Moving is a process most people term as daunting or even challenging. Furthermore, most people would rather not move unless they absolutely have to. In America, this happens at least every 6 years for adults. Moving is a seasonal process with the majority of moves being between May and September, a season dubbed by movers as high season. Students also tend to move in the fall, making this another high season for moving companies. Our company, A1 Auto Transport Inc, has been in the business of moving for over twenty years now and we have come to embrace the entire process of moving. We pride ourselves in moving our customers all over the country and internationally with great success and ease. Therefore, your move to or from Miami University (Oxford – main campus) is in good hands when you decide to move with us. Our clients are drawn from different states all over America, including Ohio.
How to move seamlessly as a student
You can achieve a seamless student move if you follow these moving tips.
- Create a moving to-do list: Moving requires a lot of organization, and what better way to do that than by creating a moving to-do list. Capture every detail of your move in your moving folder or book no matter how small or insignificant you think it is. Check off each item as you get it done.
- Move on the right day: Moving as a student happens during the peak moving season which means that moving rates go up as well as the cost of any moving supplies you will need. Find out from the university or apartment if you can move in a week earlier to beat the rush.
- Hire a professional moving company: There’s no better way to move seamlessly than with the help of a professional mover. If you do intend to hire a professional mover, you should contract them at least a month before you move.
Advantages of hiring a professional moving company
Here are some advantages of hiring a professional moving company.
- For a stress-free move: Professional movers will take the stress from your move by handling all the tasks with great expertise and professionalism. Furthermore, you will have nothing to worry about since they know their way around different types of moves.
- Efficiency and speed: Moving is a process that can take all day if you are by yourself, but a professional moving crew can finish your move in just a matter of hours.
- The right tools and equipment: To be able to pack, load the trucks and unpack, you will need special tools and equipment. All these are in the possession of the professional movers and you don’t have to run around looking to hire these items at the last minute.
Here are some tips to finding the best mover
Looking for a mover needs you to look at a few of the best local movers, and then narrow down your search to the best mover. Here is how.
- Review their moving services offering: Find out what kind of moving services the local moving companies have to offer. Be sure that you understand exactly what kind of moving services you require as these will guide you in making an informed choice.
- Their years of operation: The number of years a moving company has been in operation is an important factor. Experience brings with it great lessons which the professional movers are able to use to make your move even better than their last move.
- Their area of operation: While it is important to keep your search local, find out how far your local mover offers its services. If you require to move long-distance, find a mover who is licensed to move across states and even nationwide.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
Our moving services
We offer various relocation services such as local, long distance, nationwide and international relocation services. Furthermore, we offer dorm arrangement, apartment moving, door to door moving, full service moves, furniture disassembly and reassembly, pool table transport, access to affordable moving companies, vehicle transport, clean and secure moving storage, professional moving estimates and many other services.
Advantages of using our moving services
We are a fully licensed and insured moving services provider. Additionally, we are members of the American Moving and Storage Association as well as the ProMover. Our Better Business Bureau rankings have remained consistently good over the years. Besides, our track record is backed by great and credible customer reviews.
Make the smart move
You can reach us by dialing 888-509-3213 or by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.