Merriam Long Distance Moving Companies
Relocating may seem like a complicated process but with simple guidelines and an experienced moving company, you’re set for a smooth transition. Don’t let your move to Merriam give you sleepless nights. A-1 Auto Transport is here to take that burden off your shoulders and give you a fun move. We are a reputable moving company based in Kansas that has been providing quality moving services to clients for over two decades. Our services are unique and come at pocket-friendly rates. We also transport vehicles.
Tips to help you relocate with ease
- Gather plenty of boxes and packing supplies that are of high quality. Brand new boxes are safe and durable as compared to used ones. You also need sealing tape, markers, and bubble wrap. Ensuring that everything is available will save you time and effort.
- Start packing items that are not in use. For instance, seasonal clothes and equipment should be packed first. This will give you more room to operate freely.
- If you’re moving your refrigerator, defrost it at least 24 hours prior to moving. Make sure it's thoroughly clean then wipe dry any liquids to prevent growth of mildew.
- Purge your household items. Any item you haven’t used in more than six months needs to be disposed of. Carry only the necessary items and donate or sell the rest.
- Any screws or bolts should be placed in Ziploc bags to keep them safe. Attach the bags to the pieces of furniture they belong to for easy identification.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
4 reasons why you need a professional moving company
- Save time and energy: Moving involves a lot of activities such as packing, finding a truck and loading the boxes. This is not as simple as it sounds and the process can leave you exhausted. Hiring professional movers will save you time since they will handle everything so that you can focus on other issues.
- Your belongings are insured: Many risks come with moving. Items may fall and break, or an accident may lead to damages of your belongings. However, with professional movers, there’s less to worry about. They offer different insurance options that you can pick from. In case of any misfortunes, you can relax knowing that you’re eligible for compensation.
- Customer service: Professional movers provide high quality services to satisfy their clients. Apart from moving your belongings, they offer personal support along the way to make sure you have a great experience. They will make sure you settle comfortably.
- The right equipment: Professional movers come with the appropriate tools meant to make your move safe and fast. You don’t have to break your back; they will carry your heavy items and safely load them into the trucks.
Tips to choose a reputable moving company
- Online research: Check out the company’s website. Are there any reviews? Customers leave positive or negative reviews depending on their moving experience. Establish the reputation of the moving company by looking it up in the Better Business Bureau website. A company rated A+ signifies outstanding performance and trust.
- Credentials: Protect yourself from rogue movers. Make sure the company you’re hiring is legitimate and has all the legal documents required by law. Out-of-state movers need a USDOT Number to be able to cross state boundaries. Movers operating in Kansas must have a Certificate of Convenience and Necessity from the Kansas Corporation Commission.
- Hire a local mover: Get as much information from the moving company you are interested in by asking the right questions. You can tell their level of professionalism by the way they respond to your questions. Communication is key, and if they are knowledgeable, you are sure they’ll handle your move professionally.
- Long distance moving
- Full-service (packing and unpacking)
- Coast to coast moving
- Specialized and bulky moving
- Vehicle transport
- Pet transport
- Military relocation
- Corporate moving
- Cheap Merriam movers
Why A-1 Auto Transport?
We have a great team that strives to make sure there are no hitches during your move. Our customers mean everything to us and we promise to resolve any issues you might have as quickly and efficiently as possible. When you hire us, we guarantee that we’ll honor the contract and be punctual. We want you to have a memorable moving experience, and you can trust us on that. Hire A-1 Auto Transport today and join thousands of other satisfied customers.
Talk to us
For any questions about our services, feel free to contact us on 888-509-3213. Get free instant quotes by filling out the form at the top of this page.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.