- Align Your Certifications And Education To The German Requirements
- Where Would You Like To Move?
- The Cost Of Relocating To Germany From The Uk
- Are You Ready To Go Home To Germany?
Moving back to their home country from the UK in the aftermath of Brexit seems to be a more and more common choice for Germans. As the United Kingdom prepares for full removal from the EU, many of its immigrants are reconsidering their options.
Here is what you need to know when moving back to Germany after living in the UK.
Align Your Certifications and Education to the German Requirements
One of the advantages that many Germans and other nationals see about living in the UK is the multitude of job opportunities, especially for a multilingual person. If you have been living for a long time in the UK, your work experience and education might have to be revised by German standards.
Starting out anew, even in your own country, can be tough, as adapting to the work environment, and even more trivial matters, like weather, takes time.
Where Would You Like to Move?
The obvious first choice for people relocating to their home country is to move to the location they have previously lived, or somewhere where they are close to their family and friends. But you can see your relocation as an opportunity to try a new city or town, even take a chance at being in the countryside.
Luckily, international moving companies cover any part of Germany you need to relocate to. And you also can use professional help available for German returnees.
The Cost of Relocating to Germany from the UK
It’s not possible to determine a fixed amount for moving from the UK to Germany since it depends on so many different factors. The variables that will influence the cost of your move include:
- The distance between the starting point and the destination;
- The volume of the belongings you will need to relocate;
- The type of belongings you need to ship (do they require special handling or storage? are they fragile? etc.)
- The urgency of the shipment - the earlier you book it, the better chance of getting a lower price for it;
- Whether you need door-to-door transport or not;
- Whether you are taking your car with you - importing a new car will be significantly more expensive than shipping a used one.
To get a clearer idea of how much it will cost you to ship your belongings from the UK to Germany, request a free quote from A-1 Transport and let them guide you through the process.
Are You Ready to Go Home to Germany?
If you have already decided that returning to Germany will give you and your family a more fulfilling life, start planning right away. You will have a few things to take care of, so hiring professionals to handle the logistics or bureaucratic matters can definitely ease your transition back home.