Best Mississippi Long Distance & Interstate Moving Companies
Everyone has a few of their own moving horror stories. The time that you couldn’t figure out how to get that bulky piece of furniture that your mother in law insisted you have up the stairs and around the corner. There is the chunk of missing sheet rock in your hallway from your headboard. Then there are the many broken dishes and lost boxes. It is a nightmare. This time, you could consider hiring a professional moving company out of Mississippi to help. They can make the job so much easier, whether it is moving across town or across the country. Let someone else figure out how to get your furniture through the door without wrecking anything.
Cost & Time Examples For Interstate Moves
|Jackson to Memphis||206 miles||$2,139- $2,657||$4,107- $5,900||2-4|
|Atlanta to Jackson||359 miles||$2,329- $2,904||$4,510- $6,500||2-4|
|Gulfport to Jacksonville||456 miles||$2,433- $3,038||$4,726- $6,816||2-4|
|Asheville to Gulfport||523 miles||$2,496- $3,121||$4,862- $7,018||2-4|
|Ohio to Mississippi||858 miles||$3,008- $3,788||$5,962- $8,668||3-5|
|Jackson to Denver||972 miles||$3,152- $3,976||$6,269- $9,128||3-5|
|Boston to Jackson||1263 miles||$3,473- $4,394||$6,958- $10,162||4-6|
|Las Vegas to Gulfport||1567 miles||$3,744- $4,745||$7,525- $10,998||5-7|
|San Diego to Jackson||1573 miles||$3,802- $4,824||$7,663- $11,214||5-7|
|Gulfport to Seattle||2125 miles||$4,420- $5,626||$8,974- $13,167||6-8|
*Prices and times are estimated. They can vary depending on the season and the contents of the home. Prices do not include packing.
Estimated Weight (based on home size):
1BR=2600 lbs - 3900 lbs
2BR=3900 lbs - 5200 lbs
3BR=6500 lbs - 9100 lbs
4BR=9100 lbs - 14300 lbs
5BR=11700 lbs - 19500 lbs
Cheap Movers Near Me
Looking for cheap long distance movers near you in Mississippi? If you have had enough of the hot Summers and are looking to shake up your environment and move to Maine, we can help. You’re gearing up for a new adventure, and we know new adventures require some planning and strategy. A1 Auto Transport can help you plan your move from start to finish. We work closely with our clients to learn about their unique needs so we can deliver their items safely to their new location. We love what we do, and our teams take tremendous pride in their work.
Before you decide to spend a stack of hard-earned money on a commercial moving service, or before you throw the towel in and opt to do it all yourself, talk to us first. We have teams in your area waiting to work with you and get you to this new adventure as quickly and affordably as possible. We have you covered from load in, to delivery, and can manage just about every aspect of your transport needs. This includes large items like a second car or motorcycle or the smallest of things like your kid’s legos. Head to A1 Auto Transport to compare long distance movers with trucks in your area right now.
Choosing Your Mississippi Long Distance Movers
It is important to thoroughly research any company you are planning on doing business with, especially one that you have to trust with everything you own. Don’t grab the first number in the phone book.
- How long has the company been in business: You will want to make sure the company you are working with has the experience to do the job. If any problems were to arise, an experienced company will be better equipped to deal with them.
- Check the reputation of the company: You should always check online to see what kind of reviews and testimonials are on sites like Yelp. They can help you gauge the level of professionalism of the company, and how they deal with issues.
- Department of Transportation registration: Interstate movers must be registered with the Federal government and have a U.S. DOT number.
- What kind of protection does the company offer for your belongings: The law only requires the company to have insurance on $0.60 per pound of your things. Some companies will offer more coverage. You should find out what kind of coverage you can expect.
- Additional services and fees: Some companies offer various add ons and additional services such as vehicle transport or packing and unpacking services. Always find out what services are offered and the additional cost for each.
- Ease of access: Can you get a hold of the movers in the event of an emergency? It is important to know before moving day. A company with a local office may be helpful.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our Moving Services
- Residential apartment and house moving
- Military relocations
- State to state, coast to coast, local and long distance moving
- Heavy and specialized furniture moving. Piano moving, pool table moving, etc.
- Auto transport services
- Full service packing and unpacking, including packing materials
- Door to door moving
- Student moves
- Commercial and office relocations
- Cheap Mississippi movers
How Much Will It Cost To Hire My Mississippi Long Distance Movers?
It can be difficult to calculate how much it will cost to hire a moving company. The price can be affected by a number of different factors like the distance you are traveling, the weight of the load, and any additional services you have chosen. It is a good idea to call for free estimates and compare your quotes.
Before Signing the Mover’s Agreement
- Make sure all services and charges are spelled out clearly on your agreement.
- Check all information to make sure it is correct. Ensure all addresses and phone numbers are right.
- Look at your company’s policy on damage. Will they pay you for the full replacement or do they only cover the minimum?
- Never stack all your boxes together in one place. Make sure they are all in the rooms they were packed in for the movers to grab on moving day.
- Any valuables should be kept with you.
- Request a copy of the mover’s inventory list. Check the condition of the items noted on it. If you have any disagreements, be sure to bring it up with the company.
- Some homeowner’s insurance policies cover items damaged during a move. You should check if yours does.
International Moving Services in Mississippi
Not everyone is in the physical shape necessary to lift furniture all day. You may also not want to put this work on your friends either. If so, our moving team can help you.
You may have problems organizing and packing your belongings. Not only is it a very lengthy process, but you’ll need a lot of materials to get through it. If you prepare too few of them, you’ll have to make another errand. Too many, and you’ll be paying extra.
If you’d like to avoid all this trouble, call today. If you want to be sure we’re not overbooked on the date you want to move on, it’s best to contact us early.
Mississippi Cross Country Movers for Hire
McCorquodale Transfer Inc.
425 W Capitol St.
Jackson, MS 39203
Affordable Movers LLC.
Armstrong Relocation- Jackson
1223 US-51 a
Madison, MS 39110
Mississippi Storage Facility Directory
Handy Lock Self Storage
4051 Gautier Vancleave Rd.
Gautier, MS 39553
Tellus Self Storage- Florence
2307 US 49
Florence, MS 39073
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.