Milledgeville Long Distance Moving Companies
Moving is an overwhelming yet exciting experience. If you choose the right partner your move will be fulfilling, stress-free and smooth. A-1 Auto Transport is a Georgia based professional moving company providing unrivaled services within the state and across the country. We help to organize and plan your move, making it as flawless as possible. Let us handle your move to Milledgeville and make it memorable. We also offer vehicle transport services.
Tips to ease your move
- Start planning your move as early as 8 weeks. Research and pick a mover and a moving date. It’s cheaper to move on weekdays or the middle of the month.
- Notify your utility company of the impending move and have them turned off at the old house and turned on at your new one.
- Visit the house you’ll be relocating to and find out if any repairs are needed. Check that everything is working properly including water and electricity. Clean the house thoroughly to make it easy to settle in.
- Movers inventory household items for their records and to calculate the weight of your load. If possible have your own inventory to compare with that of the mover to spot any damaged or missing items.
- Get plenty of boxes for packing your household items. The boxes should be strong enough to hold your items without falling apart. Seal properly with tape and label them clearly to make it easy to unload and unpack at your new house.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Why you should hire a professional moving company
- Personal safety: Moving involves physical strain especially when lifting heavy household items. This poses danger to people who don’t have proper training. You expose your safety and that of your friends by trying to move heavy items. But with professional movers, all their staff is expertly trained and able to handle any size of household items.
- Protection for your items: When you hire a professional moving company, the safety of your items is guaranteed. They know how to maneuver through small spaces and safely load items into the trucks. They are fully equipped with moving blankets, dollies, and straps to complete your move on time. They carefully disassemble furniture and reassemble it back at your new house.
- Reliability: Scheduling your move depending on the availability of your friends is difficult and unwise. Most of them have commitments and may fail to show up. But you can rely on professional movers to show up on time and deliver on their promise. A-1 Auto Transport is a professional company that commits to honoring contracts with its clients.
How to find a reliable moving company
- The safety of your belongings is paramount, hence, crucial to hire a mover who is fully insured. They are liable for damages and you are certain of compensation. The movers are required by law to cover only 60 cents per pound per item. If possible, find a mover who offers full value protection. This may cost you extra but the movers will be liable for full cost (repair or replacement). Ask your mover about their insurance options and choose the plan that suits you.
- Check the reputation of a moving company with the FMCSA’s complaints department. The site provides information about consumer complaints and how they were resolved. Check if your mover is listed and the number of complaints filed against it.
- Only hire a mover that is duly licensed by the relevant authorities. Check the legitimacy of your potential mover with the FMCSA. Interstate movers must have a valid USDOT Number while intrastate movers must have a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity from the Georgia Department of Public Safety.
Our moving services
- Interstate moving
- Intrastate moving
- Commercial and residential moving
- Military relocation
- College relocation
- Coast to coast moving
- Door to door relocation
- Vehicle transportation
- Pet transport
- Cheap Milledgeville movers
Why hire us?
We are a premier moving company in Georgia with branches countrywide. Our staff is highly trained and experienced in moving household items and we always strive to uphold our reputation as the industry leader in the moving business. Trust A-1 Auto Transport to handle and deliver your belongings safely and on time.
Call us today
Our customer care representatives are available 24/7 and ready to attend to your every concern. Call us now on 888-509-3213 to book a date! Remember to fill out the form at the top of this page to get your free moving estimates.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.