Mount Prospect Long Distance Moving Companies
The need to move to another city may be necessitated by a new job posting, joining college, retirement or adventure. Preparing for a move can be a simple task if you involve a renowned moving company based in Illinois. We have been in the moving industry for over 20 years. We offer free advice to our clients and guide them throughout the moving process. We transport literally anything in your house including vehicles. If you are planning to move to Mount Prospect, A-1 Auto Transport has got you covered.
Tips to help you move with ease
- Find a trustworthy moving company at least six weeks before moving day. Most professional moving companies are busy especially in June, July, and August. Booking early ensures you secure a spot on their calendar.
- Get organized. Create a checklist to help you complete tasks in an orderly manner. Check off every task as soon you accomplish it. This list will help you stay focused and be ready when its finally time to move.
- Ask your mover to provide you with a list of items they won’t move. Flammables, corrosive materials, and chemicals pose a great danger both to your items and the movers. You can give them away or dispose of them.
- If you have jewelry and other valuable items, pack them yourself. Use a separate bag that you’ll keep close during the entire moving process.
- Don’t move with items you don’t need or use anymore. Categorize them into three; to donate, to sell and to give away. If you have household items that are still in good condition, you may hold a garage sale or donate them to a charity home near you.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Benefits of hiring a professional moving company
- Safety and convenience: There are many risks involved with moving if you don’t have the right skills. You might trip and fall while carrying your furniture causing physical injuries to you and your friends. Professional movers are trained with techniques to handle any type or size of household items with care and deliver them in one piece. They will pack your belongings, load them and unpack them at your new house safely.
- Save time and money: If you plan to move and don’t have the time to organize your move, professional movers will come in handy. They take over the whole process, assess your belongings and give you a fixed charge that covers all the costs.
- Insurance cover: Most professional moving companies are insured hence protecting you from any liabilities in case of an accident. The safety of your items is in their hands until they deliver them to your new home. Your mind will be at peace if you are sure that you’ll be compensated for any damages or loss of your items.
Ways of finding a reliable moving company
Ask a mover you consider hiring to provide you with a USDOT Number. Run an online check on the FMCSA website to find if the company is registered and licensed to operate in the transport industry. Movers operating within the borders of a state need to have permits from their respective states.
Compare the moving costs of more than three companies before choosing one. Beware of a company with a significantly low quote as there may be hidden charges or they may have intentions to defraud you. A reliable mover will provide free moving estimates upon request.
Consider hiring a company with a rating of A+ from the Better Business Bureau. This signifies that the company is trustworthy, honest and provides services of high standards. You can also read the online comments of past users to find out the history of the moving company you intend to hire.
- Long distance moving
- Door to door moving
- Vehicle transport
- Residential moving
- Commercial moving
- Packing and unpacking
- Coast to coast moving
- Pet transport
- Cheap Mount Prospect movers
Why choose us?
A-1 Auto Transport proudly serves Illinois and beyond with first class moving services. We have designed unique services to cater to the needs of every individual. Our crew is available 24/7 to give you all the support you need when moving. As proof of our undying commitment to be the best movers in the U.S., check out what people are saying about us.
Give us a call
Book your date now! Call us on 888-509-3213 to get all the details you need. For free moving quotes, please remember to fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.