Algeria International Moving Services
Moving a car in or out of Algeria comes with its challenges. This is one of the countries with strict regulations on import and export of cars. You need a professional mover to handle all the details for you to avoid penalties, delays and in the worst cases, confiscation. This is just one aspect of what makes international moving so complicated. If changes in your life require you to relocate, be sure to partner with a reliable company that offers international moving services.
Moving to Algeria Cost & Time Examples
|Miami to Algiers||$3,400- $5,600||$6,200- $10,400||4-6 weeks|
|Detroit to Algiers||$3,800- $6,200||$7,000- $11,600||4-6 weeks|
|Dallas to Algiers||$3,800- $6,400||$7,200- $11,700||4-6 weeks|
|Atlanta to Boumerdes||$3,900- $6,500||$7,200- $11,800||4-6 weeks|
|San Jose to Algiers||$3,900- $6,600||$7,500- $12,400||5-8 weeks|
|Seattle to Boumerdes||$3,900- $6,600||$7,500- $12,400||5-8 weeks|
|Columbus to Algiers||$4,200- $6,900||$7,700- $12,700||4-6 weeks|
|Portland to Boumerdes||$4,200- $7,000||$7,900- $13,000||5-8 weeks|
|Chicago to Boumerdes||$4,300- $7,300||$8,100- $13,300||4-6 weeks|
|Las Vegas to Algiers||$4,400- $7,400||$8,500- $13,800||5-8 weeks|
*Please note that these estimates do not include taxes, customs fees & duties, insurance & quarantine inspections. They assume easy access to both pick up and drop-off addresses and do not allow for special items such as pianos.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Household belongings and import duties
You’re permitted to import one shipment via sea and one via air, without paying any duty upon them. This is provided that these shipments contain used household items, and that the total value of the goods isn’t more than €20,000. You’re also required to own and use these belongings, for at least the last six months. Upon leaving the country, you also must take these items with you. Finally, you must import your goods within the time limit for duty exemption - though the exact length isn’t listed (1).
Household belongings and import regulations
There isn’t space here to cover the extensive list of import regulations imposed by Algerian customs. For example, all of your paperwork must be written in French and you must obtain a radiation certificate from the Algerian consulate in your origin country before leaving (2). To discover all the regulations you’ll need to follow, contact Algerian customs to learn more.
Household belongings and import paperwork
You’ll need to provide a slew of paperwork when trying to clear your shipment through customs. This includes your passport, packing list, Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill and Resident Permit (or application receipt). You also must visit the Algerian consulate in your origin country, and obtain a Change of Residence Certificate. A valued inventory must also be presented, which has been valued, signed and stamped by the Algerian consulate in your country of origin (3).
This isn’t close to being a full list of all the paperwork needed to clear customs - so speak with Algerian customs to learn which documents you’ll need to prepare.
Importing your vehicle
Though the exact amount isn’t enumerated, reputable sources state that onerous taxes and duties are levied on vehicle imports. In addition, Algeria has a strange limitation - only permitting vehicles with 10HP or less to be imported. Since nearly all vehicles have much more horsepower, this effectively bans the import of traditional cars, trucks and SUVs into Algeria (4).
If you’re able to receive exemption from this power requirement, then you’ll need to submit some documentation. This includes an inventory with the vehicle’s value listed and your Original Bill of Lading or Air Waybill (5). See here for a more complete list.
Such a firm should also be able to ship your car, and other household items, without breaking a sweat.
Tips on how to make your international move easier
If you have never moved in or out of Algeria, you might not be aware of how unique and complicated the process can be. Nevertheless, a few tips will help you make informed decisions:
- Plan your move: Set a date and give yourself ample time to work on your passport, visa application, export or import permits, and any other document.
- Pay for duties or taxes in advance: Get all the travel documents ready and clear any dues with the immigration department.
- Packing: Ensure your items have been reduced to small bits that are easily movable.
- Seek professional help: Moving is a very involving affair especially to a country like Algeria. Having assistance for your Algeria International Moving Services will make the process that much easier.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you need a professional moving company when relocating overseas
A professional moving company will:
- Advice and assist you get the travel documents required to move.
- Assist you get the requisite insurance cover for you and your valuables.
- Safely pick and deliver your belongings without causing damages.
How to find the best international moving company
There are a number of factors you should look into when looking to hire a moving company. One of these is that you need to partner with a service provider who has been in business for enough years and served a good number of customers. The company should be duly certified to transact business within all countries under their operation. A company that offers Algeria International Moving Services should provide you with a comprehensive insurance cover.
Our Algeria international moving services
This is what our package caters for:
- Office moving services: Moving office equipment requires expertise to ensure that everything is picked and dropped carefully and the office is arranged as required. Our team is well trained to handle this.
- Packing/unpacking: This involves reducing your luggage into smaller, more manageable bits that will make picking and dropping easy. It also entails arranging your items properly in crates and boxes to avoid damage or breakages.
- Commercial moving: Whether you want to import cars for sale or other automobiles, we have the best shipping services. Enjoy our affordable rates with free inquiries online.
- Apartment moves: Moving from an apartment to another, from a dormitory, a condominium or a town house, we will take the stairs and manage the challenging parking to ensure that we pack, pick, drop and unpack safely.
- Planning and preparation: We will help you plan your time, the route and destination. We will advise you on what you need as you move.
- Visa and immigration services: Getting a visa can be a daunting task especially for a beginner. Our staff will ensure you get everything you need.
- Housing assistance: You have arrived at your destination and have no idea where to stay. We have everything mapped out for you and will advise you on the best places to stay. We go before you, secure a house and storage facilities for your luggage.
- Family services: You want to move your family abroad but wonder how possible it is, we will offer them a home-away-from-home experience.
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
A-1 Auto Transport has presence in many countries all over the world with offices and agents strategically located in the main cities. It is our policy to walk with the customer from conception of the moving idea and preparation to the actual move and settling into the new destination. With us, you have peace of mind and can enjoy a stress-free relocation experience all thanks to our well-trained staff. We have been doing this for over 20 years so you can rely on our expertise.
To get the best Algeria International Moving Services, call us on 888-509-3213 or contact us using the details provided here. Do also fill-out the form at the top of this page and one of our representatives will get in touch with you.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.