Middletown Long Distance Moving Companies
Along the foot of Shawangunk Mountains and near the Wallkill River you will find the city of Middletown located in Orange County. The city will allow you to enjoy a diversity of cultures as it hosts a largely diverse ethnic community. A-1 Auto Transport Inc has managed to set itself apart as Middletown’s preferred mover.
Below are some of the most common terms used in reference to moving services offered by professional movers:
- Bill of lading. This is the contract that a client signs with the mover authorizing for the move. It outlines the terms and conditions of the moving engagement and acts as a receipt for your items.
- Claim. This is a written statement by the client to the moving company to request for payment in lieu of damages or loss of his or her property while it was in the care of the movers.
- Declared valuation. This is the value that the client gives his or her property before they are moved. It is used to define the maximum liability your mover will have in the event of damage or loss.
- Extra stop. In the event the movers are required to make a stop to pick up or drop off something that is considered as a split move and attracts an additional fee.
- Overflow. If the client requested for a smaller van or the company failed to do a local estimate assessment, it may result in getting a truck that is smaller than may be required necessitating the need for an extra truck.
- Peak season. Busiest moving season for many movers and it attracts higher moving fees. This is normally during summer.
- Packed by owner (PBO). It refers to items packed by the client. It is good to confirm the PBO policy of your mover as some movers do not insure goods that were packed by owner.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Considerations for hiring movers
Now that you understand some of the common terms, we will share with you some common considerations to factor in when hiring movers:
- Moving is an investment, do not hire your mover based just on the price.
- Evaluate your moving needs and determine which type of move is best suited for you.
- Do thorough background research on your preferred movers in Middletown; compare prices, expertise and customer experience.
- Ensure your mover is registered with the relevant authorities.
- Discuss with your mover all possible additional charges before you commission a move.
- Ask all movers to give you their quotes in writing. Final quote should be based on a local on-site estimate.
- Request to visit their offices. If a mover does not have a physical address be cautious of engaging them.
- Have your own inventory that captures all your items.
- Find out modes of payment to the mover; avoid movers who want cash payment or a deposit.
Our moving services
We have a variety of moving and transport services for the people of Middletown:
- Packing and unpacking
- Exclusive use of moving vehicle
- Extra stops for pickups or drop offs
- Waiting and redelivery services
- Debris management and clean up
- Handling special items
- Delivery services
- Warehousing; both on short and long-term basis
- Hoisting and rigging
- Long carries
- Flight services
Why A-1 Auto Transport Inc?
- Prices - we have the best and most competitive rates in Middletown.
- Experience - we have over two decades worth of experience in the moving industry in the US. We know the loopholes and we have learnt a lot over the years.
- Ratings - we have delivered thousands upon thousands of great customer experiences. Our best ratings have been through the Better Business Bureau.
- Free consultation - once you engage us, we send our experts to help you get a local estimate. Our experts will also give you free relevant moving advice.
- Licensing - we are registered by the FMSCA and we are members of the American Moving & Storage Association.
Contact us today
Are you looking for Middletown’s preferred mover? If your answer is yes, start by filling the form at the top of the page and get a free moving quote estimate from our team. You can also write to us via email@example.com with your queries, concerns and/or feedback. Alternatively you can reach us directly through 888-509-3213, our agents will be glad to assist you with any concerns. We would love you to be counted amongst our happy clients!
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.