Angola International Moving Services
Uprooting your life, as you know it now, and relocating to Angola would be a rather stressful process. In fact, without the assistance of a moving firm, you are bound to feel overwhelmed even before you start. The smart thing to do is rely on moving professionals who are reputable and offer international moving services. Ideally, the company you settle for should also offer auto-shipping services.
Moving to Angola Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to N'dalatando||$3,800- $6,400||$7,200- $11,800||4-7 weeks|
|Houston to Luanda||$3,800- $6,400||$7,200- $11,800||4-7 weeks|
|Detroit to Luanda||$4,000- $6,800||$7,600- $12,500||4-7 weeks|
|San Diego to Luanda||$4,200- $7,000||$7,900- $13,000||5-8 weeks|
|Seattle to N'dalatando||$4,200- $7,000||$7,900- $13,000||5-8 weeks|
|Portland to Luanda||$4,300- $7,200||$8,100- $13,300||5-8 weeks|
|Atlanta to N'dalatando||$4,300- $7,200||$8,100- $13,300||4-7 weeks|
|Chicago to Luanda||$4,600- $7,700||$8,600- $14,100||4-7 weeks|
|Memphis to N'dalatando||$4,600 - $7,700||$8,600 - $14,100||4-7 weeks|
|Denver to Luanda||$6,100- $10,000||$11,200- $18,500||5-9 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Will you pay any import duties?
As long as your household belongings have been both owned and used by you for a minimum of the last six months - you won’t pay any duty to bring them into Angola. You’ll also need to establish your ownership of these items, and have your paperwork filed a full 3 weeks before your shipment enters port. Also, if the total CIF value of your goods is over $10,000 - then a 2% tax will apply (even for duty-exempt shipments) (1).
Will you need any paperwork?
When relocating to a foreign country like Angola, you’ll need to have the required paperwork to be processed by customs. This includes a packing list written in Portuguese, and two copies of either your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill. You’ll also need to submit a valued inventory, and your Work Visa (or Ministry “parecer”). Your passport and a Loading Certificate (if your goods are being shipped over the water) should also be provided (2).
Will you pay any import duties on your vehicle?
If you’ll be importing your vehicle into Angola permanently, then duty exemption won’t be possible. You’ll be required to pay between 40 - 45% of the combined amount of the vehicle’s value, the costs for freight and insurance (CIF).
However, you are allowed to import a vehicle for two years (with a one year extension sometimes being granted), without paying duty. Termed temporary importation, you’ll have to place a bond deposit for the full amount of the applicable duties - but this will be refunded when you take the vehicle back out of the country. You should also know, that only vehicles manufactured more than three years ago, are eligible for importation into Angola (3).
Will you need any paperwork for your vehicle?
Various documents are required when importing your vehicle, including your freight invoice and pre-shipment inspection paperwork. You’ll also need your passport and visa, along with a valued inventory and Original Bill of Lading. A CNCS (or Loading Certificate) must also be presented to customs (4).
Many other regulations and filing requirements apply to both your shipment of household goods and your vehicle. For a more complete picture of what you’ll need before moving, contact customs for more information.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
- Preparation: Having everything scheduled will give you time to put everything in order.
- Get your travel documents ready: Conduct research to know what documents are needed as you prepare to move. You can get this information from the immigration department .
- Look for a professional moving company: You do not have to go through the tiring process of relocation all by yourself. A professional firm can make this a stress-free experience from start to finish.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
They have information that is vital for your move. They will, for example, advice on applying for travel documents and give you tips on packing to save space and cost. A professional mover will carry the burden on your behalf. You will not need to worry about any of the logistics once they are on-board.
How to find the best international moving company
When searching for Angola International Moving Services, you must weed out the quacks from genuine moving firms. Only settle for a company that is duly registered with the Angolan authorities and who have a current permit of operation. The moving company should also have sufficient links with other service providers, such as insurance firms.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Angola International Moving Services
We offer a variety of services:
- Packing/unpacking: We will help you pack your items before moving for ease in movement and when delivered, we will ensure that we have unpacked for you and help you settle.
- Commercial moving: Whatever your business, we have the expertise and equipment to ensure your move is done safely and efficiently. We are the best international moving company who will assure you of a safe, stress-free process.
- Office moves: If you are wondering who can help you to safely move your office items and help you settle in Angola, wonder no more. Our team is well-trained to meet your needs.
- Apartment moves: No matter how high your new apartment block is or the car pack size or how steep the stairs, we will take the burden and ensure you reach your destination in the most hassle-free way possible.
- Planning and preparation: As part of our Angola International Moving Services we will help you plan your journey and assist you get everything ready in time for the move.
- Visa and immigration services: Visa application and getting other documents from the department of immigration does not have to be stressful for you. We will walk you through the process.
- Housing assistance: Do not worry about where you will stay or where to keep your valuables. Our team is on the ground to prepare for you a house where you can stay and secure storage facilities for your luggage.
- Family services: Want to move your loved ones abroad without any hassle? We have the experience to make this happen and the expertise to ensure that you and your family reach your destination safely.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have been in the moving industry for over 20 years and can therefore offer you professional Angola International Moving Services. When you hire us, you will have peace of mind because we will do literally everything for you at an affordable cost. We are certified by the Angolan authorities and have permits of operation in the country as well as other countries of the world. We also have a presence in nearly all parts of the world with offices and agents located in major capital cities. Our team is made up of experts in the field of moving. We have a powerful customer experience team that is well-trained and that is highly motivated to serve you.
Call us today
You don’t have to go through hell when relocating internationally. We have the skill, experience and the right equipment to assure you of a safe delivery. Whatever your query or need, we are here to assist you. Call us today on 888-509-3213 or contact us here. Do also fill-out the form at the top of this page. Once we have your details, our agents – who are available 24/7 – will get back to you.