Best Missouri Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
It makes no difference if you are going across the country or across the state, moving can be a difficult thing to do. There are always so many things to do, and it never seems like there is enough time to do it all. There are utility companies to call, records to get, packing and sorting, and that doesn’t even cover the actual hard work. It is nearly impossible to do it yourself, so you have to convince your friends to help you. You either have to rent a big van, or borrow a truck from someone and no matter what you do it never seems to be big enough to fit everything. It is enough to make anyone pull out their hair. Before you go bald, you could try hiring an experienced Missouri moving company to do the heavy lifting for you. You won’t even have to bribe your friends with cold pizza and warm soda.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
|St Louis to Indianapolis||246 miles||$2,106- $2,614||$4,031- $5,780||2-4|
|Memphis to Kansas||401 miles||$2,400- $2,996||$4,661- $6,726||2-4|
|Kansas to Chicago||422 miles||$2,412- $3,012||$4,689- $6,770||2-4|
|St Louis to Denver||797 miles||$2,871- $3,610||$5,668- $8,230||3-5|
|Georgia to Missouri||932 miles||$3,050- $3,842||$6,045- $8,788||3-5|
|Miami to St Louis||1069 miles||$3,222- $4,067||$6,416- $9,346||4-6|
|New York to Kansas||1101 miles||$3,452- $4,370||$6,932- $10,137||4-6|
|Missouri to Arizona||1256 miles||$3,414- $4,316||$6,820- $9,944||4-6|
|Seattle to Kansas||1519 miles||$3,777- $4,790||$7,604- $11,122||5-7|
|St Louis to LA||1601 miles||$3,897- $4,946||$7,862- $11,508||5-7|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size): 1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs 2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs 3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs 4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs 5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Cheap Movers Near Me
Looking for cheap long distance movers near you in Missouri? If you find yourself frustrated over finding the right moving scenario, you can stop your search now. A1 Auto Transport helps customers move just about anything they need us to, all in the shortest time possible anywhere in the U.S. Leaving the bustling town of St. Louis for a remote area in rural Nevada? We can get you there.
Our process is simple. We will want to know how many bedrooms/rooms of belongings you need to move, any unique items that will be going with you (such as a piano), when you want to move, and where we need to take it. After we have these details, we can get you a quote and start your moving process. We are happy to manage your move from start to finish so you can concentrate on all the little tasks that have to get done before you leave and arrive at your new place. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare long distance movers with trucks in your area right now.
Choosing Your Missouri Long Distance Movers
Choosing a moving company doesn’t have to be difficult. Just be sure to ask a few questions and do a little research before you sign on the dotted line.
- Check the company’s reputation online: Sites like Yelp or Google reviews can be incredibly valuable when looking for a moving company. Look for reviews where an issue occurred and how the company handled it to get an idea of what you can expect if something were to go wrong.
- Years in the business: Make sure the company doing your move has an established business history, that way you know you are dealing with a reputable and trustworthy group of professionals.
- Registered with the DOT: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number.
- How much insurance does the company provide: Some moving companies insure your belongings for the full replacement value or their depreciated value, but the law only requires moving companies to insure only $0.60 per pound.
- Additional services available: There are a whole host of services that moving companies can provide. You should see what types of services the company you have chosen will provide and how much extra it will call.
- Availability: Can you get a hold of the movers in the event of an emergency? It is important to know before moving day.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Door to door moving
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and custom furniture moving including piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Car shipping services
- Cheap Missouri movers
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Missouri Long Distance Movers?
A lot of different things can affect the total cost of working with a moving company. Obviously, the distance and amount of stuff you are moving will be the largest factor, but things like fuel surcharges and moving during a peak season can all bump your bill up. You should get a few different quotes to compare. Most companies will offer a free estimate if you call them.
Before Signing a Contract with the Movers
- All the services you have requested should be clearly listed on the contract along with any additional charges.
- Make sure all of the information on your agreement is correct including all contact information and the addresses of both the house you are moving to and the one you are moving from.
- Make sure you know how much will be covered in the event of damages.
Things to Do...
- Label your boxes and leave them in the rooms they were packed in. Never stack the boxes in one place
- Keep valuable items like jewelry with you instead of having the movers transport it.
- Ask for a copy of the packing list for your records. The condition if your belongings should be listed, check for any discrepancies.
- Some homeowner’s insurance policies cover damages during a move. Most movers with a dependable reputation will provide insurance coverage.
International Moving Services in Missouri
If you’re going abroad, not on vacation but for work, you may need help moving your things. Especially if you’re busy with business, our assistance can be invaluable.
We’ll take care of every aspect of the move, so you won’t have to. To reduce your expenditure, you can get rid of anything you no longer need prior to the moving date. Not only does the amount and weight of your belongings influence the price, but it influences packing and loading costs too.
The more items we have to pack and load in our truck, the more hours will accumulate. The payment for this type of work is calculated by the hour.
Missouri Cross Country Movers for Hire
Always Helpful Movers
Lee’s Summit, MO
Metro Wide Movers
917 NW Jefferson St.
Blue Springs, MO 64015
McGuire Moving and Storage
8645 S Broadway St.
Louis, MO 63111
Missouri Storage Facility Directory
Eastway Storage Center
3156 E Division St.
Springfield, MO 65802
A Storage Inn- Fenton
1166 Gravois Rd.
Fenton, MO 63026
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.