Michigan City Long Distance Moving Companies
Michigan City is one of the principal cities in La Porte-Indiana Metropolitan area. Its proximity to Lake Michigan ensures it gets a percentage of the tourists in the summer months. Indiana National Lakeshore has the best sights of Lake Michigan. Beach volleyball, diving and swimming are the most common activities along the shore. Visit Michigan City and view the few remaining light houses of Indiana. The Blue Chip Casino has gambling, dining and skating. Moving is demanding. It involves numerous activities such as sourcing materials, getting permits and ensuring your items are safe. A long distance move is even more exacting especially when handled by inexperienced personnel. Move to Michigan City and start afresh. Choose A-1 Auto Transport for the most reliable moving and vehicle relocations services.
Why you need a moving company
- Peace of mind: When using a professional moving company, you can manage your affairs better. You do not have to rent a truck, call friends for help or source for moving supplies. Professional movers can handle all these tasks and any other extra services. They ensure your normal programme is not interrupted. Moving companies are safe and work quicker. They have the experience and equipment to ensure all items are accounted for. This keeps you relaxed throughout the process.
- Insurance: Moving companies cover for all items when moving. It is a requirement by law to provide basic insurance during each move. When you conduct a self-move you are vulnerable to breakage and loss. The replacement cost will be on you. Insurance confirms all the employees conducting the move are also covered. In case a heavy item injures a team member, they are compensated through the workers compensation scheme.
- Safety: Professional movers are skilled to handle items of all sizes. They pad items with bubble wrap and soft fabric to protect them against impact. The employees move the items safely using dollies, ramps and grippers. They have the experience to anticipate danger and avoid these situations. Straps tie down the items in the dollies and carriers which ensure they don’t topple when moving on rough roads.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
How to find the best moving company in Michigan City
- Membership: Moving companies that are members of associations such as American Movers and Storage Association and Indiana Household Movers and Warehousemen Association are legitimate. They are verified and have the best moving services. In case you feel aggrieved with a moving company, you can lodge a complaint with the association.
- Compliance: Enter the USDOT or INDOT number of the moving company at FMCSA. Confirm the company’s physical addresses, permits and experience. You can also view the resources a company owns.
- Reviews and ratings: Check how customers view the company’s services at Better Business Bureau and Yelp. These sites have thousands of reviews from customers in the state and country. You can refine your search according to your type or location of you move. If you use additional sites, confirm the reviews are verified. Some companies generate fake reviews in order to get favorable ratings.
The best practices when moving to Michigan City
Establish you are 80% ready before the company arrives. Dismantle large furniture and dismount electronics. Sort out your stuff and only move the items you need.
Some garage items, clothes and utensils have long ceased to function. Sell or donate the items to Goodwill. Ensure you have adequate space in your new house.
When packing, begin with rarely used items as you progress to everyday items. Have a central location for packing to reduce the time used in locating and moving items.
Use similar colored boxes to pack items of similar use. Make holes on the sides of the boxes to improve handling. Mark the boxes with fragile items using bright colors and huge markings. It is important so movers can exercise caution when dealing with such items.
Load heavy items first and then proceed with light items. Strap the items in the carrier to avoid them bumping into each other. Make a copy of the movers inventory before they leave.
A-1 Auto Transport
Experience and equipment are vital to our consistent and incredible services over the last 25 years. We have integrated mechanization in our services to ensure we are fast and safe in every bit of the moving process.
Our moving services
- Apartment relocations
- College moves
- Office moves
- Pet transport
- Auto transport
- Long distance government moves
- Piano moves
- Pool table moves
- Military moves
- Cheap Michigan City movers
Contact us now
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.