shipment. Other paperwork is required, so again consult customs for a comprehensive list.
Import duties on your vehicle
Sadly, duty exemption does not appear to be offered – and the rates charged by customs are quite expensive. If your vehicle is 1,999 cc’s in power or under, then you can expect to pay 92.25%. If your vehicle is more powerful, then the rate goes up somewhat to 112.5%. Keep in mind, these rates are levied on the combined amount of the vehicle’s value, cost for shipping and insurance (termed the CIF value).
You’ll also need to submit the correct paperwork, when bringing your personal motor vehicle into the country. There isn’t space to discuss the necessary documentation here, but you can speak to customs to learn more.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Plan ahead: When you have decided to move overseas, it is important to plan early. Indeed, this will help you go through your checklist and ensure that everything is in place. Also, it helps to avoid the last minute rush and delays with customs.
- Find a good shipping company: It is important to search the web and ask friends for recommendations. Make sure you get at least three reputable movers. Once you have selected them, compare factors such as customer reviews, pricing, and whether the companies are licensed.
- Visa and passport: Moving abroad requires that you get a visa and a passport. When looking for Antigua and Barbuda International moving services, find out in advance what type of visa you need. In Antigua and Barbuda, you will need a residency permit that is valid for three years. Later, you can apply for permanent residency. These services are availed at various consulates that can be accessed here. Additionally, ensure that you apply for a passport from the US Government.
- Do research: Try to get all the information you need about your destination. Apart from researching about the moving company, search the web for information regarding local languages, cities, laws, and customs. Online forums will be a good start since you will interact with people who are there or have been there before.
Why you need an international moving company when relocating overseas
For obvious reasons, professional is better than doing anything by yourself. When looking for moving services, you need someone who has experience in packing and moving belongings overseas. Also, professional moving companies will take care of your goods, especially, if there are fragile ones.
Moreover, a professional mover will save you time and give you overall peace of mind.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best international moving company
You can do a Google search to find a reputable moving company near you. Also, you can seek recommendations from friends. While looking for Antigua and Barbuda international moving services, kindly consider the following:
- Browse the respective company websites for customer reviews.
- Ensure that you choose a moving company that is licensed.
- Compare the rates and estimates of different movers to find the one that offers you the best deal.
- Ask about the departure and arrival durations to find out which company will get your belongings on time.
- Ask if the company has insurance that covers for damaged goods during transportation.
Our Antigua and Barbuda international moving services
We offer the following:
- Packing/unpacking: We help with loading your belongings for transport, and also help with offloading.
- Commercial moving: We help with moving offices and businesses including their assets.
- Apartment moves: We help with moving your belongings between rental apartments.
- Planning and preparation: We provide useful information needed for moving; this includes keeping a checklist of things that need to be done.
- Visa and immigration services: We assist with visa application and help in applying for immigration to Antigua and Barbuda.
- Housing assistance: We help with finding and locating suitable housing.
- Family services: We assist in finding and locating family services such as laundry and gardening.
- Auto transport services: We also provide professional services in international shipping of cars.
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
We have been in operation for more than 30 years. We therefore, have a lot of experience in international moving. We take pride in having helped thousands of people relocate abroad. Whether you want to move after retirement, or just want a change of environment, we have got you covered. Indeed, we have all the information and resources you will need when moving abroad.
Get in touch
If you want to relocate from the US to Antigua and Barbuda, we are the perfect international moving company for you. Talk to us by contacting our experts on our toll-free number 888-509-3213. Also, if you want to receive free estimates of our services; kindly do not forget to fill the form at the top of this page.