Whenever you think of moving , what images does it conjure in your mind? For most people, moving is a challenging task, yet one they have to endure every once in a while. In America, we tend to move quite often, about 6 times each year. Different people move for different reasons such as relocation to a better neighborhood, for an easier commute to work, to be closer to family and such other reasons. It is estimated that renters move more than homeowners do, for obvious reasons. Furthermore, students also make a significant number of folks who relocate every year. The reason why students relocate is when joining or leaving an institution of learning. Therefore, as you plan to move to or from Michigan State University , we at A-1 Auto Transport are keen on making your relocation a smooth process. We understand that the transition from a home environment to a university dorm or from a university dorm to your first apartment can be emotionally and physically draining. Our company has moved thousands of students just like you all over Michigan and the entire country with great success.
How to have seamless student relocation
Moving as a student may seem daunting especially since it could be your first or second move by yourself. However, these moving tips should help you to have a smoother transition.
- Pack early: As soon as you lock down your moving date, you should begin to pack. Packing can take a long time and its repetitive nature is bound to drain you physically. Therefore, start packing items that can be packed away as early as possible to reduce your workload.
- Prepare a moving checklist: Moving involves lots of tasks such as packing, calling the movers, hiring a moving truck, changing your mailing address and so on. It is difficult to keep all these in mind, therefore write them down and check them off as you accomplish each one.
Why you will require professional moving help
While moving as student may present a smaller challenge than moving an entire household, it still requires lots of help. No one is better placed to handle your move like a professional mover, and this is why.
- They are efficient: Lugging and hoisting heavy boxes and furniture is definitely not up your alley. For professional movers, they are trained on the most efficient ways to complete such tasks in the shortest and safest ways possible.
- They are reliable: Counting on your friends to help you on moving day is a gamble because anything could happen and they would not be available at the last minute. Professional movers on the other hand will ensure that they arrive on schedule and move you at the stipulated time on the contract.
- They have proper tools and equipment: Professional movers have all the tools and equipment needed to make your move all the more easier. From hoisting straps to moving dollies, you can be sure that they will come with every tool that your move needs.
How to find the most suitable professional moving company
Over the years, the moving industry has grown with an increasing number moving companies being witnessed every year. However, not all these companies will offer you the services that you need. Here is how to find the perfect match for your student move.
- Licensing and insurance: It is critical that a professional mover have all the correct licenses and insurance to allow them to be in operation. Check against the U.S. Department of Transportation database to confirm that truly the company is up to date.
- Student discounts: Moving is expensive, and you are operating on a budget. Look out for companies such as ours that offer great student rates and discounts.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
A-1 Auto Transport Inc offers a wide range of relocation services such as local and long distance, coast to coast and interstate, nationwide and international relocation services. Additionally, we offer great student rates and cost of moving, full service moves, dorm moving and arrangement, furniture disassembly and reassembly, access to affordable moving companies, packing and unpacking services and vehicle transport.
Advantages of moving with us
Besides having a wide range of moving services, we are fully licensed and insured. Moreover, we have over twenty years of experience in the moving industry with great ranking with the Better Business Bureau. Furthermore, our company is a member of the American Moving and Storage Association and a recognized ProMover.
Move with us
You can contact us via 888-509-3213 for all your moving needs. You may also fill out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.
Email me - email@example.com