When you needed to have your vehicle shipped in the past, the only alternative that you had at your disposal was by contacting a trucking firm to take care of this. Nowadays, it has become possible to ship your vehicle through the rail system to any part of US that you want it delivered. Due to its low cost, car transport by rail is becoming a favorite of most people. Not only that but also the issue of low pollution has endeared it to even more people. To successfully ship your car through rail transport, you need to take the following items into consideration.
Choose the best mode that you want your car shipped. There are two popular methods of transporting a vehicle through rail: regular and enclosed car transport. The regular car transportation method makes use of open frame cars which are pulled by the train. In this case, the cars are transported in open air and are thus exposed to harsh conditions. For those who are shipping expensive vehicles, you should consider the enclosed transportation mode. This way, your car will be protected from elements such flying debris and the like.
Another added benefit of transporting your car by rail is that they also provide door to door auto transport in addition to terminal to terminal. This is because the company makes use of truck transportation alongside long distance vehicle transport by rail.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. ships vehicles worldwide. Click here or call 1-800-452-2880 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote to ship your car.
A good way to transport your car while going on vacation would be to use the auto train service. This rail service transacts between the major towns in the US and can be very convenient when shipping a car to any of these locations. You should always take the same precautions like you would when dealing with auto transport companies. Issues like the insurance policy and filing claims should be set straight at the onset to avoid any complications later on.
As you can see, rail transport is giving car shipping companies a run for their money.
Auto Transport Services
- A-1 Auto Transport Annual Scholarship
- Auto Transport Companies Directory
- Auto Transport: Car & Home Moving Guide
- Brands We Ship
- Brokers VS. Carriers
- Colleges We Ship To
- Cost Estimations By Distance & Locations
- Current Seasonal Discounts & Specials
- How Long Will It Take To Ship My Car?
- How Much Does It Cost?
- How To Prepare your Vehicle
- How to Protect Your Interests as a Client when Requesting Auto Shipping Services
- How To Ship a Vehicle: The Full Process
- Importing Your Car Into The USA
- Locations We Ship To
- Our Green Initiatives
- Our Philosophy
- Researching Brokers Beforehand
- Special Rates For Car Dealers
- The Top 4 National Auto Transport Companies
- US Laws and Standards on Importing a Motor Vehicle
- What Makes Us Better?
- Auto, Classic Car & Motorcycle Show Directory