Timing your move can be critical, especially with school aged children to think about. Unfortunately, not everyone can move during the summer and this is also the busy season for most moving companies. That means many families might need to think about moving during the school year. Here are some tips for successfully conducting such a move.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Preparation For Moving.
Kids come to know and feel comfortable in their school. They have friends, know the layout of the buildings and even like some of their teachers. Leaving a school can be difficult. This familiarity has also helped them to form an attachment, making it more difficult and challenging to leave. With this in mind, here are some steps to take in order to make the preparation easier on everyone:
- Provide as much notice as possible: Giving them enough time to prepare is key. This way, they can work through the emotional stages of grief and eventually come to accept this change.
- Obtain all needed documents and information: Always speak with their teachers to see what they have been studying and what they will be learning in the future. This can help you to prepare them academically. You should also set about obtaining all academic records, transcripts and transfer documents that might bee needed.
Finding New Schools.
The next step for such a move is to find great schools for your children. Obviously, with younger kids, the actual physical location of your home will determine which school will be attended. However, older children might have more of a choice when it comes to high school attendance. By doing your research, you might be better able to find a new home in a great school district as well.
Once you have found a new school, contact them and discuss the process of enrolling your kids. This is meant to help the transition go as smooth as possible. Discuss what they had been learning prior to the move and then learn about options in terms of classes and programs in order to make everything as seamless as possible.
Your kids may need various levels of help and coaching during the process of transitioning to a new school. Possibly consider using a tutor (in many cases, the school may be able to provide one), especially if the new school is ahead of where the old school was in terms of their coursework. In fact, by checking with both schools and set of teachers, you might even be able to coordinate this so there is very little, if any, overlap when changing schools.
The very best time for moving during the school year might be over a break or vacation. This could mean a holiday or maybe teacher conference or break. This makes it less stressful and there is even less down time.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?