How to Move Overseas Air Freight?
Shipping by air freight is the most expensive way to move your household items, especially overseas. The cost of this method of transport is often too expensive for most individuals to afford. However, despite its higher cost, it is the quickest, safest and most efficient way to ship your belongings to another nation.
Not all transport companies and movers offer air freight services. If you desire to ship your goods to your new location overseas by air, make sure you use the Internet to find the most reputable and least expensive companies with this service. They should have all the right qualities including good reviews, BBB approval, the proper licensing, and a variety of services at the most decent rates for this type of shipping method.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods internationally. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Preparing for International Air Shipping
Before you start packing up your home and getting ready for your move, you must first get familiar with the country’s import laws. You can call the embassy of the nation you’re moving to to find out what goods are permitted into their borders and what you must leave behind. In fact, it’s best to leave as much behind as possible so that the total of your air freight costs are much less.
- Package all good according to the air freight carrier’s instructions and standards. Label boxes and pack using the right materials.
- Prepare all the proof requested and show the documentation to Customs to gain the certificate for import approval.
- All breakables must be packed snuggly using bubble wrap, packing peanuts, foam sheets, etc. Label the box as “Fragile.”
- Keep all personal or valuable items with you for the move.
- Write out an inventory list so that you can keep track of all your belongings. Having a checklist is also a great way to keep organized during an overseas relocation.
- Custom crating might be necessary for vehicles and other large pieces such as pianos and furniture. Check the requirements for packing these items. They may need to be shipped on a pallet or in a crate.
If you have items you would like to ship yet you don’t need right away, you may want to consider having them shipped by boat. This type of overseas shipping is less costly and just as efficient. Of course, you’ll need to provide certain documentation for this transport method as well
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.