- What The Process Looks Like
- Why You Should Hire A Professional Moving Team
- A-1 Auto Transport Brings Experience And Quality
Making the jump from Switzerland to Germany is more and more appealing for many Swiss citizens. The culture shock concerns aren’t as great since both countries share a lot of similarities, and German life is relatively a lot cheaper than in Switzerland.
Here’s everything you need to know about moving from Switzerland To Germany.
What the Process Looks like
First, as a Swiss citizen, you do not need a visa to move to and work in Germany, but you do have to apply for a residence permit from the Aliens Authority in Germany. The good news is that each city has its own Aliens Authority, and you can apply for a residence permit even after you enter the country.
As for shipping your belongings, Germany doesn’t ask for traditional import taxes for household goods intended for personal use, but it doesn’t mean German customs officials won’t inspect your cargo.
To make sure your items are cleared, you will need to provide:
- Copy of your ID, passport, and residence permit if you have it;
- And inventory where you list all the items you are bringing into the country;
- A signed declaration mentioning that everything you are importing is for personal use, not commercial;
- Any proof to show you own the items, especially tech items like computers (such as receipts, bills, etc.)
- If you’re importing your car as well, you will need proof of ownership, the license and registration, and proof of insurance as well. Remember to add your vehicle to your inventory as well.
Why You Should Hire a Professional Moving Team
Moving from one house to another can be a lengthy process filled with many challenges and small frustrations. For your own peace of mind, it’s a lot easier to hire a professional container shipping company that can take care of everything for you.
For instance, here are the types of services A-1 Auto Transport brings to the table:
- A-Z moving and shipping - our clients can choose from a diverse array of services, from packing to moving, and even door-to-door delivery;
- Expedited shipping - perfect if you need to ship your items fast and can’t afford to wait around;
- Vintage or high-value item shipping - these require special tools and care, and our teams are well equipped to handle these requirements;
- Extensive vehicle shipping services - regular cars, motorcycles, or vintage pieces; A1 Auto Transport has the right tools to handle different types of vehicles safely!
If you want to learn more about how we can help, don’t hesitate to get in touch.
A-1 Auto Transport Brings Experience and Quality
A-1 Auto Transport is one of the most well-known shipping and moving companies globally, with a reputation for always striving for the best possible results.
If you need help moving from Switzerland To Germany, reach out to our international movers team for a free quote and more information.