Best Missouri Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
It makes no difference if you are going across the country or across the state, moving can be a difficult thing to do. There are always so many things to do, and it never seems like there is enough time to do it all. There are utility companies to call, records to get, packing and sorting, and that doesn’t even cover the actual hard work. It is nearly impossible to do it yourself, so you have to convince your friends to help you. You either have to rent a big van, or borrow a truck from someone and no matter what you do it never seems to be big enough to fit everything. It is enough to make anyone pull out their hair. Before you go bald, you could try hiring an experienced Missouri moving company to do the heavy lifting for you. You won’t even have to bribe your friends with cold pizza and warm soda.
Choosing Your Missouri Long Distance Movers
Choosing a moving company doesn’t have to be difficult. Just be sure to ask a few questions and do a little research before you sign on the dotted line.
- Check the company’s reputation online: Sites like Yelp or Google reviews can be incredibly valuable when looking for a moving company. Look for reviews where an issue occurred and how the company handled it to get an idea of what you can expect if something were to go wrong.
- Years in the business: Make sure the company doing your move has an established business history, that way you know you are dealing with a reputable and trustworthy group of professionals.
- Registered with the DOT: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number.
- How much insurance does the company provide: Some moving companies insure your belongings for the full replacement value or their depreciated value, but the law only requires moving companies to insure only $0.60 per pound.
- Additional services available: There are a whole host of services that moving companies can provide. You should see what types of services the company you have chosen will provide and how much extra it will call.
- Availability: Can you get a hold of the movers in the event of an emergency? It is important to know before moving day.
A-1 Auto Transport, Inc. can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Door to door moving
- Commercial and office relocations
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and custom furniture moving including piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Car shipping services
- Cheap Missouri movers
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Missouri Long Distance Movers?
A lot of different things can affect the total cost of working with a moving company. Obviously, the distance and amount of stuff you are moving will be the largest factor, but things like fuel surcharges and moving during a peak season can all bump your bill up. You should get a few different quotes to compare. Most companies will offer a free estimate if you call them.
Before Signing a Contract with the Movers
- All the services you have requested should be clearly listed on the contract along with any additional charges.
- Make sure all of the information on your agreement is correct including all contact information and the addresses of both the house you are moving to and the one you are moving from.
- Make sure you know how much will be covered in the event of damages.
Things to Do…
- Label your boxes and leave them in the rooms they were packed in. Never stack the boxes in one place
- Keep valuable items like jewelry with you instead of having the movers transport it.
- Ask for a copy of the packing list for your records. The condition if your belongings should be listed, check for any discrepancies.
- Some homeowner’s insurance policies cover damages during a move. Most movers with a dependable reputation will provide insurance coverage.
Missouri Cross Country Movers for Hire
Lee’s Summit, MO
917 NW Jefferson St.
Blue Springs, MO 64015
8645 S Broadway St.
Louis, MO 63111
Missouri Storage Facility Directory
3156 E Division St.
Springfield, MO 65802
1166 Gravois Rd.
Fenton, MO 63026