Anyone who has ever moved will tell you that just because a professional company has been hired you cannot afford to sit back and do nothing. In fact, your main task is going to be organizing and supervising all of the activity and traffic flow that will be happening in your house during that interesting time known as ‘moving day.’ Here are some tips and tricks to help you prepare for the movers arrival.
Prepare Your Home
You will be having a lot of people walking through your home. This means that things must be prepared and protected in order to assure nothing is hurt or damaged. Consider:
- Plastic protectors: These should be placed on doorways and any corners in order to protect them from scratches and dents.
- Carpets & Floors: You certainly don’t want the floors to become scuffed or otherwise damaged. Put down some old throw rugs or even consider using heavy cardboard to cover key and high traffic areas. They can be attached with heavy tape.
- Prepare for bad weather: If the move is occurring in the winter, be sure to clear and salt down all sidewalks, walkways and your driveway.
Plan The Day’s Schedule
This day will be hectic, confusing and frustrating. However, staying organized and having a plan or guide to follow can help things to go much more smoothly. Know when the movers will show up and make sure that all of your packed (and ready to go) boxes are close to the door will help things go more quickly.
Make sure to keep your kids and pets out of the way as well. Maybe even consider having someone watch the little ones and put the dog or cat in a cleared out room, with the exception of some of their toys and favorite items, during the move. Know all of these details ahead of time and the move will go much smoother and faster.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
Walk Through Before Movers Arrive
Once you think you are just about ready, conduct a quick walk-through of your home. This way you can double check the inventory list and all of your boxes. If you have forgotten to pack or load anything, the idea is that this check will catch it…while you still have just enough time to fix it.
This is also the perfect time to make sure everyone else on your team is ready. They should know their positions and what you want them to do while the movers start taking things out and loading up the truck.
You can never be too thorough in your moving day preparation, but following these guidelines will ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory