Meriden Long Distance Moving Companies
Meriden was one of the biggest manufacturing cities of the 20th century. It produced quality items such as, lamps, coins, clothes, weapons and post cards. These ancient items are currently found in the local museums. They are sold for premium prices during auctions all over Connecticut State. The city has a favorable environment for settling and doing business. The town has well developed infrastructure. In Meriden, A-1 Auto Transport handles multiple moving services. We also deal with vehicle relocation services.
Why hire a moving company
The best companies evolved from offering only transport to more technical services. The types of move done by a mover depend with the locality.
People who use the do it yourself (DIY) move have small loads and move over short distances. The move has mediocre planning and many impediments. Using volunteers to help with your move is risky. The volunteers may show up and leave at will. They may also lack the strength to deal with heavy furniture.
In DIY clients will budget for fuel, time and perhaps accommodation. When one contracts a moving company, he/she can opt for full moving services or transport only. In full moving the packing, unpacking and house arrangement are part of the deal. A moving company has experience and when planning for a move, they will:
- Anticipate any hotspots with chances of accidents occurring. The moving company is very alert to such situations and mitigates them.
- Insure goods against loss. They have the basic $0.60 per pound of load insurance.
- Use appropriate equipment to handle laborious tasks; they can disengage the largest item you own with ease.
- Train employees physically and mentally. Stamina and strength are necessary to tackle heavy items and numerous trips.
A-1 Auto Transport can help you move your household goods nationwide. Call 888-509-3213 to get a free, no obligation to buy price quote on interstate moving services.
What to do when moving to Meriden
- Provide correct contact details to the moving company and keep in touch with them. Clients should be comfortable to share their phone numbers, email and post office box address with the movers. The movers can update you on the progress when conducting the move. Cases of forgetfulness are common; the movers may notice you did not pack an item which is still in the house.
- New premises have different rules; noise disturbance, car parking or visitor entry hours etc. Confirm all the rules and regulations and inform your movers in advance.
- Advanced preparation is very important. This includes booking, packing and visiting the new environs. When you make up your mind about moving, make contact with a mover and set a moving date weeks ahead. When packing, ensure you have packed at least 70% of your possessions before the movers arrive.
- Visit your new area weeks before and scope all the pathways and doorways. This is important to know how to disengage and move the huge items. Also ensure to clean up the space before moving in.
Hire a reliable mover with these tips
Do an online search of all moving companies in your area. Scale them down on the basis of registration, licensing and regulation. If you plan to make a cross country move, confirm the mover is licensed to operate in the area. Visit websites like USDOT,DPUC,AMSA and BBB to establish such facts.
Customer review sites like moverreviews.com review and rate a company’s performance. The aspects they use include, customer review, environmental restoration and exceptional services the company provides.
You can know:
- How long has the company been providing moving services?
- What is the scope of the company’s jurisdiction?
- How many customers have a positive review of the company?
- What is the company rating on customer review websites?
A-1 Auto Transport
Customers are the core of our existence. They have made us since we set foot in the industry. We listen to all their needs and deliver to their expectations. We have developed financial packages that cut across all income levels. Each customer has a different disposable income, and for that we stretch our payment plans widely enough. We have a customer support page that is open and efficient in responding to queries. Our employees are well-trained and know how to handle your needs in an effective manner.
Our services include:
- Full service moves
- Commercial relocations
- Apartment moves
- Local moves
- Office moves
- Piano moves
- Pet transport
- Pool table moves
- Auto transport
- Military moves
- Cheap Meriden movers
Call us on 888-509-3213 or visit A-1 Auto Transport. Fill out the form at the top of the page and sample our amazing offers.
Written By:Joe Webster
Joe Webster began his journey in the auto transport field by attending the University of Southern California (USC), where he graduated with a Bachelor of Business Marketing.
After college, he started his career in the auto transport industry from the bottom up and has done virtually every job there is to do at A-1 Auto Transport, including but not limited to: Truck Driver, Dispatch, Sales, PR, Bookkeeping, Transport Planner, Transport Manager, International Transport Manager, Brokering, Customer Service, and Marketing. Working with his mentor Tony Taylor, Joe Webster has learned the ins and outs of this industry which is largely misunderstood.
With over 30 years experience in the industry, we've been helping people ship their vehicles, motorcycles, RV's, heavy equipment, household goods and more across the country or overseas without a hitch. Ask us anything.