- Moving Companies That Move Out of State
- Do Local Movers Provide Out of State Moving Services?
- State To State Moving Tips & Advice
- Cheap Moving Rates & Time To Move Examples
Moving Companies That Move Out of State
Local moving companies can be found in every medium sized city across the U.S.—you probably even have a few in your city. But what do you do when you need an out of state moving company? Is a local mover capable of handling long distance moves as well? In this article, we aim to answer these questions, as well as several others that you may have if you plan to move from one state to another.
Do Local Movers Provide Out of State Moving Services?
The short answer to this is yes, many if not most moving companies can help you with an out of state move. That doesn’t necessarily mean they are the best option for state to state moving services, but the vast majority of moving companies cater to customers needing local moving help, as well as those moving to another state. The problem with hiring a local mover for a long distance move is that they may not have the experience or a large enough network of moving trucks to do the job effectively. Think about this way: if a local moving company has eight trucks and only two of them are large enough to move the furniture that would fill out a three bedroom house, they might have difficulty coordinating an out of state move as it would hinder their ability to handle all the local moving requests they receive. This is one reason why it’s helpful to search for a larger, more established moving company for long distance and state to state moving.
Another consideration is the availability of storage facilities. Almost every moving company has the ability to arrange for storage with an affiliate or a storage company in the area you’re moving to, but not all of them maintain their own storage units. With a nationwide moving company that has a presence in major cities across the U.S., it’s much more likely that they’ll be able to house your belongings in their own units without the need to enlist outside help. A company that maintains their own storage units prevents communication gaps that you might encounter when having to deal with a third party that’s storing your furniture and belongings.
A-1 Auto Transport is a nationwide moving company with offices, trucks, and storage units in almost every major city in the U.S. We have years of experience providing professional, efficient moving help at affordable prices and we are happy to offer FREE price quotes to all interested parties! Call us today at 888-241-3110 if you’d like a FREE estimate today, or if you have just have questions about our services! All price quotes are FREE and require no commitment or payment!
State To State Moving Tips & Advice
When you hire a moving company, just like any other service you pay for, there are some best practices you should institute to ensure that you get what you pay for and that there are no hang-ups along the way. Here are some of the most important guidelines to follow and things to keep in mind when you need an out of state moving company.
- Licensing: One of the most important things you need to check before you even contact a prospective moving company is that they are properly licensed. By law, movers have to maintain a current license with the U.S. Department of Transportation as well as the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, but that doesn’t mean they all do. Check the status of their license before you partner with any mover to protect yourself from scams and fraud, which you can do here.
- Give Yourself Time: One of the biggest problems that people encounter when moving is that they try to cram everything into a short window of time. Start planning and packing several weeks out and, if possible, start researching moving companies. You’ll thank yourself when moving day arrives.
- Purge the Excess: We tend to find out that we have a lot of things we can do without when we move and it’s extremely helpful to rid yourself of items you won’t need or use in your new home. Having a garage sale is always advisable, as well as donating items you can’t sell. Moving is a great time to remove the clutter from your life and you’ll be glad you did when it’s time to move.
- Least Used Items First: A great way to get ahead of your moving checklist is to pack the least necessary items first. If you’re moving during summer, pack up your winter clothes; if you’ve got holiday decorations, get those taken care of too. The more you can take care of early on, the less you’ll have to take care of later.
Cheap Moving Rates & Time To Move Examples
|To / From||Distance||Cost (2 BR)||Cost (3 BR)||Cost (4 BR)||Estimated Time In Transit|
|Prescott, AZ to Cobb Town, AL||1519 miles||$2,982 – $4,044||$4,987 – $6,992||$6,992 – $10,674||5 - 7 days|
|Tanque Verde, AZ to Baltimore, MD||1960 miles||$3,528 – $4,508||$5,096 – $6,272||$6,664 – $7,840||5 - 7 days|
|Austin, TX to Carmichael, CA||1454 miles||$3,891 – $4,956||$5,902 – $7,913||$7,913 – $11,607||4 - 6 days|
|Philadelphia, PA to Northglenn, CO||1731 miles||$3,115 - $3,808||$4,154 - $4,673||$5,539 - $6,404||5 - 7 days|
|Las Vegas, NV to Mableton, GA||1733 miles||$4,338 – $5,508||$6,548 – $8,754||$8,754 – $12,813||5 - 7 days|
|Rupert, ID to Honesdale, PA||1957 miles||$3,576 – $4,818||$5,922 – $8,263||$8,263 – $12,573||5 - 7 days|
|Mishawaka, IN to Miami, FL||1149 miles||$2,068 – $2,642||$2,987 – $3,676||$3,906 – $4,596||4 - 6 days|
|Hugoton, KS to Sayreville, NJ||1465 miles||$3,665 – $4,755||$5,726 – $7,786||$7,786 – $11,379||4 - 6 days|
|Harvey, LA to Toltec, AZ||1282 miles||$2,746 – $3,737||$3,777 – $5,890||$5,991 – $8,545||4 - 6 days|
|Flatwoods, KY to San Antonio, TX||1096 miles||$3,539 – $4,492||$5,340 – $7,143||$7,143 – $10,448||4 - 6 days|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and other factors.