Moorhead Long Distance Moving Companies
If you're planning a move to Moorhead, talk to one our moving specialists for suggestions on the best moving solutions available. We are a professional moving company in Minnesota that offers a wide range of services including vehicle relocation.
Tips for moving house with ease
- Pack a ‘survival kit’ to make the first night at your new house less stressful. You probably won't be able to start unpacking immediately and need to have essential items within easy reach. Avoid the headache of digging through dozens of boxes looking for a toothbrush!
- Gather enough packing boxes. Acquire them from moving companies in your locality or in liquor stores. Get boxes of different sizes to accommodate the different items you own. Pack heavy items in small boxes and light items in large boxes.
- Find a babysitter or pet sitter to take care of your kids and pets on the big day. It's going to be a busy day for you and the movers need your full attention. Having kids or pets around will slow you and the movers down.
- To avoid confusion when unpacking, don’t put items from different rooms in the same boxes. Pack room by room and make sure the boxes are labeled correctly. Indicate what each box contains and where it should be placed.
The importance of hiring a professional moving company
- They are well equipped. The risks of personal injuries are high especially in a DIY move. Lack of strength, skills, and expertise leave you vulnerable. To avoid bruises, broken bones or strained muscles, you should really consider enlisting the services of a professional moving company. They have the appropriate equipment to safely handle heavy and delicate items.
- Convenience. Professional movers have the techniques to pack and arrange your items in the truck efficiently and have them transported within a short time. They use high standard materials like protective blankets to protect your items and the walls from getting damaged.
- Friendly staff. The staff of a professional moving company is highly experienced from years of moving houses. They will give you expert advice and guide you through the moving process. They are friendly and ready to help you tackle any issues you might have during the move.
- Cost-effective. Contrary to what people think, hiring a mover may actually be more affordable than moving on your own. If you consider the cost of purchasing packing supplies, hiring a truck and people to help you load, plus fueling the truck and paying for insurance, you realize you could spend more compared to hiring a mover.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Tips to help you find the right moving company
Research on several moving companies online, to establish what their reputation and track record look like. Check the Better Business Bureau for complaints and ratings. Movers that are BBB accredited provide high level services and look after the welfare of their clients.
Movers that don’t have a physical office might not be operating a legit business. Make sure you verify the address of your moving company before hiring. The company’s address should be listed under the company names. Additionally, the company vehicles should be marked with their brand name and USDOT Number.
Beware of companies asking for large deposits before the move. Reputable movers request for payment only after delivering your belongings. You risk losing your items and money if you pay before the move even commences. Additionally, you're not sure if the items will be intact when they are delivered.
Only work with insured moving companies. You're entrusting your possessions with strangers and you want a company you can trust. A reputable mover offers various insurance options for you to choose from. This way you'll be cushioned from incurring losses in case of damages.
- Military relocation
- International moves
- Local moves
- Vehicle transport
- Residential moving
- Storage services
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We offer the most affordable services in town. We pride ourselves in delivering services that exceed our customer expectations. We are a result-oriented and a customer-focused moving company that ensures each customer is satisfied during and after a move. Our aim is to make your transition easy and comfortable. A-1 Auto Transport has everything you need for a stress-free move.
Make the switch today
For further details on how to make your move the most successful, contact our experts on 888-509-3213. Remember to fill out the form at the top of this page for free moving estimates.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com