Moving is a process which requires a lot of preparation in order to have an easy time. Most people, however, consider moving a daunting task. In America, the number of people moving every year makes up about 17% of the country’s total population, with about half that number moving out of state. People move for various reasons such as; to have an easier commute to work or to move to a better neighborhood. Students also make up a small but significant number of people who move yearly. The reasons why students move include moving to or from a university like Missouri State University. Every year during fall, there is a significant movement of students to and from these institutions of higher learning. Moving as a student has its own challenges, none of which are new to us at A-1 Auto Transport Inc. We have been moving students just like you all over Missouri and the whole country with great ease. You can rely on our moving tips and advice to give you an easier move than you envisioned.
How to have an easy student move
Moving as a student can be challenging. However, with these moving tips, you can be sure that your moving experience will be made smoother.
- Create a moving checklist: Moving has many tasks in it which need to be noted down and highlighted as they are accomplished. This way, you will be sure that you have finished what you needed to have done by the end of the day. Furthermore, a moving checklist will ensure that nothing concerning your move is left out.
- Pack early: Start packing as early as you can, which could be 6 weeks to your actual moving day. Packing can take up a lot of time and it is tedious. Therefore, stagger it across the weeks to make it less strenuous. You can begin packing items that you will not need any time soon such as off-season clothes, extra bedding and books.
Benefits of contracting a professional moving company
Contracting a moving company to help you move is not only a way to get rid of moving stress but also to save you time and effort. Some other advantages tied to using professional moving services include the ones listed below.
- Efficiency: You need your move to be over as soon as possible so that you can settle in at your new place, be it the dorm or a new apartment. Professional movers are able to help you move within the shortest time possible by providing you with adequate moving help and the right moving tools.
- Reliability: Once you contract a moving company, they are bound to show up on the day you agreed upon. No matter what happens within the company, for example a staff member getting sick, they will ensure that you are not inconvenienced in any way.
How to find a professional moving company
Finding a professional moving company may prove to be a daunting task especially if you do not know where to begin. Below are a few pointers to get you started.
- Recommendations: The best place to begin with is seeking recommendations from people you trust such as friends and family members. Additionally, you can also seek recommendations from a few reliable local realtors as well as moving supplies stores.
- Background checks: Once you get a few names of some local moving companies, it’s time to do some research of your own. Search the internet for any reviews, both good and bad. Additionally, you can check reliable sites such as the BBB to find out what past customers have to say about the services that the company offered them.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
At A-1 Auto Transport Inc., we have a wide range of moving services which include; full service moves, dorm arrangement, provision of moving boxes and supplies, moving labor for hire, access to affordable moving companies, clean and secure moving storage, auto transport, specialty moving of pool tables, professional moving estimates and moving advice. Moreover, we offer relocation services which include local and long distance, and nationwide and international relocation services.
Benefits of moving with us
Besides offering you a wide range of relocation services to choose from, we are also fully licensed and insured. Moreover, we have been in the moving business for over twenty years now; therefore, we have a credible track record. Our membership with the American Moving and Storage Association is valid and long-standing too.
Call us today
You can reach us via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs. Alternatively, you can fill out the form at the top of this page and we shall contact you as soon as we can.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.