Domestic USA & International House Moving
- Quote Calculator
Moving A Sick Pet What To Do
You have been planning your move for months; you have even hired the services of a professional mover. Everything is set to go and just like that, your pet is taken ill. Cancelling the move is out of question because you are on a tight schedule. So what do you do? The first thing to do is get in touch with the pet mover. They must have handled such occurrences in their line of work and they will know what to do.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
You can also do the following to help your sick friend:
Tips to move a sick pet
- Immediately you notice that your pet is not in good health, could be an injury or just ordinary sickness, call in the veterinarian. They need to advise you on how to handle the sick animal once you are on the move. He will offer treatment options and give you advice on how to handle your pet while in transit. Ask as many questions as you want to give you the confidence you need to take care of your animal as you travel.
- Handle the sick pet with care. No-one wants to be mistreated when they are not feeling well. An injured pet will need constant attention so get mentally prepared for this task. Since you know where the pain is coming from, be sure to handle the pet appropriately and gently.
- Make sure the pet has a comfortable spot where they can rest and do your best to minimize stressors. By creating a conducive, stress-free environment and following the vet’s instructions, you will see your pet is able to handle the moving process without any challenges.
- If your relocation is by road, ensure that the drive is smooth. Do not hit bumps or swing round sharp corners. Any unexpected movement is bound to cause pain to your injured pet so be conscious of your driving. Have as many stopovers as possible and let these serve as a time for the pet to eat and for the two of you to bond as you check on them.
- If it is possible, have another person take the steering wheel so you can give your friend the much-required attention. If they are small enough, you can hold them on your lap for a while and just stroke them.
- If your movement is by air, then let the flight attendants know that you have a pet that is unwell onboard. Where possible, get an airline that allows you to move with your pet near you. This will allow for close monitoring.
The adage goes, ‘a friend in need is a friend indeed;’ this is the time your pet needs you closest. So as much as possible, do not allow strangers to attend to your pet. Providing extra care and attention is essential for a sick pet just as it is for a human-being. Do ensure that all your moving activities do not cause additional pain or harm to your pet.
State to State Moving Services
- Affordable Long Distance Moving Services
- Apartment Moves
- Cheapest Ways To Move Long Distance
- Commercial Moves
- Corporate Relocation
- Full Service Moves
- Furniture Moves
- Government Moving
- Local Moves
- Long Distance House Moving Companies
- Long Distance Moving Prices
- Long Distance Moving Services
- Military Moves
- Military Moving Companies
- Moving & Storage
- Office Moves
- Piano Moves
- Pool Table Moves
- Senior Moves
- Small Moves
- State to State Moving Services